Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2021, 04:52 AM

18,547 posts, read 15,584,312 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
CONTROL... The DEMS trynna CONTROL us. Give it a rest, man. NO ONE wants to control, the US population. No one makes money that way. This is the #1 most ridiculous conspiracy theory.
They certainly do not want to return to the days when CDC guidelines were mere advice rather than enforced rules. (“They” refers to those who have instituted mask mandates.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2021, 05:09 AM

45,225 posts, read 26,437,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncole1 View Post
They certainly do not want to return to the days when CDC guidelines were mere advice rather than enforced rules. (“They” refers to those who have instituted mask mandates.)
If Fauci had his way we'd all be living under the system Australia has in place as he has offered high praise for it.

Old 08-28-2021, 07:58 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,576,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BELMO45 View Post
I never expected the mask mandate on planes to end before summer 2022 when it will become an election topic for midterms. It’ll 100% be gone by early august 2022 at the latest
I agree. By then Covid will be gone and deaths from the vax will be increasing.

Old 08-28-2021, 08:03 PM

8,181 posts, read 2,791,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
If Fauci had his way we'd all be living under the system Australia has in place as he has offered high praise for it.
If Fauci had his way people would have their front doors welded shut and be shot on sight for leaving their homes without his personal permission. And he would have the authority to randomly infect people with whatever virus he wants for gain of function research.

Old 08-28-2021, 08:05 PM

2,540 posts, read 1,033,877 times
I heard from a friend with kids that they are even arresting 2 year olds for refusing to mask up on planes. They didn't "defund" the police but they re-assigned them from dealing with urban street crime to airports and other federal property to enforce mask mandates.

Old 08-28-2021, 08:58 PM

16,081 posts, read 10,744,030 times
Don't want to wear a mask? You're banned on planes, trains and airports until January 2022

The way things are going lately, during the current anti-vaxer derived spike in sickness and deaths, we will very likely see this mask requirement for a long time, beyond 2022. They are fueling this thing. I have no intention of flying anywhere. I may take the train in the next year. I'll be taking a road trip in October.

Old 08-29-2021, 06:03 AM

45,225 posts, read 26,437,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
Don't want to wear a mask? You're banned on planes, trains and airports until January 2022

The way things are going lately, during the current anti-vaxer derived spike in sickness and deaths, we will very likely see this mask requirement for a long time, beyond 2022. They are fueling this thing. I have no intention of flying anywhere. I may take the train in the next year. I'll be taking a road trip in October.
Ever hear of natural immunity? Or doesnt your science speak of it

Old 08-30-2021, 07:28 AM

16,548 posts, read 19,694,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Waltz View Post
Pfizer says what?
Pfizer makes money on a vaccine. This is not CONTROLLING us.

I have serious issues with people that see this as a conspiracy. So the government is working with ... Pfizer... to help them get rich by scaring us into getting the vaccine. Is this your position?

Old 08-30-2021, 07:51 AM

7,358 posts, read 6,526,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
Pfizer makes money on a vaccine. This is not CONTROLLING us.

I have serious issues with people that see this as a conspiracy. So the government is working with ... Pfizer... to help them get rich by scaring us into getting the vaccine. Is this your position?
Do you seriously not think that companies lobby the government all day long to increase their profits?

Old 08-30-2021, 07:56 AM

9,639 posts, read 6,017,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by albert648 View Post
I don't have a problem with the concept of masking. Mandatory masking, even when I'm presumably not sick, I do have a problem with.
You don't know if you have it or not. You could be carrying it without symptoms; and still spreading it.

I have a novel concept: Given everything this nation has been through in the past; the things the military has had to do (and been experimented on)...

Why do some of you act like such children over the need to wear a mask to protect the public? It's despicable. It's embarrassing. Being made to do it is because you're too selfish to just do it. We have a lot of freedoms in this country but we also have a contract with each other.

Covid is a terrible way to die and I'm honestly surprised that part isn't being talked about more. It's manageable as long as too many people don't get it at the same time; that's why we need the masks.

Stop being a snowflake; just put the mask on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies