Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2021, 09:15 AM

100 posts, read 44,986 times

Advertisements

To quote James Carville …. “It's the economy, stupid”

Biden’s America……The Soaring Cost of Food Is Forcing Families to Scrimp at the Dinner Table

Whether at supermarkets, corner stores, or open-air markets, prices for food have been surging in much of the world, forcing families to make tough decisions about their diets. Meat is often the first to go, ceding space to less expensive proteins such as dairy, eggs, or beans.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/featu...e-dinner-table

Old 08-18-2021, 09:19 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.Martel_88 View Post

Biden’s America……The Soaring Cost of Food Is Forcing Families to Scrimp at the Dinner Table

Whether at supermarkets, corner stores, or open-air markets, prices for food have been surging in much of the world, forcing families to make tough decisions about their diets. Meat is often the first to go, ceding space to less expensive proteins such as dairy, eggs, or beans.

Just one of the many disasters brought to you by the DNC election fraud.

Stay tuned- we are only at the end of the "first inning" of the "Biden admin" and there is ample time for far worse disasters to unfold.

Biden is only going to get more demented and confused over time, not better. Thus his decisions will become even worse than now, if one can imagine that.

Old 08-18-2021, 09:22 AM

8,609 posts, read 2,309,649 times
well, that's a WHO/Global story.

Using their own figures, I'm not sure why "meat is the first to go", since of the major category it's increased the least.

However, I suppose if it gets spread widely by the media and folks pin this on the Biden Administration, he's again lucky the midterms are still a year away.

Old 08-18-2021, 09:23 AM

35,703 posts, read 21,063,743 times
Quote:

Might be more cooking at home than fast food at the table.

Old 08-18-2021, 09:23 AM

6,115 posts, read 3,089,753 times
Quote:

What else should we expect after they printed trillions of additional dollars to hand out those checks?

Someone I know who moved out of the U.S., thirty years ago, also received all the stimulus checks because the system picked them as making below a certain amount on their US Tax returns.

Old 08-18-2021, 09:24 AM

41,961 posts, read 75,205,836 times
Where have you been? Food prices have been going up for more than a year.

Eat chicken and shop at Aldi. That's what I'm doing.

Old 08-18-2021, 09:36 AM

3,187 posts, read 1,509,749 times
Yes, I have noticed several increases. However, to give a vegetarian plug, I haven't noticed any increase in the costs of fruits and vegetables for now. Due to summer many things are in season and cheap.

Fruits and vegetables are full of natural antioxidants which can only help to keep your body healthy with Covid circulating. For one, I have been eating tomato sandwiches almost every day for lunch to use up my garden tomatoes.

Old 08-18-2021, 09:39 AM

18,496 posts, read 9,164,949 times
Quote:

That’s what those stimulus checks were for: to pay for the higher cost of everything, due to the stimulus checks.

Old 08-18-2021, 09:39 AM

8,633 posts, read 10,152,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Where have you been? Food prices have been going up for more than a year.

Eat chicken and shop at Aldi. That's what I'm doing.
We've finally been getting new Aldi's out here in Phoenix.

Old 08-18-2021, 09:44 AM

14,230 posts, read 4,596,290 times
Printing out money like there is no tomorrow = inflation
Higher gas price = higher food price

It’s only a matter time before we use wheel barrows to haul dollar bills to buy a loaf of bread

Biden’s America “build back better”
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies