Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2021, 01:14 PM

78,420 posts, read 60,613,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
I'm scared -

Border: Our borders are open, the drugs are pouring in recording numbers, along with illegal immigration at highest rates ever.

Economy: The Biden administration is printing money like there is no tomorrow. Most will need a ~10-25% pay raise by end of year to make what they make last year. Looting has become almost legal for black neighborhoods.

Foreign Affairs: The weak administration has led to the fall of Kabul, transportation costs have raised 500% to import goods, fuel prices are surging, we can't get a pipeline for us but Russia can get one approved by Biden, Chinese aggression, Russian aggression, illegal aggression.
Why are your irrational fears anyone elses problem?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2021, 01:17 PM

15,862 posts, read 6,328,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fern435 View Post
Thank you for proving our point. When a liberal is confronted with an accurate and painful truth, the liberal response is to attempt to deflect any disagreement as 'conspiracy.' It's incredibly difficult for them to realize that they don't get to control the entire United States. Ilhan Omar and Nancy Pelosi: You are both frauds and traitors and you both embody corruption in the Democratic Party.

Example: Way back, when Rand Paul and others questioned the covid origin at the Wuhan / EcoHealth Alliance lab, liberals (with the vigorous help of the media) declared it a 'conspiracy theory.'
This is what you call a painful truth?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fern435 View Post
The painful truth for liberals: You have failed in your attempt to remove our freedoms. Everything that Nancy Pelosi and her toxic team have attempted has massively failed to destroy the U.S. Constitution and our individual freedoms and protections. The Democratic leaders should be tried for treason.

What about liberals and mainstream media sources -- bullying, belittling and screaming about individuals being 'selfish' idiots if they exercise their inherent right to choose not to get vaccines for the Fauci - Daszak virus? They condone bullying when it's their cause, violence when it's BLM or Critical Race Theory being shoved into our children's classes.

Liberal activists are hypocrites. They are traitors to the United States.
I start commenting on this thread within the first page. Show me the proof of what you are saying being true:
//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...ropaganda.html

Old 08-16-2021, 01:22 PM

6,804 posts, read 9,357,536 times
I feel safe in my home and my immediate neighborhood, but I do feel concerned for the future of our country.

Between our open borders (with the very likely possibility of bad actors being able to enter the country, undetected), and blasé attitudes toward crime, the willingness and desire on the part of some to demonize the police, and the “suits” in the military seemingly more preoccupied with “wokeness” and cultural issues than the various security threats our country faces, I feel concerned.

Old 08-16-2021, 01:27 PM

7,147 posts, read 4,742,203 times
Some frogs better start hopping out of the pot before the country is destroyed.

Old 08-16-2021, 01:34 PM

24,495 posts, read 17,239,538 times
As a middle aged white guy I would not feel safe going to most Democrat run cities where crime is rampant and white people are targets of the deranged and angry.

I also do not feel safe with the open border and the eagerness of the Biden admin to welcome in millions of "migrants" that do not care about contributing to America but have no qualms about taking from it.

I also don't feel safe with the covid threat and the mixed messages that we get from the so called authorities.

I also do not feel safe now that the Taliban are back and once the dust settles will no doubt start spreading their message of hate.

With Trump we could once again feel pride and Love for America but with Biden the message seems to be that we are not supposed to even like it.

It is sad and the future is uncertain and no doubt unsafe for good people.

Old 08-16-2021, 01:43 PM

78,420 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post
Some frogs better start hopping out of the pot before the country is destroyed.
It was around this time in 2017 that a bunch of Hillary supporters were starting threads here in bunches about Trump scaring them and how he was going to start nuclear wars and destroy the country.

Maybe as a means of togetherness you guys could all get together and make a quilt and share you coping techniques for this imminent destruction?

Old 08-16-2021, 01:51 PM

1,601 posts, read 867,677 times
I feel perfectly safe, but then again I live in a "normal" part of the south and the craziness has been blessedly absent.

That being said the US is currently a dumpster fire, and I've moved past worry and am quickly approaching something near schadenfreude. I live in a great place to weather these events, and I have the resources to survive an inflationary event. I would very much like every leftist and every white suburban woman who voted for this clown show to feel some pain for their choices.

But hey, no mean tweets...unless you count those coming from Taliban leadership.

Old 08-16-2021, 01:56 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
I'm scared -

Border: Our borders are open, the drugs are pouring in recording numbers, along with illegal immigration at highest rates ever.

Economy: The Biden administration is printing money like there is no tomorrow. Most will need a ~10-25% pay raise by end of year to make what they make last year. Looting has become almost legal for black neighborhoods.

Foreign Affairs: The weak administration has led to the fall of Kabul, transportation costs have raised 500% to import goods, fuel prices are surging, we can't get a pipeline for us but Russia can get one approved by Biden, Chinese aggression, Russian aggression, illegal aggression.
I don’t feel more or or less safe than I did in 2020, 2010, 2000, 1990….And I say this as someone who, like most who were present at the WTC, survived two terrorist attacks on the WTC.

The “ our borders are open “ thing is hyperbolic political nonsense. If borders were open, all border crossings would have been evacuated and just let it rip. Seems to me the primary difference is allowing people to apply for asylum from within the US. And that’s a huge failure.

Illegal immigration became a tidal wave in the early 80’s. It has not mattered who sat the oval or controlled the majority. US people have an insatiable need for cheap labor and hard drugs. No wall is high enough nor patrols deep enough to prevent it. Those who economically engage undocumented people incur no consequences.

The US has been debt free exactly one year- 1835. Every POTUS inherits debt, adds to it and kicks the can. EVERY state has their grubby paw out for a piece of the Infrastructure Pie. Tens of millions got their stimulus monies and decided to buy new patio sets creating a huge backlog. I have no recollection of the typical family of 4 not accepting their last tax free $5600 stimulus payment. I have not heard of any seniors who declined their stimulus because there was no risk of not being paid.

GLOBAL fuel prices substantially declined in 2020 for 2 reasons. Covid and a price war between Russia and Saudi Arabia which resulted in the Saudis increasing production despite a lack of GLOBAL demand. GLOBAL fuel prices began to increase once the Saudis and Russians resolved their spat and the Saudis reduced production to demand level. The keystone pipeline has no impact on the price at the pump.

There have been always been and forever will be GLOBAL aggressions.

The Trump Admin legitimized the Taliban when it negotiated withdrawing troops with the Taliban in first Quarter 2000. All but 6000 troops had been withdrawn by year end. That Admin and the media that favors them seem to have developed a serious case of collective amnesia. No matter what, things were going to get ugly in Afghanistan.

Old 08-16-2021, 01:59 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
It was around this time in 2017 that a bunch of Hillary supporters were starting threads here in bunches about Trump scaring them and how he was going to start nuclear wars and destroy the country.

Maybe as a means of togetherness you guys could all get together and make a quilt and share you coping techniques for this imminent destruction?

Outrage and blame throwing are the national sports in the US.

It’s always the “end of the world” for some folk.

Old 08-16-2021, 02:24 PM

1,665 posts, read 975,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
I feel quite safe in my small South Louisiana city.
Except when there's a hurricane in the Gulf.
(Although, I do avoid New Orleans and Baton Rouge.)
Hey, we're neighbors! Lol SWLA here!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies