Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2021, 10:00 AM

17,642 posts, read 6,914,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
A quietly brutal speech, worth every minute of your time. Tom Tugendhat is a veteran of the British military who was stationed in Helmand province and is among the many, many people to take issue with Biden’s self-serving claim this week that Americans shouldn’t be asked to fight for people who won’t fight for themselves. They did fight, Tugendhat reminds him. In fact, they took 500 times more KIAs in the past six years than we did. The idea that Afghan troops failed because they lacked the guts rather than the logistical support to carry on is a useful deception for the White House in convincing Americans with misgivings that withdrawal wasn’t just strategically correct but morally correct.
Link: https://hotair.com/allahpundit/2021/...t-with-n409751

Biden has destroyed America's credibility with everyone in the world in just 7 short months. All while on vacation.

The speech is good but hard to watch. Strongest statement from this MP to Biden: "To see their CINC call into question the men I fought with, is shameful. Those who have never fought for the colors they fly should be careful about criticizing those who have."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2021, 10:18 AM

3,041 posts, read 7,937,491 times
Biden is and has been feeding and has gotten rich feeding at the government trough with no accomplishments,not much good can be said for Harris

Old 08-18-2021, 10:44 AM

6,229 posts, read 3,411,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Biden has destroyed America's credibility with everyone in the world in just 7 short months. All while on vacation.

The speech is good but hard to watch. Strongest statement from this MP to Biden: "To see their CINC call into question the men I fought with, is shameful. Those who have never fought for the colors they fly should be careful about criticizing those who have."
Oh please give it a rest.....just like in Vietnam, Iraq and now Afghanistan those militaries collapsed like a cheap suit. Trillion of wasted dollars and poof they are gone like a trailer house during a tornado.

I am waiting for the day the US wises up that nation building doesn't work.

Old 08-18-2021, 10:48 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times
I was amazed that he openly spoke about the Afghan soldiers as he did. Usually that stuff stays behind closed doors.

They were on our side. He bragged about them and promoted them a month ago.

Even the intelligence told Biden not to do this. Who is calling the shots? My guess is China.

Old 08-18-2021, 11:07 AM

17,642 posts, read 6,914,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I was amazed that he openly spoke about the Afghan soldiers as he did. Usually that stuff stays behind closed doors.

Even the intelligence told Biden not to do this. Who is calling the shots? My guess is China.
If we had an actual media, we would know who is calling the shots for this train wreck of an administration. It’s not Joe Biden.

Old 08-18-2021, 11:09 AM

26,500 posts, read 15,084,039 times
Biden is horrible.

Old 08-18-2021, 11:19 AM

15,848 posts, read 6,547,612 times
Yes they fought for years when bolstered by American firepower. It was reported that some of them did fight fiercely this time; perhaps just not enough. It may have been a morale collapse. I wonder if they were reinforced by Iranian forces, who would love nothing better than strike at US interests?

Old 08-18-2021, 11:31 AM

4,865 posts, read 2,674,972 times
they fought for whoever paid them..they will now fight for the Taliban..there is no loyalty or allegiance to any one certain thing..why would they stay when their President has already fled from the country?..

Old 08-18-2021, 11:44 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,163,816 times
This was the part of Biden’s speech that flabbergasted me the most. It wasn’t enough that we left them to be tortured and murdered, but we had to insult them right after we did it?

Why should any country trust us in the future?

Old 08-18-2021, 11:50 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post

I've been wondering if he bungled this whole thing FOR China. We already know he's in bed with them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies