Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2021, 08:39 AM

6,115 posts, read 3,347,968 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
Why is she not in jail “right now”?

Well, first she would have to be arrested, charged with a crime and then be proven guilty in a court of law using forensic evidence. Right now, all we have is a claim of evidence by some politically motivated group that was aired on a politically biased opinion TV show. The evidence presented thus far (we found a straw used by her husband) would never pass legal chain of custody requirements.

I’m not saying she is or is not guilty. Just that we don’t know. The fact that these charges pop up on Tucker Carlson make them less credible.
There is a lot more than just a claim of evidence by a politically motivated group. The FBI has the evidence, has had the evidence, and because of political reasons, they chose to bury it all.

Typical leftist response, well we don’t know for sure, blah blah blah.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2021, 09:46 AM

18,160 posts, read 15,632,241 times
Thee is certainly enough of a preponderance of evidence to warrant a full investigation and being as she is serving in Congress should make her MORE not less of a target of such an investigation. Should that come to pass the howls of indignation from those who support her and she herself will send echoes of "racism", xenophobia, ( the latter can also be wailed as "Islamaphobia) proclamations of gender bias (she is also a "woman of color add that in) and every other term that can be coined will resonate wall to wall and treetop tall. That hornets nest she wears on her head speaks well as to the brain encased in her head.

Buzzing with viciousness ready to explode and sting even without provocation because...well, that's what hornets do. She and the rest of the Squids...err Squad, always get those confused, have a future envisioned for this country unseen since Imperial Japan and Nazi Germany. Take over and subjugation for all who dare oppose them is the stuff their dreams are made of. That she and her fellow cephalopods actually got elected to Congress is plumb spooky fathom. Yea yea I can hear the same old leftist bilge telling me that the only reason I find that to be frightening is because I'm a White heterosexual conservative male who wants to see women kept in the kitchen, want to establish a "Christian Taliban" "strong independent powerful women of color" threaten my male Whiteness doubled down with my refusal to realize that the "ethnic minorities" she and her fellow Calamari represent are going to make me and all like me a minority living by the leave of the constituencies that elected them.

Is it just me or is it just super weird to have a Somali Muslim leveling religious bias accusations? Truthfully up until recently I thought of myself as a moderate politically but I have realized that animal is as mythical as the unicorn. It's either all in or all out. If someone disagrees with a single thing the left stands for that constitutes being a right wing extremist goose stepping around a burning cross whilst trying not to spill a can of Pabst in some fetid swamp that looks at Dick and Jane as difficult reading. Do Dick and Jane still exist helping our young'uns to learn to read or have they been cancelled for being to White?

At any rate Omar is a sitting congresswoman and so sorry to be the one to tell her but that means she could and should be held to far higher standards of conduct under the law. Not granted immunity from investigation and prosecution based on her position and ethnic background. "Diplomatic immunity" only applies to foreign nationals on embassy duty. She does not qualify...or is that no longer the case since technically she IS still a foreign national in a political office acting in the capacity of ambassador of her fellow Somalis? I see a pending supreme court issue.

Sheesh, life in these United States.

Old 08-19-2021, 10:04 AM

10,099 posts, read 7,771,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
I don’t care what side of the fence she is on, she should 100% be in jail right now.

The FBI even knew that she did it, without a shadow of a doubt. They had incontrovertible evidence.

Their conclusion: Marriage fraud had passed the statutes of limitations. Immigration fraud did not.

She should immediately be forced to resign from the House, and stand federal trial for immigration fraud.

If this doesn’t happen, we no longer have a functioning country at this point.
I agree. I couldn't believe it when I heard it.

Yep, this country isn't functioning and hadn't been since Idiot Joey came into the pic. Bozos at the White House.

Dems aren't accountable for anything and can do anything. It's been proven and nothing we can do except sit back and watch and shake our heads. They are running loose and screwing up the country because no one holds them accountable.

Old 08-19-2021, 10:06 AM

14,798 posts, read 17,693,010 times
She makes Minneapolis decline much more understandable. Lawlessness is what they want and have voted for.

Old 08-19-2021, 10:07 AM

9,981 posts, read 5,681,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
I don’t care what side of the fence she is on, she should 100% be in jail right now.

The FBI even knew that she did it, without a shadow of a doubt. They had incontrovertible evidence.

Their conclusion: Marriage fraud had passed the statutes of limitations. Immigration fraud did not.

She should immediately be forced to resign from the House, and stand federal trial for immigration fraud.

If this doesn’t happen, we no longer have a functioning country at this point.
Rules and laws are for the little people, not the ruling class.

Old 08-19-2021, 10:09 AM

78,417 posts, read 60,613,724 times
So, the headline says "reportedly" so since this is new information it would need to be presented and verified by the authorities prior to even arrest.

So, IF that occurs then I'll start paying more attention to this. Over the years there have been so many stories about bombshell info about various D and R politicians that never panned out, one would have to be a fool or hopeless partisan to buy in fully this early.

Old 08-19-2021, 05:22 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,952,870 times
So she is an illegal immigrant is she? Well great, strip her of privileges, and send her home.

Old 08-19-2021, 06:11 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,354,091 times
Default Let's Try Reality

Ilhan Omar was available throughout the Trump Administration. Trump was openly extremely hostile to her. But the Trump Administration did not charge her with anything.

If Trump and his whole administration could not get at her why on earth would you think there is reason to believe the Biden Administration would have a rational case against her?

I would think the lack of action against her by Trump et al testifies to there being nothing significant there.

Old 08-19-2021, 06:52 PM

5,860 posts, read 3,299,469 times
Black Muslim privileged.

Old 08-19-2021, 06:55 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,354,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
Black Muslim privileged.
In the Trump administration? Garbage. Trump was out to get her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies