Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2021, 05:23 PM

15,531 posts, read 10,501,555 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Wonder what prompted him to get tested.

Abbot was fully vaccinated and likely will recover quickly. No telling how long he has been shedding the virus and potentially infecting others, especially the unvaccinated.
He gets tested everyday.

Old 08-17-2021, 05:24 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04kL4nD View Post
Apparently he's receiving monoclonal antibody treatment. Must be pretty serious, given that it's an experimental therapy not approved by the FDA. Also, I'm pretty sure that monoclonal antibody treatments have something to due with stem cells/fetal tissue research, which is also a little ironic.
It makes zero sense that someone with no symptoms would be receiving this kind of IV treatment, unless at high risk for complications. Then again, he’s Governor.

Old 08-17-2021, 05:26 PM

15,531 posts, read 10,501,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04kL4nD View Post
Oh, so then they should just give those to EVERYONE. Even the poor/uninsured.
They do, many free places, check with your city.

Old 08-17-2021, 05:26 PM

6,416 posts, read 8,278,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Yes. I lost two brothers, a nephew, and some other extended family members early on. The virus was very hard on my family. Fortunately they now have better ways of treating it, including the monoclonal antibodies. The high number of deaths in our family is but one of the reasons they were eligible for the monoclonal antibodies. You have no idea how relieved we were after the first one got it and walked out of the hospital in under a week.
I'm sorry for your losses and I'm happy that you've had some wins. I count still being alive a 'win'.

I had COVID in 2019 before we knew what it was and it nearly killed me. I have some long covid symptoms and impaired kidney/auto immune issues as a result.

My super fit/active/healthy 50 year old cousin was on a ventilator for 3 weeks and is always out of breath these days.

It killed my spouse's grandmother and his mother has a host of long COVID symptom as well.

I've long lost count of the students who've told me they've either lost a parent/sibling/relative, or they had to withdraw for health reasons.

I'm double vaxxed and encourage everyone to do so, but I won't waste time arguing with anyone who claims the vaccines don't work or are worse than COVID. I simply trust the scientists and experts and follow their advice and do the best to protect myself with distancing/hygiene/masks. And I wish everyone would do the same, but I'm tired of the politics.

I may disagree with nearly everything Abbott says/does, but no, I don't wish COVID on him, even if he's privileged enough that he'll likely suffer little.

Old 08-17-2021, 05:27 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,805,591 times
I don't know why people call masks diapers. It's so juvenile. Once I see that term in a post, I just keep scrolling as there is nothing intelligent to add.

Old 08-17-2021, 05:27 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,159,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post

Abbot was fully vaccinated and likely will recover quickly. No telling how long he has been shedding the virus and potentially infecting others, especially the unvaccinated.
Didn’t read the article, did you?

Quote:
The Republican governor is experiencing no symptoms and "has been testing daily, and today was the first positive test result," his office said.
So....
He got test daily, just like my governor and many others. They still have to have public contact with lots of different people.
No telling how long he has been shedding the virus and potentially infecting others, especially the unvaccinated.
Since he was tested daily and this was the first time he tested positive, at most 24 hours. He was fully vaccinated, and we’ve been told therefore he’s less likely to spread it. He was asymptotic, and we’ve been told therefore he’s less likely to spread it.

Old 08-17-2021, 05:28 PM

5,581 posts, read 2,308,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
He was vaccinated December 22nd.
Pfizer or Moderna?

Old 08-17-2021, 05:29 PM

21,475 posts, read 10,575,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
The real issue is why is he being treated if he has no symptoms? How many Texans who have symptoms are getting antibody treatment?
Because it only works if you do it early like most antivirals.

Old 08-17-2021, 05:30 PM

21,475 posts, read 10,575,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galvatron99 View Post
I could care less..it's also not a Christian thing to put children in unprotected situations, but he did it anyway
Weren’t you just telling me in another thread that the floodgates at the border was fine and I need to check my privilege, whatever that means?

Old 08-17-2021, 05:31 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,932,122 times
I send thoughts and prayers and other useless crap his way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies