Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Biden/Harris-Have they destroyed the USA as fast as you expected?
Faster-I thought they could only crush the economy year 1. 17 18.68%
Faster-I thought they could only crush our military power year 1. 1 1.10%
Faster-I thought they could only impose a Southern border invasion year 1. 13 14.29%
Right on time-I thought they would wreck economy, military power, and border invasion year 1. 60 65.93%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2021, 09:13 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,702,516 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Thousands of Americans stuck in Afghanistan is ripping the bandaid off? 6,000 troops being told they can’t leave until they “think” everyone is rescued is ending a war?

Liberals really are clueless.
Thousands of Americans obviously chose to be stuck in Afghanistan despite only 2500 troops remaining at 2020 year end. This was not a secret.

Who are these stuck Americans? What were they doing in Afghanistan?

The US invaded Afghanistan in 2001 to crush the Taliban. The Trump Admin negotiated withdrawal of troops and the release if 5000 Taliban fighters from Afghan prisons with the Taliban in early 2020 and in doing so legitimized the Taliban.

Tell us how the Trump Admin expected to withdraw the final 2500 troops without absolute chaos.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2021, 09:25 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,702,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Beyond that 65,000 Afghan citizens who helped us left to be executed. Just wait until the next time US troops are attacked, to see how quickly witnesses call for their aid, or assist in caring for their wounds.

We BETRAYED our allies in Afghanistan. By Biden's order to simply run like cowards.
Please share Trump’s plan to resettle 65,000 Afghans with 2500 troops remaining in Afghanistan at year end 2020.

Please share how the Trump Admin expected to avoid chaos with just 2500 troops left at year end 2020?

Pompeo hit the Sunday shows and called for US going back in and crushing the Taliban as if he was reading from the 2001 script.

It has always been a game of whack- a- mole in the ME.

Old 08-20-2021, 09:27 AM

18,355 posts, read 26,479,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Thousands of Americans obviously chose to be stuck in Afghanistan despite only 2500 troops remaining at 2020 year end. This was not a secret.

Who are these stuck Americans? What were they doing in Afghanistan?

The US invaded Afghanistan in 2001 to crush the Taliban. The Trump Admin negotiated withdrawal of troops and the release if 5000 Taliban fighters from Afghan prisons with the Taliban in early 2020 and in doing so legitimized the Taliban.

Tell us how the Trump Admin expected to withdraw the final 2500 troops without absolute chaos.
"The president went on to say that in the early 1970s, as the Vietnam War was grinding to a close, North Vietnam’s forces were far more powerful than the Taliban are today. “They’re not remotely comparable in terms of capability,” he said. “There’s going to be no circumstance when you’re going to see people being lifted off the roof of an embassy of the United States from Afghanistan.”

The U.S.-supported Afghan security forces, he added, are 300,000 people strong and are “as well-equipped as any army in the world.” And with an air force against “something like 75,000 Taliban,” he added, “it is not inevitable” that the Afghan government will collapse as the South Vietnamese government did."

https://foreignpolicy.com/2021/07/09...-should-he-be/

The president himself a month ago basically said things would be fine in the near term. People over there no doubt listened to him and believed him.

When in actuality intelligence and military officers were warning him of an impending disaster. You pull out civilians first, and important equipment, before you pull troops out. When he was getting warned months ago about an impending diaster he should have been formulating plans to get our people and friends out.

You've posted enough on enough of these threads that by now you should know who these Americans are and why they're there. Contractors, humanitarian workers, people visiting their families.

Old 08-20-2021, 09:29 AM

10,073 posts, read 7,753,009 times
Clown shoes...hilarious but so true.

Old 08-20-2021, 09:29 AM

30,350 posts, read 19,122,995 times
Any thoughts on what's next on the agenda of the people dragging the corpse of Joe Biden around and killing off any good thing to destroy?

Old 08-20-2021, 09:31 AM

10,073 posts, read 7,753,009 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZD2qaIc7bpk

Old 08-20-2021, 09:35 AM

16,068 posts, read 10,723,780 times
Trump was much faster -- you are delusional and anti-American if you did not see it.

Old 08-20-2021, 09:45 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,615,184 times
One thing I expect to happen that I think is running right on the time frame I predicted is not in the poll. Biden is going to either keel over stone dead or be medically incapacitated so egregiously he cannot stay in office. The latter I think highly likely and will be a stress related stroke or mental meltdown. And truly even if a stroke leaves him unable to get out of bed with a catheter put in I would still feel better with him in charge rather than Harris.

Can you imagine? The aimless flailing around she would do and worse yet she would be in command of the military. Hell I'm stating to think this whole Afghanistan debacle was devised by Pelosi, Schumer and all the other top leftist Dems pulling the strings on Biden's advisors to steer him into the lions mouth thus stretching his already seriously physical and mental condition to the breaking point. Then with Harris in the pilots seat they could pull her strings and grow their treasonous agenda by leaps and bounds.

Honestly, I can't allow myself to believe the Dems would allow Biden to endanger their plans for the country by continuing to let him bumble and stumble and erode support for the Democrats (to late now to do anything about that) to critical levels with the mid terms racing at them like a runaway train. I don't think they will allow history to repeat itself and parallel the 1994 midterms with Clinton in office. This group of leftist wacko neo Democrats can't abide even the thought of the voters removing them from power.

There's stuff at play in DC that reads like a Tom Clancy novel. It's even possible that the media outlets that were so pro Biden in the election but have turned on him now are instrumental in the plan. If there's not some dark political objective driving that why the sudden shift? I've also noted that the Dems in congress, particularly the high ranking ones, have been strangely silent. There's no outpouring of support from them for Biden. All this leads me to feel a bit...uncomfortable. It's a plausible postulation to me that maybe just maybe Biden was set up with the current Afghanistan crisis. He's not mentally capable of seeing such a plan let alone countering it.

40 some odd yeas ago he may have been able to sniff out such a rat but now that critter could walk straight in front of him in broad daylight and he'd never see it. Well, such is the nature of our government these days.

Old 08-20-2021, 09:45 AM

14,215 posts, read 4,585,304 times
I would love to see leftists and DNC try to blame Trump for the Afghanistan fiasco in one of their political ads in 2022 or 2024. Let’s see how that works out for you. I am sure the far leftist like poster middle-aged mom would drink that “blame Trump” kool-aid, but the moderate voters will not

Old 08-20-2021, 09:46 AM

2,942 posts, read 1,636,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Please share Trump’s plan to resettle 65,000 Afghans with 2500 troops remaining in Afghanistan at year end 2020.

Please share how the Trump Admin expected to avoid chaos with just 2500 troops left at year end 2020?

Pompeo hit the Sunday shows and called for US going back in and crushing the Taliban as if he was reading from the 2001 script.

It has always been a game of whack- a- mole in the ME.
Blaming Trump AGAIN, for Biden's failure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies