Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2021, 10:33 AM

9,229 posts, read 8,549,026 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
Huge concert at Memorial Stadium at the University of Nebraska tonight with 90,000 in attendance to see Garth Brooks perform. News reports show that most attendees were unmasked. Nebraska is about 50% vaccinated, but attendees also came from surrounding states.

I am not in favor of vaccine mandates. I don’t like masks. I don’t like shut downs. I think people should try to live their lives. I think COVID a has been overhyped for political gain.

AND I think this was irresponsible and stupid. COVID rates are rising everywhere. We are at a crossroads of forced vaccinations that some say are dangerous.

Why in the world not postpone the concert?

College football is weeks away...

Then what happens?
My half-sister attended a Garth Brooks concert, and was happy to do so. She was practicing her freedom of choice that our country has stood for from its beginnings. She is not vaccinated; she wore a mask. She had a good time.

I am vaccinated, I wear a mask where the situation dictates, and understand the risks when I do not. I have socially distanced from the start. I disagree with the public sentiment that I am responsible for others' well-being. Risk management is the responsibility of each of us. I am not my brother's or sister's keeper. God gave each of us free will, and with each choice there are consequences.

What will happen? The natural order of things will happen. Some will be fine, others will not. Each of us face risks every day. If we have a history of taking risks, or not, eventually we will encounter a situation that will be our last.

In the end, none of us will get out of this world alive.

Old 08-15-2021, 10:39 AM

34,048 posts, read 17,064,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LookinForMayberry View Post
My half-sister attended a Garth Brooks concert, and was happy to do so. She was practicing her freedom of choice that our country has stood for from its beginnings. She is not vaccinated; she wore a mask. She had a good time.

I am vaccinated, I wear a mask where the situation dictates, and understand the risks when I do not. I have socially distanced from the start. I disagree with the public sentiment that I am responsible for others' well-being. Risk management is the responsibility of each of us. I am not my brother's or sister's keeper. God gave each of us free will, and with each choice there are consequences.

What will happen? The natural order of things will happen. Some will be fine, others will not. Each of us face risks every day. If we have a history of taking risks, or not, eventually we will encounter a situation that will be our last.

In the end, none of us will get out of this world alive.
Amen!

And the 2 years liberals gave up to Big Government, head buried under the covers, are not coming back.

That was 2 years of Freedom you gave away. 2 years of events to enjoy.

I have a relative 74 now amongst such libs, who moved to Illinois to enjoy being with relatives, who willingly chose to miss out on most of their events the last 2 years, and now within a few years the 3 grandkids will be departing for colleges far away. The missed opportunities to be with them are not coming back.

Old 08-15-2021, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
The economy depends on Garth Brooks concerts?
It does. In all likelihood, several thousand people worked the event. In all likelihood, many millions for the local economy. Sales of food, drinks, concert tickets = millions in taxation.

Old 08-15-2021, 10:45 AM

41,957 posts, read 75,183,468 times
People still go to see Garth Brooks?

Old 08-15-2021, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiogirl81 View Post
people still go to see garth brooks?
90,000!

Old 08-15-2021, 10:52 AM

89,006 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
Huge concert at Memorial Stadium at the University of Nebraska tonight with 90,000 in attendance to see Garth Brooks perform. News reports show that most attendees were unmasked. Nebraska is about 50% vaccinated, but attendees also came from surrounding states.

I am not in favor of vaccine mandates. I don’t like masks. I don’t like shut downs. I think people should try to live their lives. I think COVID a has been overhyped for political gain.

AND I think this was irresponsible and stupid. COVID rates are rising everywhere. We are at a crossroads of forced vaccinations that some say are dangerous.

Why in the world not postpone the concert?

College football is weeks away...

Then what happens?
90,000? That's nothing, there were more than 400,000 people crammed in at Lollapalooza a few weeks ago in Chicago. Almost all maskless (watch the videos... Foo Fighters, for example).

Old 08-15-2021, 11:23 AM

5,581 posts, read 2,307,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
90,000? That's nothing, there were more than 400,000 people crammed in at Lollapalooza a few weeks ago in Chicago. Almost all maskless (watch the videos... Foo Fighters, for example).
Big difference. Lallapalooza attendees required vaccines or negative covid tests. 90% of attendees were vaccinated.

Garth Brooks concert didn't require vaccines or tests.

Good news: They were both outdoor concerts.

https://wgntv.com/news/coronavirus/l...sing-concerns/

Lollapalooza: More than 90% of attendees showed proof of vaccine

Old 08-15-2021, 11:30 AM

89,006 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Variable View Post
Big difference. Lallapalooza was outdoors and attendees required vaccines or negative covid tests. 90% of attendees were vaccinated.
The Garth Brooks concert was also outside. And, no, there was no consistent checking of the Lollapalooza attendees (you can't check more than 400,000 people for proof of vaccination or negative test results in any sort of timely manner), so your 90% figure is essentially meaningless.

The Garth Brooks concert venue in question

Old 08-15-2021, 11:32 AM

9,546 posts, read 7,070,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Remember the o.p. calling people stupid for attending concerts and gatherings during previous flu seasons? Yeah, me neither.
Because flu seasons don’t require proof of vaccination to go to a restaurant. They don’t shut down schools because of flu season except in exceptional circumstances. They certainly don’t switch to online schooling for flu season. Masks are not required for flu season. Experimental vaccines aren’t mandated for flu season.

Old 08-15-2021, 11:49 AM

8,726 posts, read 7,412,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
People still go to see Garth Brooks?
If they like his music, why would they not?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies