Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which would be the lesser of the two evils for you?
Biden keeping the title as our President (at least in name) 31 53.45%
Biden resigning and making Kamala Harris officially president. 27 46.55%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2021, 10:08 AM

2,367 posts, read 909,441 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by swilliamsny View Post
For this reason, I voted for Biden to resign and Kamala to take over. Seems part of this country needs a lesson in NOT electing/picking someone only because of their gender and skin color. Bring it on!
I see what you mean. Sometimes a person needs to hit rock bottom before he wakes up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2021, 10:21 AM

1,069 posts, read 746,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
Bernie's not looking so bad now, is he?

Sanders is an angry old Trotskyite that few outside of his base of old hippies, granolas, college professors and young hipsters takes seriously. Even the current regime didn't offer that huckster a position on their Cabinet. Long time Vermont resident Russian author, historian, philosopher and political prisoner Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn must be rolling over in his grave with knowledge that Sanders is a U.S. Senator representing the Green Mountain State. As far as I'm concerned Comrade Sanders can drive his '62 Volga to his dacha in Vermont and stay there! I wouldn't hire Bernie Sanders to run a cat house!

Old 08-18-2021, 08:49 PM

2,540 posts, read 1,034,155 times
I voted for just have him resign and let's see how bad Kamala really is. At least she's "cognitively there". Biden's abilities do make decisions are about the level of a ventriloquist's puppet itself writing the monologues.

Old 08-18-2021, 09:04 PM

10,099 posts, read 7,767,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
Its like asking if I would rather stab my eyes out or cut off both my hands.

In all seriousness though, I would rather have Biden resign. It would be poetic justice after people made fun of Trump for being a one term President. Biden couldn't even finish a year. Then we can get a House majority in 2022 and Impeach Kamala and easily take back the White House in 2024. Kamala would fail against any Republican that runs in 2024.
Perfect m Let's do it.

Old 08-18-2021, 09:14 PM

417 posts, read 246,996 times
I voted to keep him, but both options are nauseating...... and I voted for him.

Old 08-18-2021, 09:26 PM

27,143 posts, read 15,318,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Lesser of two evils? Biden
Yes as Harris is still somewhat lucid and would present a greater danger.
She would screw up aware of what she was doing.

Old 08-18-2021, 10:48 PM

9,470 posts, read 10,805,387 times
I vote for the military to depose them both and put a qualified person in charge of an intern government. They achieved power through fraud anyway so the constitution is already out the window. At that point we get busy restoring our republic in a way that is true to the founding fathers.

Old 08-18-2021, 10:52 PM

17,581 posts, read 13,355,792 times
She is worse than he is

Keep him, get rid of him, it's all the same garbage.

Who knows who is pulling ether's strings!

Old 08-18-2021, 10:54 PM

17,623 posts, read 6,911,503 times
I’ll take Kamala over that drooling imbecile.

Old 08-19-2021, 02:30 PM

1,761 posts, read 1,714,046 times
Talk about being between a rock and a hard place....

I seem to recall some predicting before the election, that Biden, being a seemingly reasonable trojan horse candidate, was trotted out to collect enough votes to get elected...and a year or so into his presidency, he would resign due to some reason or another, and Kamala, who never would have won on her own merit, gets promoted...they one they really want.

Seemed a bit far fetched and tin foil hat material at the time....but seeing the main stream media actually reporting things adverse to Biden (how bad must it be for that to happen)...makes me wonder if that is indeed what we are watching. They couldn't have known about the specifics of Biden's future missteps, but now that he's got the Afghanistan debacle going, inflation rearing it's ugly head, begging OPEC to pump more oil (after tamping down domestic production by various means) to lower gas prices which have risen a buck a gallon since he's been in office, rising crime rates due to the defund the police movement...which he didn't explicitly support...but he didn't push to stop it earlier when cities with "mostly peaceful protests" were burning things either....you gotta wonder what is going on.

I mean the lastest....pleading with the Taliban (have we come to this??) to allow Americans and US Allies to get into the airport to escape...begs the question...is he competent, is anybody home? You'd sure think before we pull all the troops out, we'd remain in control long enough, and with enough troops, to evacuate everyone....and the troops would be last to leave...but, that sure isn't what happened. Saigon moment indeed.....

Inflation...I think you have to go back about 30 years to find a rate higher than it is now. I realize we're coming off a unprecedented pandemic...and that has to be taken into account, but they keep adding fuel to the blazing fire with unprecedented government spending...off the charts...which is absolutely going to add to inflation...and we can hold them to account for that. It's almost like this current crop of progressives knows it's time is limited....so grab all we can, ram all we can through, because we may not have a majority in 18 months. Kind of like robbing a jewelry store...in and out quick with only high dollar items in the bag.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies