Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2021, 01:09 PM

24,202 posts, read 19,202,259 times

Advertisements

Trump is not in office. Therefore, he cannot "remain" in office. He could run to try to get reelected in 2024, but I am very skeptical that will happen. There is no other mechanism by which he would be put back into office unless he and his supporters literally try to stage a coup, and I am pretty sure that the country that voted him out by a pretty significant margin would not put up with that kind of unlawful attempt to seize power.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2021, 01:48 PM

10,750 posts, read 4,342,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Trump is not in office. Therefore, he cannot "remain" in office. He could run to try to get reelected in 2024, but I am very skeptical that will happen. There is no other mechanism by which he would be put back into office unless he and his supporters literally try to stage a coup, and I am pretty sure that the country that voted him out by a pretty significant margin would not put up with that kind of unlawful attempt to seize power.
The statement is hypothetical- Americans are only safe if President Trump remains in office.
Because were talking about what would have happened to the Taliban if President Trump was reelected.

As for 2024, we know Harris has no chance of winning the rust belt.
And nobody will believe Biden can last another 4 years.
And they are the 2 smartest Democrats in America.
So they will lose to President Trump in 2024.

Its very easy for President Trump to regain power, because Biden's victories were so slim.
While President Trump locked up a couple of essential states.
President Trump won Florida (3.3) and Ohio (8.0).
Biden won Arizona (0.3), Georgia (0.2), Pennsylvania (1.2), Wisconsin (0.7).

Old 08-18-2021, 01:53 PM

18,547 posts, read 15,581,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
The Taliban is not scared of President Biden. They were scared of President Trump, and he needed to remain in office for this to work.

"If you threatened an American, if you scared an American, and certainly if you hurt an American, we would bring all American power to bear to make sure that we went to your village, to your house," Pompeo recalled Baradar being told.
https://www.foxnews.com/media/pompeo...f-consequences

National security adviser Jake Sullivan noted the administration is "in contact with the Taliban to ensure the safe passage of people to the airport."
President Biden was asked just six weeks ago if he trusted the Taliban, to which he replied: "No, I do not trust the Taliban."
Thousands of American civilians remain in Afghanistan awaiting evacuation.

Sen. Tom Cotton, R-Ark., told Fox News in an interview on Monday that between "400 and 500 people" contacted his office in a period of between 12 and 18 hours "pleading for assistance," after opening his phone lines up to all Americans stranded "behind Taliban lines."
So, to prevent the Afghan government from being overthrown, you want to reinstate someone that encouraged people to overthrow the US government? That is not going to help with our national security, now is it?

Old 08-18-2021, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncole1 View Post
So, to prevent the Afghan government from being overthrown, you want to reinstate someone that encouraged people to overthrow the US government? That is not going to help with our national security, now is it?
I never said reinstate, I'm talking hypothetically what would have happened if President Trump was reelected.
He spelled it out for you last night-
"I told him (Baradar) upfront, I said look before we start let me just tell you right now.....That if anything bad happens to Americans or anybody else or if you ever come over to our land, we will hit you with a force that no country has ever been hit with before.....A force so great that you won't even believe it.....And your village, and we know where it is and I named it, will be the first one.....The first bombs will be dropped right there." --Trump on Hannity, August 17, 2021

Baradar and the Taliban would have become just another statistic....
President Trump ordered the killing of Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, the then-leader and self-proclaimed "caliph" of the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) terror organization.
Iran attacked an Israeli ship and President Trump dropped a bomb on Qasem Soleimani, the top Iranian General.

Old 08-18-2021, 02:10 PM

5,210 posts, read 4,669,806 times
Quote:
I never said reinstate, I'm talking hypothetically what would have happened if President Trump was reelected.
He spelled it out for you last night-
"I told him (Baradar) upfront, I said look before we start let me just tell you right now.....That if anything bad happens to Americans or anybody else or if you ever come over to our land, we will hit you with a force that no country has ever been hit with before.....A force so great that you won't even believe it.....And your village, and we know where it is and I named it, will be the first one.....The first bombs will be dropped right there." --Trump on Hannity, August 17, 2021

Baradar and the Taliban would have become just another statistic....
President Trump ordered the killing of Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, the then-leader and self-proclaimed "caliph" of the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) terror organization.
Iran attacked an Israeli ship and President Trump dropped a bomb on Qasem Soleimani, the top Iranian General.
Why didn't Trump just win in Afghanistan outright the 4 years he was in office?

Old 08-18-2021, 02:10 PM

So either the Taliban would all be dead, or they'd be too scared to even try a takeover.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adhom View Post
Why didn't Trump just win in Afghanistan outright the 4 years he was in office?
He did win, but Biden let the Taliban takeover again.

Old 08-18-2021, 03:10 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,357,274 times
Quote:
So either the Taliban would all be dead, or they'd be too scared to even try a takeover.

He did win, but Biden let the Taliban takeover again.
Now you're getting desperate.
Trump didn't win in Afghanistan. That's obvious.

Old 08-19-2021, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Now you're getting desperate.
Trump didn't win in Afghanistan. That's obvious.
Well the Taliban definitely didn't win, until Biden arrived to make it possible.
The Taliban was never going to touch the US Embassy while Trump was POTUS.

Old 08-19-2021, 08:42 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,376,689 times
How can someone who left office 8 mos ago "remain in office", exactly?

Old 08-19-2021, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
How can someone who left office 8 mos ago "remain in office", exactly?
This is a hypothetical scenario - what happens to the Taliban if President Trump remains in office beyond January 2021.
The answer is, they die or stay away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies