Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2021, 02:56 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,233,267 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Not everyone wants to be a thug. Some people like to do things legally...I know , that is shocking isn't it ?

How hard is it to drive 30 mins down to Indiana to buy guns? Which is perfectly legal to do for a Illinois resident.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2021, 02:57 PM

30,166 posts, read 11,795,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
You really think people in Chicago has a hard time buying guns??!!

There are restrictions on purchasing guns in Chicago. But its not if you can buy but if you can carry one around. You cannot open carry and you need a CCP to have a handgun on you. And that is a complicated process. And if you are a tourist in Chicago you cannot legally have a gun on you. Chicago does not accept other locations CCP's.

So. If you are a gang banger targeting people in downtown Chicago you are very unlikely to get any resistance from people walking around there. And if you are a Chicago resident who owns a legal handgun and read the news and think I better bring my handgun with my for my personal safety you can't just do that. It takes months to get a legal permit assuming they say yes.

Old 08-17-2021, 03:01 PM

Quote:
How hard is it to drive 30 mins down to Indiana to buy guns? Which is perfectly legal to do for a Illinois resident.

You cannot just carry it around in Chicago.

Old 08-17-2021, 03:33 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,233,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
There are restrictions on purchasing guns in Chicago. But its not if you can buy but if you can carry one around. You cannot open carry and you need a CCP to have a handgun on you. And that is a complicated process. And if you are a tourist in Chicago you cannot legally have a gun on you. Chicago does not accept other locations CCP's.

So. If you are a gang banger targeting people in downtown Chicago you are very unlikely to get any resistance from people walking around there. And if you are a Chicago resident who owns a legal handgun and read the news and think I better bring my handgun with my for my personal safety you can't just do that. It takes months to get a legal permit assuming they say yes.

You have to take a class before you apply for a concealed carry license in IL, which is pretty standard when it comes to CCP - several other states (including red states) have similar procedure. My friends in IL have them, I don't recall it's a difficult process or the gov giving them a hard time. Are you saying it's a problem? How? Having people take a class before they get the CCP seems like a good thing to do.

Old 08-17-2021, 04:19 PM

29,486 posts, read 14,650,004 times
Quote:

Again, who wants to be a thug ? Some people like to do things legally. What you suggest is not, we have firearms laws specifically for people like you. Sadly they aren't enforced, or are plea bargained away.

Old 08-17-2021, 04:51 PM

18,562 posts, read 7,372,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingsToValhalla View Post
They beat one woman into critical condition while robbing her.
Obama's sons up to no good, as usual!

Thank God I live in a nice neighborhood without any feral savages to contend with.
Don't worry; the government is re-doubling its efforts to change that.

Old 08-17-2021, 05:30 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 28 days ago)

27,647 posts, read 16,133,597 times
"groups of teens"
Can we be frank? We have a black problem. Systemic avoidence. Some "children" belong in cages.

Old 08-17-2021, 05:53 PM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
You have to take a class before you apply for a concealed carry license in IL, which is pretty standard when it comes to CCP - several other states (including red states) have similar procedure. My friends in IL have them, I don't recall it's a difficult process or the gov giving them a hard time. Are you saying it's a problem? How? Having people take a class before they get the CCP seems like a good thing to do.

Yep, and the license itself costs $150 and has to be renewed every few years, $150 each time. That eliminates the low-income which are disproportionately minorities, so the requirement for the license is, in fact, racist.

Old 08-17-2021, 05:57 PM

10,755 posts, read 5,672,124 times
Quote:

Only long guns, not handguns.

Old 08-17-2021, 06:49 PM

Quote:

16 hours of training. About $500 and up to 4 months. In Oklahoma you can open carry or conceal carry with very few restrictions. Not sure about all other states but I am here so I really don't care. So needless to say you won't get many bands of criminals attacking unsuspecting citizens here like in Chicago unless they have a death wish.

Chicago Guns Matter - Concealed Carry License Q & A

Q: How many hours of training are required to obtain a Concealed Carry License? A: Sixteen hours of training, including a session at a gun range, are required. Credit may be given for prior training as specified in the Prior Training Credit document.

Q: How much does it cost to obtain a Concealed Carry License?
A: The total cost would include training, State fee, and, optionally, fingerprints.
The cost of the training can vary greatly, possibly up to $300 or so.
In addition, the State of Illinois charges $150 for the CCL for Illinois residents
($300 for out of state residents).
Obtaining fingerprints is an additional cost of possibly up to $60.

Q: How long does it take to obtain a Concealed Carry License after my application has been submitted?
A: The State is given up to 90 days to issue, or deny, the CCL. An additional 30 days is allowed if electronic fingerprints are not submitted with the application.

Oklahoma:

Who May Carry Guns in Oklahoma

Without a license, you may openly carry handguns, rifles, and shotguns in Oklahoma for legitimate purposes—including self-protection on your own property, hunting, and target shooting. You also don't need a license to carry a concealed handgun most places in the state, as long as you have a legitimate reason and aren't violating other weapons laws in Oklahoma.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies