Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2021, 05:30 PM

16,214 posts, read 11,321,078 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Right, and most Americans never served.

Serving in the military has nothing to do with the topic at hand. Most Americans never served, so they're more likely to have my line of thoughts than someone who did served.

Maybe to someone who served in the military, this is something that is vitally important to them and they would take this very personally; but most the country is not like that.

Btw, my friends who did serve in Afghanistan are more amused than angry. They basically said it's doomed from the start and what happened this week is not all on Biden but 20 years in the making.
Most Americans might not have served, but those who have, and those who work in key heavy industries have a much firmer grasp of what is, and is not possible, than the collection of overgrown children in the "woke" camp.

If our system breks down completely, these are the people who will be counted upon to keep things running, and I have no doubt that the "wokesters" will be kicking and screaming every step of the way.

And when the dust settles, I'm sure they'll demonstrate the foresight to restore the blessings of our republic as quickly as possible -- just without the participation of the shrill few bent on destroying everything.

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 08-19-2021 at 05:40 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2021, 05:35 PM

19,743 posts, read 22,620,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Well, heer ya go folks, Americans are in harms way, and the left just does not give damn.
They were in harms way over there for 20 years.

Well here ya go folks- I guess Trumplings don’t give a dayum..

Old 08-19-2021, 05:48 PM

45,307 posts, read 60,463,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetGlideSpecial View Post
A lot of things should be news to you because you are dead wrong. Oh wow, an agreement with the Taliban, you condone and admire. Roughly ten percent of the population serve in the military.
Your 10% is probably "have served" in the military. Current strength levels for all branches including Reserves and Guard is approximately 2,405,000, so less than 1% are currently in the military either active or Reserve.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...rve-component/

Old 08-19-2021, 06:02 PM

16,214 posts, read 11,321,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post

The majority of thise who voted for Trump as the lesser of multiple evils were not blindly-loyal "Trumplings".

Because we can not only discern the llesser of multiple evils, but the greater of multiple threats.

Old 08-19-2021, 06:30 PM

46,260 posts, read 27,064,278 times
Quote:
Nope, if so, then why has nobody died in the last 18 months, said biden?

Quote:
Here ya go folks, someone who has no military experience but knows more than anyone, congrats, you've won the internet today, but only until midnight.

Old 08-19-2021, 06:33 PM

362 posts, read 140,257 times
I hope the Bidentards are happy with the end result.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies