Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2021, 10:50 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,429,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Two doctors in Boston have called for the allocation of medical resources to be done on the basis of race. Writing in the the Boston Review, they call for the implementation of standards that would show racial preference to patients. This would be in addition to federal reparations.
Dr. Bram Wispelwey, and Dr. Michelle Morse, both of whom teach at Harvard Medical School, wrote that their mission was to "comprehensively confront structural racism." To go about this, they plan to enlist the tools of critical race theory (CRT). They slam what they call "colorblind policies," or the concept of equality for individuals of all races and ethnicities under the law, saying that it is not achieving their desired ends with enough speed.

https://thepostmillennial.com/doctor...social-justice

Did you really believe it wouldn't reach the medical fields?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2021, 10:51 PM

9,229 posts, read 9,758,341 times
Patients are individuals, not representatives of races.

Old 08-17-2021, 10:53 PM

362 posts, read 140,371 times
Didn't they take an oath? They should have their medical licenses suspended.

Old 08-17-2021, 11:28 PM

9,229 posts, read 9,758,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Italwayssmolders View Post
Based on how a few doctor’s appointments have gone over the last few years, I only go to White doctors now as a White person. Just say it like it is. If you’re not actively anti “woke” you either actively or passively anti White. Based on the odds game, if you go see a minority or younger doctor as a White person, you’re likely seeing someone who on some level thinks you’re evil or less worthy.
My family doctor is white with an Asian wife. Must be a safe bet lol

Old 08-17-2021, 11:36 PM

11,019 posts, read 5,987,049 times
Quote:
Two doctors in Boston have called for the allocation of medical resources to be done on the basis of race. Writing in the the Boston Review, they call for the implementation of standards that would show racial preference to patients. This would be in addition to federal reparations.
Dr. Bram Wispelwey, and Dr. Michelle Morse, both of whom teach at Harvard Medical School, wrote that their mission was to "comprehensively confront structural racism." To go about this, they plan to enlist the tools of critical race theory (CRT). They slam what they call "colorblind policies," or the concept of equality for individuals of all races and ethnicities under the law, saying that it is not achieving their desired ends with enough speed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post

I would take this very seriously indeed. These two people are not only doctors, but they teach!

Not only that but they vote! No prizes for guessing who they vote for?

But anyway, I thought racism had been outlawed? Why are a pair of racist being allowed to preach racism? Am I missing something?

Pair? Are they a couple?

Old 08-18-2021, 08:10 AM

6,385 posts, read 2,710,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post

As soon as I read this in the article it all made sense.

Quote:
Dr. Bram Wispelwey, and Dr. Michelle Morse, both of whom teach at Harvard Medical School
As another poster suggested that they should have their licenses suspended, this paper instead will probably get them promoted.

Old 08-18-2021, 08:50 AM

41,957 posts, read 75,192,887 times
Old news. Two doctors with a theory that's likely to go nowhere. Nothing to see here.

Old 08-18-2021, 09:25 AM

5,741 posts, read 4,699,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Old news. Two doctors with a theory that's likely to go nowhere. Nothing to see here.
Normally would agree with you, but the fact that they are professors at Harvard is frightening.

Indoctrination programs at our highest learning institutions is a cancer.

Old 08-18-2021, 09:28 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,555,075 times
dupe

https://www.city-data.com/forum/poli...tial-care.html

Old 08-18-2021, 09:28 AM

16,556 posts, read 10,630,149 times
The Babylon Bee did a satire article not long ago that sounded very much like this. Even when I read it, I thought to myself that it was only a matter of time before it became real. And here we are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies