Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2021, 09:41 AM

362 posts, read 140,604 times

Advertisements

You would think the generation that grew up with chicken pox would understand natural immunity and that certain diseases impact children differently from adults.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2021, 09:47 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,731,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetGlideSpecial View Post
You would think the generation that grew up with chicken pox would understand natural immunity and that certain diseases impact children differently from adults.
You mean the generation that actually had chicken pox and is most at risk for shingles now?

Yeah, we know all about so-called natural immunity.

Old 08-19-2021, 09:50 AM

362 posts, read 140,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
You mean the generation that actually had chicken pox and is most at risk for shingles now?

Yeah, we know all about so-called natural immunity.
At risk for everything apparently. Care to fear monger more?

Old 08-19-2021, 04:32 PM

35,755 posts, read 21,113,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJfromVA View Post
I just read an article that stated that one parent in Texas ripped the mask off of a teacher.
Terrible bully. Wonder what he taught his kid today.

Old 08-19-2021, 04:37 PM

35,755 posts, read 21,113,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetGlideSpecial View Post
Yes but this is an animal bug and we are not designed to combat this. Now there is a “ viral load” so I gather, if only one dot gets in your nose - you can handle it- but if the snot is thick in the air with a trillion dots and all that goes up your nose, you are in deep trouble. Also if have other ailments. You have a weakness. One lady got covid had no idea had a brain tumor- she survived both. But she did not know. Do you know everything about your body ?
I have come to the conclusion that everybody has something in them to make sure they leave this earth if not by other means. We must expire. So you are not 100% perfect.

Old 08-19-2021, 05:00 PM

4,680 posts, read 4,999,555 times
A thinking person has to wonder why interventions are only said to work if every single person is forced to participate (and, by extension, why authorities throw a tantrum when they're told they can't make everyone participate). If they worked as claimed, and if they were as popular as claimed, I would think a large percentage of people would voluntarily do it, and there would be a pretty significant benefit. But this option is dismissed out of hand a lot of the time, which confirms the prior beliefs that I and a lot of others have, that this is about control and not health.

Old 08-20-2021, 06:11 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,731,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecavsbrowns View Post
A thinking person has to wonder why interventions are only said to work if every single person is forced to participate (and, by extension, why authorities throw a tantrum when they're told they can't make everyone participate). If they worked as claimed, and if they were as popular as claimed, I would think a large percentage of people would voluntarily do it, and there would be a pretty significant benefit. But this option is dismissed out of hand a lot of the time, which confirms the prior beliefs that I and a lot of others have, that this is about control and not health.
A thinking person has to wonder why decades of vaccines given to virtually the entire population with the result that things like small pox and polio have been pretty well eliminated in said population isn’t the go-to example when considering the current situation.
It’s as if people simply forgot that it’s all been done before.

Anyway,
“A ruling Thursday by the Texas Supreme Court will allow schools to continue requiring masks while a legal battle between the governor and local officials gets sorted out.

The move came the same day that the Texas Education Agency suspended enforcement in the state’s public school systems of Abbott’s ban on mask requirements, the Texas Education Agency said Thursday.

In a public health guidance letter, the TEA said enforcement was being dropped because of ongoing court challenges to the ban. The letter said the new guidance is effective immediately and further guidance will be issued once the litigation is resolved.“

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/pol...-mask-n1277226

Old 08-20-2021, 10:42 AM

4,680 posts, read 4,999,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
A thinking person has to wonder why decades of vaccines given to virtually the entire population with the result that things like small pox and polio have been pretty well eliminated in said population isn’t the go-to example when considering the current situation.
It’s as if people simply forgot that it’s all been done before.

Anyway,
“A ruling Thursday by the Texas Supreme Court will allow schools to continue requiring masks while a legal battle between the governor and local officials gets sorted out.

The move came the same day that the Texas Education Agency suspended enforcement in the state’s public school systems of Abbott’s ban on mask requirements, the Texas Education Agency said Thursday.

In a public health guidance letter, the TEA said enforcement was being dropped because of ongoing court challenges to the ban. The letter said the new guidance is effective immediately and further guidance will be issued once the litigation is resolved.“

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/pol...-mask-n1277226
Wonder no more: smallpox is a DNA virus that doesn't mutate nearly as much as Sars-Cov-2, and polio is transmitted differently and hygiene/sanitation measures are more effective against it than against Sars-Cov-2. The "what they are" of these viruses are not very much alike, so the "how to attack them" are not very much alike, either.

You could theoretically devise an incredibly complicated worldwide network of required booster shots and restrictions and bring Sars-Cov-2 down to the level of smallpox or polio, but the cost to humanity would greatly outweigh the cost of the virus itself, in my opinion.

Old 08-27-2021, 06:32 PM

5,115 posts, read 2,059,318 times
I don't know if someone else already mentionned it but one pro-mask guy at a school board meeting in Dripping Springs near Austin strips down while exposing his thoughts about mask mandates last Monday.
https://www.ksat.com/news/local/2021...board-meeting/

Quote:
DRIPPING SPRINGS, Texas – An upset parent decided to share his naked truth about mask mandates at a school board meeting in Dripping Springs on Monday.

James Akers, a parent of a high schooler in the Dripping Springs Independent School District, attended the meeting where members of the public were given 90 seconds each to share their opinions.

While most comments were centered around parents urging the district to stick to education and not worry about enforcing mask mandates, Akers had opposite feelings and decided to show, as well as tell.

According to the San Marcos Record, Akers took off his tie, then his shirt, then his undershirt and his pants as he explained that he doesn’t like the government, or anyone else telling him what to do.
I guess that guy might have watched a bit too much King of the Hill.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xW3K_WdpW3I

Old 08-28-2021, 09:44 PM

3,076 posts, read 5,656,797 times
I'm completely against masks, but on the school side I do believe the authority lies within the local authority/school district. So I don't think the governor can decide on the school side, but does have the authority over businesses and general state wide. It is ridiculous to walk across the street and have one side masks and the other none.

Now, going further, I think local districts should need to show that masks actually work. Yet, there is not one study that shows mask make one difference other than the CDC just saying so. Can we get past the CDC being credible at any point.

The problem is last year they said once teachers got vaccinated they wouldn't need masks and now they have the opportunity to, they are still promoting masks. All that, and students passing this virus onto teachers is almost non existent. Many schools across the country and in other countries opened up without masks with zero issues. If the goal is nobody gets sick, then its a failure already. At this point, any flu season or any year they could promote masks. Public schools have failed our kids. This argue about masks is pointless, the main argument is the failure of teachers/administration to actually teach our kids.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies