Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2021, 10:25 AM

72,874 posts, read 62,362,868 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by daritee View Post
We know blacks have been leaving Southern California, the question here is where are they going?

Georgia? Texas?
Alot of other places too. Some have gone to Nevada and Arizona. Nevada is 10% Black, up from 6.8% in 2000. In Arizona, the Black population is growing considerably.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2021, 10:33 AM

12,335 posts, read 8,065,345 times
Quote:
We know blacks have been leaving Southern California, the question here is where are they going?

Georgia? Texas?
It is more like Blacks began moving west, to Crenshaw in the article from the previous center of Black LA along Central Avenue which ran from downtown to Watts in Los Angeles when Japanese Americans sold to them after the war and White folks started fleeing. Then Blacks started dispersing from that South(Southwest) Los Angeles core and being replaced by incoming LatinX. Thus losing local supermajorities and becoming a minority in a more diverse community since White people no longer sell out and flee when a few Black families move in.

Although White folks returning to the higher income Black, for now, areas in Los Angeles has seen nation focus of high income Black areas shift to Atlanta and other areas.

Old 08-20-2021, 10:41 AM

15,066 posts, read 6,142,981 times
Quote:

Georgia? Texas?
Black people in the North and West are moving back to the South, to the more affluent areas of the South. Better quality of life overall.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...rsal/21818127/

Even Caribbean people who are black are moving to the South in higher numbers…

Old 08-20-2021, 10:43 AM

72,874 posts, read 62,362,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
That could have been the person who booked her. I’ve seen a mixed Puerto Rican classified as Black. I’ve seen the same done to South Asians. Sometimes it’s other people doing the labeling.
It could have been. However, given what we know about Stacey Dash, it wouldn't surprise me if she herself put that down.

Old 08-20-2021, 11:08 AM

62,726 posts, read 28,935,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Not sure your point.

I have no idea why you keep clinging to this belief. Its like you dont realize Spain AND Mexico took Censuses of its territories just like the US did, or as if we didnt take a census when they were annexed.

Texas alone had 200,000 people in 1850
New Mexico 61,000

On top of all this, you know Spain also had territories in Florida, Alabama, Mississippi and Louisiana right ? Those people didnt pack up and leave either, but those people were indeed white Spaniards for the most part, not Latinos. But they did speak spanish, which is still part of your flawed argument.

There is no such thing as "American" culture. At best you mean shared identity and likes. Food is regional, dance is regional, language is regional, even art is regional in this country, then you can break that further down by race and ethnicity.

no.

If you actually mean 1st generation as in first generation born here, then you would be correct

But thats still a flawed argument seeing how those numbers skew.

A second generation Hispanic man could be 90 years old by your logic and clearly didnt get here in the 1970's since both he and his parents would have been born here.

This argument only works if you pretend Latinos didnt inner marry with the natives.

You would never call a mixed race person who had one white parent and one black parent, white. So why would you do it with mexicans ?

In other countries in Latin America, darker skin puts this debate to bed.

My argued isnt that any of this is bad, its just refuting the false things you posted.
There is no American culture? WTH are you talking about? Part of that identifying culture is the English language.

Wrong, if one has one white and one black parent they are of mixed race. Sames goes for a Mestizo that marries a white or a black person. One could use Asians as an example to. It has nothing to do with skin color but genetics. There are light and dark skinned people of all races. You are the one posting false things.

Old 08-20-2021, 11:11 AM

62,726 posts, read 28,935,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
These things are going to happen, when democrats (and to lesser extent RINOs) have allowed 30 million Latinos to flood into America illegally in the last 40 years. Not even getting into birthright citizenship and why that has been a lie all along - and all the descendants from the border jumpers.

Democrats have sold us out.
Everything you said is the absolute truth! I wonder why so many blacks don't have a problem with or won't speak out against this illegal invasion of our country from mostly Latinos? Hmm. I have a couple of ideas though.

Old 08-20-2021, 11:21 AM

6,476 posts, read 6,411,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Black people in the North and West are moving back to the South, to the more affluent areas of the South. Better quality of life overall.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...rsal/21818127/

Even Caribbean people who are black are moving to the South in higher numbers…
Shhhh, black people are losing south central Los Angeles. It doesnt matter how much we're moving to the south. Once we lose the black mecca of Southern California, its all over for us.

Old 08-20-2021, 11:23 AM

6,220 posts, read 3,586,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galvatron99 View Post
It's Latino not Latinx

And lost Angles was founded by the Spanish, why would there be a majority of black people there?
Actually there were blacks and several mulattoes (mixed black and white) part of the founding of LA. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Los_Angeles_Pobladores

Quote:
The castas of the 22 adult pobladores, according to the 1781 census, were:

1 Peninsular (Spaniard born in Spain)
1 Criollo (Spaniard born in New Spain)
1 Mestizo (mixed Spanish and Indian)
2 Negros (blacks of full African ancestry)
8 Mulattos (mixed Spanish and black)
9 Indios (American Indians)

Old 08-20-2021, 11:29 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,063,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Everything you said is the absolute truth! I wonder why so many blacks don't have a problem with or won't speak out against this illegal invasion of our country from mostly Latinos? Hmm. I have a couple of ideas though.
Because liberals tell them that white people are the Great Satan, and that they have that in common with the Mexicans that are displacing them. They are both told they have a common enemy: the white man.

I don't think this grand experiment is going to work out for them in the long run though.

I don't think the Mexicans and blacks are all just going to sing kumbaya together down the road.

Of course I'm not God, and I am just speculating, but I have seen some of this multiculturalism up close here in the Twin Cities, and what I am seeing is: Asians, blacks, Somalians, Mexicans and so on tend to stick to their own here.

Like I said, I could be wrong, but I think the future of America is: balkanization on steroids, down the road.

We'll just have to see. No such experiment like America has ever been done before...

Old 08-20-2021, 11:31 AM

12,335 posts, read 8,065,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galvatron99 View Post
It's Latino not Latinx

And lost Angles was founded by the Spanish, why would there be a majority of black people there?
Well that comes to Tritone's argument about how the LatinX were counted before the 60s Civil Rights legislation and how people who fled when Black folks moved in from WWII through the 1970s were counted. But in the end we are talking about the majority, supermajority actually, of Black's in a very small section of California, or just the City of Los Angeles and the ending of that local majority status and eventually people who look like us holding political seats.

Last edited by Taiko; 08-20-2021 at 11:41 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies