Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2021, 04:15 AM

9,049 posts, read 3,529,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleass View Post
This is just so disgusting its sad......

I am so ashamed of living in this country,living amoung human beings...... I am just disgusted by it all!!
You think this wouldn't be the same any other countries???

Old 08-19-2021, 04:16 AM

9,049 posts, read 3,529,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by World_Travel_2011 View Post
So if a heart transplant candidate refuses to stop eating unhealthy food does that count as grounds to deny? What about a liver transplant candidate whose condition was caused by alcohol problems? If medical treatment is refused based on covid vaccine grounds, it needs to be denied for many other situations.
Those decisions are made routinely.

Old 08-19-2021, 04:19 AM

2,941 posts, read 1,789,349 times
Good.

Old 08-19-2021, 04:30 AM

7,242 posts, read 4,560,901 times
This is why I believe many of the covid deaths were killed by the doctors and nurses. They like playing god and the vaccine gives them the excuse now.

Old 08-19-2021, 04:52 AM

18,480 posts, read 15,272,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
There is always far greater demand for organs than there is supply.

If all else is equal, of course you would put others ahead of those who are more likely to have a negative outcome. Those involved have made the assessment that in the current environment, someone unprotected from Covid is at far greater risk. Common sense.
Not only unprotected, but actually far more susceptible to it. A transplant patient needs to take drugs that seriously and purposefully weaken the immune system so that their immune system doesn’t attack the new organ. So they are much more likely to contract COVID.

Then on top of that, they all have previous conditions, making them more likely to die from COVID if they do get it.

In the end, you don’t want to waste organs on people who will die anyway, when they could be used to actually save lives in other people. Sure if there were enough to go around, they would. But there aren’t.

Old 08-19-2021, 04:56 AM

19,833 posts, read 9,398,479 times
Well, unless we have all been "misinformed" AGAIN, the vaccinated are in just as much danger as getting infected as the vaccinated. As I understand it, it is just that the chances of getting seriously sick or dying are less, right?

WHY are they so intent on getting everyone vaccinated for a virus with really less than a 1% chance of dying?

However, another poster in another thread asked about the rate and "seriousness" of long-haulers, but I did not see that question answered, as far as how many people are still greatly suffering many months after being released by the hospital. Does anyone know about that? (That might be why the government is pushing vaccination so hard.)

Old 08-19-2021, 05:01 AM

26,542 posts, read 15,111,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
People are removed from transplant lists for not being compliant with their doctor's orders all the time.

So yes, this is typical. You don't want to give an organ to someone who won't follow medical protocol, when so many are waiting who will, and will take full advantage of the blessing of receiving a donated organ.
You are fine with this authoritarianism? My body my choice?

Old 08-19-2021, 05:02 AM

7,242 posts, read 4,560,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
You are fine with this authoritarianism? My body my choice?
What happened to medical ethics?

Old 08-19-2021, 05:13 AM

17,403 posts, read 11,991,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
People are removed from transplant lists for not being compliant with their doctor's orders all the time.

So yes, this is typical. You don't want to give an organ to someone who won't follow medical protocol, when so many are waiting who will, and will take full advantage of the blessing of receiving a donated organ.
So the doctor is doing something that is guaranteed to cause their death, because they won't comply with an order that will force them to take a non-FDA approved vaccine that might harm them, in the hopes that it prevents a virus that they may or may not contract.

Old 08-19-2021, 05:55 AM

18,480 posts, read 15,272,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
So the doctor is doing something that is guaranteed to cause their death, because they won't comply with an order that will force them to take a non-FDA approved vaccine that might harm them, in the hopes that it prevents a virus that they may or may not contract.
No. He is doing it because there are not enough organs for everyone. Tough choices have to be made all the time. If you want to fix the problem, become an organ donor and encourage others to do the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies