Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2021, 02:45 PM

6,389 posts, read 2,712,718 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I understand the problem.

He's not competent, and everyone has known that and it was a disgrace that he was the only option besides Trump that the American public could choose to be our President. So he was elected, with quite a margin although everyone knew he wasn't capable of truly leading.

I'll ask again.

In this time of extreme division, where everyone's temper is boiling just below the surface and some are above the surface, how does this help America?

Did you have the same objection to the Anti-Trump Billboards, wondering how they helped America?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2021, 06:25 PM

1,957 posts, read 701,048 times
Quote:
We only had 2 choices, and I still believe he was the best choice.

We should probably pay more attention next primary, and have the party attempt to select 4 or 5 viable primary candidates that could do the job and are popular enough to again beat Trump, so there's that.
Did you watch the primary last time? Your comment did not make sense at all.

Old 08-18-2021, 06:52 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

35,634 posts, read 17,975,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankNSense View Post
Did you have the same objection to the Anti-Trump Billboards, wondering how they helped America?
I don't recall seeing anti-Trump billboards.

Old 08-18-2021, 06:53 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

35,634 posts, read 17,975,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 366h34d View Post
Did you watch the primary last time? Your comment did not make sense at all.
Yes, I did. How many were in the field of those officially trying to get on the democrat ticket? Something like 27? Nuts, and very splintering.

The democrats need 4-5 to officially run during the primary, and then narrow it down to 2 or possibly 3 to actually appear on the primary ticket to be voted on.

Old 08-18-2021, 07:12 PM

8,016 posts, read 5,861,248 times
Quote:
We only had 2 choices, and I still believe he was the best choice.

We should probably pay more attention next primary, and have the party attempt to select 4 or 5 viable primary candidates that could do the job and are popular enough to again beat Trump, so there's that.

If you still believe -- after seven months of this demented buffoon -- that he was the best choice, then maybe it's time you learned to think critically about candidates.

Joe Biden has been an idiot his entire life, and a grifter for 50 years of it. There's nothing about him that says "Best Choice".

Old 08-18-2021, 08:05 PM

1,733 posts, read 948,771 times
Quote:
Call him what you will, and I'd agree with it, but thank God Trump's not in office, or we'd be at war with Afghanistan right now.

And we're not. And won't be.

Did Trump cause any wars during his 4 years in office? The entire time the left howled that he would.

What Trump did was follow through on his word, e.g. the assassination of Solimani. Hostile countries respected us and feared retaliation, and the world was quiet during his time in office. In 7 months, Biden has caused massive discord in the world, and now the possibility of another 9/11 is very real thanks to him.

Old 08-18-2021, 08:21 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,583,738 times
Quote:
I don't recall seeing anti-Trump billboards.
The mainstream media was anti Trump 24/7 so why spend money on billboards?

Old 08-18-2021, 08:29 PM

9,913 posts, read 9,593,779 times
why is he always shown eating ice cream?

Its also very annoying for the one pic that goes around, its a meme, it shows him with aviator sunglasses, and a big ice cream cone. It makes him look like a child playing an adult in a dress up game. I hate how bidet is shown eating ice cream, all the while, so much turmoil is going on.

he needs to shut his pie hole and do his job, not eat ice cream.

Old 08-18-2021, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
Trump had four years to start a new war, in Afghanistan or elsewhere, and he failed to do so. His record is one of not only not starting any wars, but of advancing the prospects for peace in the Middle East. But now, under Biden, the only reason we're not at war with Afghanistan right now is that we were defeated before we could even start fighting. Our defeat was so sudden, and so total, that our enemies around the world are licking their chops, thinking about ways to achieve their ambitions at our expense.

Though I rarely agree with you on political matters, I can respect you as being a reasonable person. If during the election campaign you came to the conclusion that Biden was the better option than Trump (or, at least, the less-worse option), so be it. But when you see people storming the airport, and falling from planes, and when you see the savage, barbarian Taliban sweep to victory in a week, you cannot deny the tsunami of evidence that shows that Biden has failed massively, in terms of tactics, strategy, and the overall geo-political situation, in the effort to extract us from Afghanistan.

Well said, thanks.

Old 08-18-2021, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
why is he always shown eating ice cream?

Its also very annoying for the one pic that goes around, its a meme, it shows him with aviator sunglasses, and a big ice cream cone. It makes him look like a child playing an adult in a dress up game. I hate how bidet is shown eating ice cream, all the while, so much turmoil is going on.

he needs to shut his pie hole and do his job, not eat ice cream.

LOL!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies