Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2021, 08:46 PM

2,916 posts, read 1,514,140 times

Advertisements

Blackmailed into the vaccine? But it's a choice, right? (as some here like to say)

Does this sound normal? (I know - some of you are going to say "yes")

This is just unconscionable....

Hospital removed sick patients from transplant wait list after they refused to get the COVID vaccine: Report

Quote:
A hospital in Washington state has reportedly removed multiple sick patients from its transplant wait list over their decision not to receive a coronavirus vaccine.
Quote:
"The cardiologist called me, and we had a discussion, and he informed me that, 'Well, you're going to have to get a vaccination to get a transplant.' And I said, 'Well that's news to me and nobody's ever told me that before.' And he says, 'Yeah, that's our policy,'" Allen recalled.
Quote:
According to Rantz, when he reached out to the UW Medical Center for an explanation, the hospital did not deny the allegations. Officials did, however, reject the notion that an official policy is on the books. But Rantz isn't buying it.
Quote:
"After emails from several patients [told] the same story of being denied or threatened with denial of treatment over COVID vaccine refusal, it seemed likely that there was a policy," Rantz noted.
Quote:
Allen told Rantz that he has so far refused to get a coronavirus vaccine because the potential side effects might be harmful to him, considering his unique heart condition.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/hospit...itlist-vaccine

-----------

How can you people in favor of the shot argue in favor of this without just being evil?

Business as usual?

Old 08-18-2021, 08:47 PM

417 posts, read 246,835 times
So dying people who are waiting for a transplant are being told no? Does anybody else see the irony?

Old 08-18-2021, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MummyofAnkha1969 View Post
So dying people who are waiting for a transplant are being told no? Does anybody else see the irony?
It doesn't matter. The brainwashed have spoken....

It is interesting - what imaginary line has to be crossed before people wake up and say: Woah. Ok, that is out of line?

Old 08-18-2021, 08:54 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 3 days ago)

35,613 posts, read 17,935,039 times
People are removed from transplant lists for not being compliant with their doctor's orders all the time.

So yes, this is typical. You don't want to give an organ to someone who won't follow medical protocol, when so many are waiting who will, and will take full advantage of the blessing of receiving a donated organ.

Old 08-18-2021, 09:52 PM

An interview with one of the people:

https://video.foxnews.com/v/6268540892001#sp=show-clips

Old 08-18-2021, 10:06 PM

6,365 posts, read 2,700,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
People are removed from transplant lists for not being compliant with their doctor's orders all the time.

So yes, this is typical. You don't want to give an organ to someone who won't follow medical protocol, when so many are waiting who will, and will take full advantage of the blessing of receiving a donated organ.
Well Mr. Patient we have this heart ready for you, and all you need to do is get vaccinated

I bet you still consider this a choice.

Old 08-18-2021, 10:10 PM

108 posts, read 49,203 times
So if a heart transplant candidate refuses to stop eating unhealthy food does that count as grounds to deny? What about a liver transplant candidate whose condition was caused by alcohol problems? If medical treatment is refused based on covid vaccine grounds, it needs to be denied for many other situations.

Old 08-18-2021, 11:46 PM

18,460 posts, read 15,240,962 times
I'm not sure how I feel about it, but I would not feel very comfortable putting the patient on the immunosuppressant anti-rejection drugs they need, and sending them out into the world with COVID around.

If you give them the organ, and they die of COVID, which is a very real possibility considering their current health status, that is like wasting an organ that could have saved someone else.

Decisions like this are usually not so simple. I'm glad I am not the one making them.

Old 08-19-2021, 02:09 AM

736 posts, read 455,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by World_Travel_2011 View Post
So if a heart transplant candidate refuses to stop eating unhealthy food does that count as grounds to deny? What about a liver transplant candidate whose condition was caused by alcohol problems? If medical treatment is refused based on covid vaccine grounds, it needs to be denied for many other situations.
Yes folks waiting for liver transplants who continue drinking are dropped from the list, so are heart and lung patients who continue to smoke, any patient who won't comply with medication regimen. Why wate a viable organ on someone who will ruin it?

Old 08-19-2021, 04:14 AM

9,049 posts, read 3,521,102 times
There is always far greater demand for organs than there is supply.

If all else is equal, of course you would put others ahead of those who are more likely to have a negative outcome. Those involved have made the assessment that in the current environment, someone unprotected from Covid is at far greater risk. Common sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies