Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2021, 08:01 PM

19,650 posts, read 9,198,230 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
My God you folks are obtuse. Would it work for you if I put the word "process" in there? Would it be all better? You guys know damn well what I'm talking about.

Tell me something, if this is such accepted technology/chemistry and has been around forever (in your implication), why is this vaccine considered and declared "experimental"? And why is it that EVERY developer has petitioned the government specifically to relieve them of any and all legal responsibility should things go south with this vaccine?

Is it because they stand behind their product? Tell me if you would buy a new car where there was a big red label on the windshield stating that the manufacturer accepts no responsibility if anything goes wrong with the car once you get behind the steering wheel? So if the motor fell out on the ground as you were driving out of the dealership, the dealer would give you the middle finger and laugh.

You decide who you want to trust. I'll decide who I want to trust. I have nothing to lose (with 99.84% probability). YOU do, because you volunteered for a medical experiment and there are NO long term statistics to examine. And you can call it anything you like, but the fact remains that the vaccine is experimental right now. If you are lucky, there will be no hiccups. Which is fine by me. Just leave me out of it and we are both cool.
Chris, I would give you a thousand reps for ALL your posts on this thread if I could! (I'm out of reps for now.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2021, 09:49 PM

2,847 posts, read 964,970 times
Claims that COVID-19 vaccines are “experimental”, have skipped animal testing and have not completed initial research trials are false.

 COVID-19 vaccines authorized for use in the U.S. and UK are not experimental and have all completed animal and clinical trials.  - Reuters

From the FDA: In public health emergencies, such as a pandemic, the development process may be atypical. For example, as demonstrated by the response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the U.S. government has coalesced government agencies, international counterparts, academia, nonprofit organizations and pharmaceutical companies to develop a coordinated strategy for prioritizing and speeding development of the most promising vaccines. In addition, the federal government has made investments in the necessary manufacturing capacity at its own risk, giving companies confidence that they can invest aggressively in development and allowing faster distribution of an eventual vaccine. However, efforts to speed vaccine development to address the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic have not sacrificed scientific standards, integrity of the vaccine review process, or safety.

If I expend any more energy on this fruitless, inane discussion, I'm going to need a shot of something, that's for sure.

Old 08-16-2021, 09:53 PM

18,794 posts, read 8,422,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snerk View Post
Claims that COVID-19 vaccines are “experimental”, have skipped animal testing and have not completed initial research trials are false.

 COVID-19 vaccines authorized for use in the U.S. and UK are not experimental and have all completed animal and clinical trials.  - Reuters

From the FDA: In public health emergencies, such as a pandemic, the development process may be atypical. For example, as demonstrated by the response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the U.S. government has coalesced government agencies, international counterparts, academia, nonprofit organizations and pharmaceutical companies to develop a coordinated strategy for prioritizing and speeding development of the most promising vaccines. In addition, the federal government has made investments in the necessary manufacturing capacity at its own risk, giving companies confidence that they can invest aggressively in development and allowing faster distribution of an eventual vaccine. However, efforts to speed vaccine development to address the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic have not sacrificed scientific standards, integrity of the vaccine review process, or safety.

If I expend any more energy on this fruitless, inane discussion, I'm going to need a shot of something, that's for sure.
Ditto! You said it well.
A swig of scotch might help me sleep better tonight. I finally got Moderna #2 this afternoon.

Old 08-16-2021, 10:03 PM

3,603 posts, read 1,642,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
Ditto! You said it well.
A swig of scotch might help me sleep better tonight. I finally got Moderna #2 this afternoon.

Congrats on Moderna #2...I had one day of mild side effects after that one...sore arm, tired, mild headache, and low grade fever (99.8)...was perfectly fine the next day. Of course my brother had no side effects at all.

Old 08-16-2021, 10:16 PM

2,847 posts, read 964,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
Ditto! You said it well.
Way to go!

My arm was pretty sore after the second dose and I felt a little blah for a day, but other than that, no DNA changes 'er nuttin'. Still the same turd I've always been, according to those who know me. My husband and I had our second doses back in April- Moderna for both of us.
Hope you get some rest. With or without the help of the scotch!

Old 08-16-2021, 10:29 PM

9,049 posts, read 3,506,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
My doctor is the primary doctor for a President in a South American country. I would trust him over anyone here in the USA! And definitely over you. So far, I'm doing fine while all the people who I know who are sick now were all vaccinated! Looks like my doctor knows what he is talking about.
Thats cool that you prefer anecdotes over massive data.

Old 08-16-2021, 10:33 PM

9,049 posts, read 3,506,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
And you can call it anything you like, but the fact remains that the vaccine is experimental right now.
Nope, that is incorrect and that misunderstanding appears to be the root cause of your errors on this topic.

Old 08-16-2021, 10:55 PM

3,603 posts, read 1,642,789 times
Quote:
Way to go!

My arm was pretty sore after the second dose and I felt a little blah for a day, but other than that, no DNA changes 'er nuttin'. Still the same turd I've always been, according to those who know me. My husband and I had our second doses back in April- Moderna for both of us.
Hope you get some rest. With or without the help of the scotch!

Second Moderna dose (first one available back then after many tries) for my brother and I back in April too. Had to drive 40 minutes away to the local super vaccination location at the convention center. Could now get your choice of any 5 minutes away at the local CVS.

Old 08-17-2021, 02:36 AM

1,165 posts, read 599,068 times
Quote:
What does your research consist of?

I personally trust medical professionals with the proper credentials.

Doctors who are known to be "wackos" are not what I would consider credible. And it's certainly not part of any actual reasonable, useful research. You're not doing yourself any favors by not taking advantage of the actual proven tools we have to fight this virus. A vaccine will help much more than any vitamin supplement.

Go read the FDA's website for actual information. They're giving straightforward information that will help answer any questions.

If you really want to research, find a 6th grade science textbook and study the virology chapters. That'll give the basics.
Much of my research is confirmed by what the doctors talked about in the 2 hour video or have you not listened to it yet?

It's sad when people are not open-minded to listen to what these doctors are talking about for fear that maybe, must maybe they made a mistake in getting vaxxed.

Their point is "to do no harm"... What if these vaccines are doing harm?

Old 08-17-2021, 02:49 AM

1,165 posts, read 599,068 times
More information from Dr. Richard Fleming:

https://truthnewsnet.org/meet-dr-richard-fleming/

Meet Dr. Richard Fleming
Posted on July 2, 2021 by Dan Newman

Friday on “TNN Live,” we welcomed Dr. Richard Fleming to our show. We were introduced to Dr. Fleming by our good friend Sterling Hill — also a medical expert — who shared time with us on Tuesday, June 30, 2021.

I won’t bore you here with details of Dr. Fleming’s career. I’ll just point you to the website

https://www.flemingmethod.com/

where you need to go to find out just how much of an “Expert” is Dr. Fleming. But let me say this: he has no “dog in the hunt.” He doesn’t monetize his information which exhaustively details years of his research into various aspects of diseases which includes all-things COVID-19. He doesn’t practice clinically so he has no storefront to point us to. What he DOES point us to are facts.

For approximately 40-minutes on Friday, July 2nd, Dr. Fleming share reams of information with us you need to hear! And you can hear that interview in its entirety by simply clicking on the file below. When you do so, avoid interruptions and listen closely to the truths he shares and the sources he points us to for further facts.

Dr. Richard Fleming:

https://truthnewsnet.org/wp-content/...1-11.29-AM.mp3
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies