Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2021, 01:12 PM

48,525 posts, read 34,843,322 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
I see it's really hard for you and others to fully hold Biden accountable the way you would if he had an (R) next to his name.

Let me ask you this.

1) Don't you think it is unwise to allow over one million UNVACCINATED illegal aliens into our country from the southern border during the middle of a now expanding Covid pandemic?

If not, why do you chose not to hold Biden accountable for this outcome?

2) Don't you think bringing over hundreds of thousands of UNVACCINATED Afghans as a result of Biden's failed Afghan policy also increases the risk of Covid spread in America?

3) Considering the science data has shown blacks are the least likely to get vaccinated due to what the government did to them many decades ago, latinos are the second least likely to get vaccinated and young people are the third least likely to get vaccinated, wasn't it basically criminal for Biden/Harris to put so much doubt in their minds for political gain? Those 3 groups are not majority Republican voters.

4) Considering the science data has shown blacks, latinos are young people making up the groups most likely to not want to get vaccinated, why do you focus only on the 4th group, the "muh rights" group?

Seems you are twisting backwards to make this political against anyone who is a Republican and deflecting any and all blame away from anyone who is a Democrat. Why so?

1. First of all, migrants are most likely to have the lambda variant, and the variant that is causing our outbreak is delta. I do think they need to stop the illegal immigration though. For those coming through official areas, they are receiving vaccinations.

2. Not sure why you think the Afghans are unvaccinated? They have a much smaller outbreak, WAY smaller than the US. They are probably scared of coming HERE and catching it. I'm sure we would vaccinated them to come over here.

3. Blacks and hispanics are less likely to get vaccinated. But it is not a huge difference. In some states, Blacks are vaccinated at a higher rate than whites.

But I do not understand how ANY of that can be put on Biden, except the immigration. Please note the borders of Mexico and CA, AZ and NM. They are NOT having huge surges, and that's a porous border area, with a huge amount of immigrants crossing there. If our cases were caused by immigrants, you would see the southern areas of those states looking like...... FL.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2021, 01:18 PM

5,632 posts, read 1,768,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
1. First of all, migrants are most likely to have the lambda variant, and the variant that is causing our outbreak is delta. I do think they need to stop the illegal immigration though. For those coming through official areas, they are receiving vaccinations.

2. Not sure why you think the Afghans are unvaccinated? They have a much smaller outbreak, WAY smaller than the US. They are probably scared of coming HERE and catching it. I'm sure we would vaccinated them to come over here.

3. Blacks and hispanics are less likely to get vaccinated. But it is not a huge difference. In some states, Blacks are vaccinated at a higher rate than whites.

But I do not understand how ANY of that can be put on Biden, except the immigration. Please note the borders of Mexico and CA, AZ and NM. They are NOT having huge surges, and that's a porous border area, with a huge amount of immigrants crossing there. If our cases were caused by immigrants, you would see the southern areas of those states looking like...... FL.
Understood. You are a die hard Democrat and simply refuse to acknowledge any area a Democrats fails on, but are more than willing to jump right out in front if it's an opportunity to hold a Republican accountable.

That's the very definition of making things political, but at least you own it.

I, on the other hand, don't belong to any political party so I have no problem holding both sides accountable. I prefer to use my brain and common sense to make decisions, rather than letting some political party tell me what's what.

Carry on.

Old 08-20-2021, 01:26 PM

48,525 posts, read 34,843,322 times
Quote:
Understood. You are a die hard Democrat and simply refuse to acknowledge any area a Democrats fails on, but are more than willing to jump right out in front if it's an opportunity to hold a Republican accountable.

That's the very definition of making things political, but at least you own it.

I, on the other hand, don't belong to any political party so I have no problem holding both sides accountable. I prefer to use my brain and common sense to make decisions, rather than letting some political party tell me what's what.

Carry on.

Pffft. I've said (on this very thread) the administration has made mistakes IMO. And yet you call me a die hard who will attribute no mistakes to a dem.

I'm out of this thread.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 08-21-2021, 01:13 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,894,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Pffft. I've said (on this very thread) the administration has made mistakes IMO. And yet you call me a die hard who will attribute no mistakes to a dem.

I'm out of this thread.
It happens a lot with conservatives on this forum. They cannot get that ideals are not monoliths and that we can disagree with certain actions or policies. That or they laugh at you being independent like me. I am independent since the Democratic Party in AZ is not organized for honest primaries and I can potentially vote for McCain Republicans rather than Trump supporters and TEA Party Republicans. The only benefit is for picking a party in AZ is voting in one of the later primaries and most times the nominee is a formality.

Old 08-21-2021, 01:15 PM

5,067 posts, read 1,666,126 times
Anyone that blamed deaths on Trump in 2020 has to blame 2021 deaths on Biden to avoid hypocrisy. Biden has more blood on his hands.

Old 08-21-2021, 01:17 PM

6,476 posts, read 6,448,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
It happens a lot with conservatives on this forum. They cannot get that ideals are not monoliths and that we can disagree with certain actions or policies. That or they laugh at you being independent like me.
Truth. The amount of times I've been called "leftie", "leftist", all sorts of names, just because I disagree with a conservative viewpoint is telling. Even conservatives can disagree with other conservatives, but this forum cant grasp that. Not everyone is a monolithic thinker, but that cant be grasped either.

Old 08-21-2021, 02:50 PM

5,632 posts, read 1,768,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsyguam View Post
Anyone that blamed deaths on Trump in 2020 has to blame 2021 deaths on Biden to avoid hypocrisy. Biden has more blood on his hands.
Exactly, especially as Biden is well on track to have many more Covid deaths happen on his watch.

I remember listening to Democrats spend a year claiming all deaths in the entire world were on Trump.

Democrats/Liberals all think in group think. They have zero ability to think logically or independently. Their brains are not wired to think independently.

Old 08-21-2021, 03:44 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,894,142 times
Quote:
Exactly, especially as Biden is well on track to have many more Covid deaths happen on his watch.

I remember listening to Democrats spend a year claiming all deaths in the entire world were on Trump.

Democrats/Liberals all think in group think. They have zero ability to think logically or independently. Their brains are not wired to think independently.
I already said that they aren't, neither are conservatives though if I have to pick a side who is monolithic. Why must we think sides are monoliths?

Old 08-21-2021, 05:18 PM

41,957 posts, read 75,183,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandrew5 View Post
Truth. The amount of times I've been called "leftie", "leftist", all sorts of names, just because I disagree with a conservative viewpoint is telling. Even conservatives can disagree with other conservatives, but this forum cant grasp that. Not everyone is a monolithic thinker, but that cant be grasped either.
Or that a person can be liberal about some things, conservative about others, and down the middle about still other things.

Quote:
Jandrew5, this post illustrates your point perfectly. This post shows no comprehension of anything beyond black and white; everything is an absolute.

Astounding, isn't it?

Old 08-21-2021, 05:31 PM

57,271 posts, read 26,199,434 times
The red states are mostly responsible for the surge. What do they have in common, they legislate against restrictions of any kind whether it be masks or vaccine requirements.

Claiming that the CDC reversed course on mask removal isn't the reason for this surge, it's the unvaccinated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies