Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2021, 07:05 AM

15,946 posts, read 12,290,309 times

Advertisements

Dr. Fauci admits the truth. The vast majority of the world already knew.

https://twitter.com/dragonragegamin/...00024472924162
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2021, 07:08 AM

585 posts, read 495,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Truth

Yep. Dealing with it right now. Symptoms started Saturday night, started HCQ/zinc on Monday morning and my fever was broken by Monday afternoon. Been getting better since. Hopefully I'll sleep through the night tonight and be basically back to normal
Hope your fever stays down. Don’t be alarmed if you have some bad days before you feel like yourself again. I had about 100 temp on and off for 12 days when I had it back in Nov. No cough or lung issues but the fever took all my energy. Any exertion made me feel like I had just done a major workout. Showering was even hard. And also what felt like a horrible head cold. My friend would tell me that it can get worse day 7 or day 8 etc so it worried me when I got winded. But it never progressed to anything that felt like it was attacking my lungs. My husband on the other hand only had a fever a few days but did have a cough and trouble breathing. Also loss of taste and smell which I didn’t really get more than I would if I had the common cold. He wouldn’t go to the ER though. He did some home remedies and was a little better each day.

Old 08-17-2021, 07:18 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,239,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
That's how news cycles work. One story replaces another.

Think Gary Condit and Chandra Levy being 24/7 on the news and then 9-11 happened. No more Gary Condit and Chandra Levy.

Obviously COVID is a bit different in that it will now share the headlines with Afghanistan for a good long while but as others have stated, COVID vaccinations stayed in the news with the 8 month booster shot news coming out.

But it will be nice to have Afghanistan fall out to argue over as well as COVID for the next several years. Maybe infrastructure can wiggle it's way in there. But if not we still have the old reliables of abortion, god, guns gays and my favorite...the marxist takeover.
I haven't been hearing much about transgenders hanging out in the women's restrooms lately. Maybe that will come back as covid withers.

Old 08-17-2021, 07:22 AM

17,308 posts, read 12,255,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
I haven't been hearing much about transgenders hanging out in the women's restrooms lately. Maybe that will come back as covid withers.
This has been a prominent story.
Hobby Lobby Loses 11 Year Fight To Block Trans Woman From Bathroom

Old 08-17-2021, 07:34 AM

13,388 posts, read 6,442,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
So take your precautions. Do you need PSAs and constant COVID19 news coverage to help you wear your useless cloth mask?
Nope. But, this week I wanted info about third shots and monoclonal antibody treatments. Since that is much of the current news about Covid, I was able to get the big picture info from a few minutes of national news and the more specific local info from a few minutes of local news.

Saved me a lot of time wading through internet articles.

Old 08-17-2021, 07:37 AM

39,232 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Truth

Yep. Dealing with it right now. Symptoms started Saturday night, started HCQ/zinc on Monday morning and my fever was broken by Monday afternoon. Been getting better since. Hopefully I'll sleep through the night tonight and be basically back to normal tomorrow.

It sure would. It'd be better if people were smart enough to see how they're being manipulated, though. That would solve the problem permanently, instead of relying on the media to not abuse us again.
My brother got covid last year and he had no symptoms. Most people do recover and so will you I am sure. Wish you a speedy recovery

As for me, covid has turned me to a paranoid person. Honestly, having two uncles who are doctors is not helping. They never gave me reassurance that everything would be fine. But then again, ever since I was a kid, they taught me how to wash hands properly, I am the if symptoms won't improve after 48 hours, get them checked out type of girl, but I have never learned stress makes everything worse. Lol. Sometimes, it is hard to find that balance.

I dont think medical professionals is part of the plan of greater government control as some folks suggested, I still trust them. I dont like to talk to my uncles about disease and illnesses, they are way too matter of fact. So when I am around them, I talk about motorcycle and fly fishing instead. Lol

Take care

Last edited by lilyflower3191981; 08-17-2021 at 07:46 AM..

Old 08-17-2021, 07:38 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,115,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
People taking precautions does not equal fear.
Actually, it does. That's literally the only reason you would "take precautions." If there's nothing to fear, you don't need to take any precautions.

Old 08-17-2021, 07:53 AM

39,232 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Nope. But, this week I wanted info about third shots and monoclonal antibody treatments. Since that is much of the current news about Covid, I was able to get the big picture info from a few minutes of national news and the more specific local info from a few minutes of local news.

Saved me a lot of time wading through internet articles.
I won't get the booster shot. After two doses, I am done. I read articles that a covid medication is waiting for approval. It's very effective for the Delta infection. Many countries started using it already.

Most of us fully vaccinated folks and recovered folks would be fine anyway, I am sure in 6 month to a year, they will come up with good medication. So I am not so worried.

What really bothers me is that in some area, hospitals are overwhelmed again.

Old 08-17-2021, 08:01 AM

25,758 posts, read 18,818,821 times
Expect a diversion from the trove of Biden Disasters going on simultaneously right now. Some astute leftist media propogandist will pose the question, "Boxers, Briefs, or Depends?"

Old 08-17-2021, 08:03 AM

22,339 posts, read 29,439,446 times
What are you talking about? Their currently both equal
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies