Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2021, 09:48 AM

37,963 posts, read 22,147,086 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
This is complex.

There were many people (about a quarter of the US) who thought Trump was a demiGod. Who really worshiped him, and hung on his every word before forming opinions for themselves.

There was a need for the majority of the US to make it clear to the world, most of us aren't like that. Most of us think differently.

In Biden's case, no one is worshipping him. There are some who are wanting to keep his dementia a little under wraps until he can either somehow be medically helped, or removed from office.

And in this case, it's not a matter of us distancing ourselves as a people from the President. It's a matter of keeping it on the downlow and getting through it.
So the TDS afflicted traded Trump, a man who makes stupid tweets, paints his face orange, and is obnoxious and rude, and replaced him with a dangerously senile president who has a history of being wrong on every foreign policy for over forty years, who is now getting innocent people killed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2021, 09:57 AM

23,548 posts, read 12,525,568 times
Quote:
I think everyone saw his weaknesses from the beginning, before the election and after he'd been chosen as the democrat candidate. I sure did. I had great hopes that he would choose a VP who was popular on both aisles, but he didn't. I believed he had 6 months in office before he would be clearly unable to continue, and he's outlived that prediction.

And yes, I voted for him. Sometimes, when you see a way out of a burning building, you have to shut your eyes and crawl on the ground to get out. And that's what the democrats, faced with staying in the house and watching it burn, and picking a man who, after he was chosen by primary, was clearly unfit to serve for 4 years.
Oh my, the drama

Perhaps the dems should stop lighting the fires that you speak of.

Old 08-20-2021, 10:01 AM

23,548 posts, read 12,525,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Here: Fixed it for you:

There were many people (about a quarter of the US) who thought OBAMA was a demiGod. Who really worshiped him, and hung on his every word before forming opinions for themselves, (which is odd becaue he never said much of anything).
Yep. Out of all of the many administrations I'd lived through, he was the only president who'd actually been referred to as "the one", the "messiah", and worshiped as such by his followers.

Old 08-20-2021, 10:02 AM

16,554 posts, read 10,626,496 times
Quote:
It used to be that the US knew the value of keeping a weakness in our leaders a little hidden from the world.

Doesn't seem smart, does it, to purposely air evidence that our president is struggling?

Are we so divided that the right wing wants purposely to expose us as weak, to the world?
This is, quite possibly, the most astonishing thing I've ever seen "spoken" here on C-D.

The President of the United States of America is, by your own admission, "weak" and "struggling." You knew this, yet you voted for him. And now, you want the entire country to cover for him, so the rest of the world doesn't find out just how weak and struggling he is.

For starters, they already know. It's as obvious as the nose on my face. But beyond that, how have we come to this point? You are actually saying that our leader, the man that was elected to be the primary executive in charge of this country, is so addled that he cannot fulfil his duties, and that we must "cover" for him. Do you even begin to comprehend how insanely dangerous this is? Not to mention, why should we be complicit in attempting to hide his condition, when doing so only serves to make us even weaker?

I don't fault Biden for losing control of his mental faculties. This can happen to anyone, and it is completely beyond his control. I too would like to see him get the care he needs so that he can live out his life as comfortably as possible. But this country needs a leader whose cognitive functions are intact. We can't keep doing Weekend at Bernie's for the rest of his term. It won't work. And it's far more dangerous than the world finding out that our president is losing control of his mind.

Biden's condition needs to be exposed. The corrupt, complicit media needs to do its job and let us see who our president is and what he is doing. If he is unfit to perform his duties, he MUST be removed from office. Much as I dislike Kamala Harris, one of the reasons we have a vice president is for precisely a situation such as this. Biden needs to be removed and Harris needs to be elevated to the presidency. Now. And the whole world needs to see it.

Old 08-20-2021, 10:05 AM

16,554 posts, read 10,626,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
So the TDS afflicted traded Trump, a man who makes stupid tweets, paints his face orange, and is obnoxious and rude, and replaced him with a dangerously senile president who has a history of being wrong on every foreign policy for over forty years, who is now getting innocent people killed.
Yep. Because Orange Man Bad and #meantweets is apparently worse than American citizens being held hostage and Afghan civilians falling to their deaths from our planes.

The more I see Democrats (by no means all of them, thankfully) defend Biden after this mess, the more I realize just how much they hate this country and millions of her people.

Old 08-20-2021, 10:07 AM

21,928 posts, read 9,498,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
I figured they edited out some content. Fox did the same with a Trump interview.
Was Trump incoherent in the part they edited out? Please provide the transcript.

Old 08-20-2021, 10:07 AM

947 posts, read 297,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchcargo777 View Post
Had they aired his weakness' in the beginning, when they should have, maybe he wouldn't have been elected. Then maybe they wouldn't have to cover for themselves now.
Fully 15% of Biden voters would not have voted for him if they had learned of Hunter's laptop and references to 10% to "the big guy." That alone would have swung the election to Trump, which is why the liberal media hid it.

Old 08-20-2021, 10:08 AM

21,928 posts, read 9,498,367 times
Quote:
I think everyone saw his weaknesses from the beginning, before the election and after he'd been chosen as the democrat candidate. I sure did. I had great hopes that he would choose a VP who was popular on both aisles, but he didn't. I believed he had 6 months in office before he would be clearly unable to continue, and he's outlived that prediction.

And yes, I voted for him. Sometimes, when you see a way out of a burning building, you have to shut your eyes and crawl on the ground to get out. And that's what the democrats, faced with staying in the house and watching it burn, and picking a man who, after he was chosen by primary, was clearly unfit to serve for 4 years.
Methinks you jumped out of the frying pan into the fire...

Old 08-20-2021, 10:09 AM

947 posts, read 297,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
This is, quite possibly, the most astonishing thing I've ever seen "spoken" here on C-D.

The President of the United States of America is, by your own admission, "weak" and "struggling." You knew this, yet you voted for him. And now, you want the entire country to cover for him, so the rest of the world doesn't find out just how weak and struggling he is.

For starters, they already know. It's as obvious as the nose on my face. But beyond that, how have we come to this point? You are actually saying that our leader, the man that was elected to be the primary executive in charge of this country, is so addled that he cannot fulfil his duties, and that we must "cover" for him. Do you even begin to comprehend how insanely dangerous this is? Not to mention, why should we be complicit in attempting to hide his condition, when doing so only serves to make us even weaker?

I don't fault Biden for losing control of his mental faculties. This can happen to anyone, and it is completely beyond his control. I too would like to see him get the care he needs so that he can live out his life as comfortably as possible. But this country needs a leader whose cognitive functions are intact. We can't keep doing Weekend at Bernie's for the rest of his term. It won't work. And it's far more dangerous than the world finding out that our president is losing control of his mind.

Biden's condition needs to be exposed. The corrupt, complicit media needs to do its job and let us see who our president is and what he is doing. If he is unfit to perform his duties, he MUST be removed from office. Much as I dislike Kamala Harris, one of the reasons we have a vice president is for precisely a situation such as this. Biden needs to be removed and Harris needs to be elevated to the presidency. Now. And the whole world needs to see it.
Agree. Our goal should not be to hide the degree to which our president is struggling mentally as he battles dementia. Our goal is to see that America is led by someone with an intact brain, who has the best interests of America at heart. (Unfortunately, that isn't Kamala, either. We as a country are in deep doo-doo, and the fault lies primarily with the complicit liberal media and secondarily with the cheating on Election Day, and Election Day After.)

Old 08-20-2021, 10:13 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,548,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCDonna View Post
Except that the liberal media was deliberating hiding all of Trump's good efforts. It's the polar opposite of what they are doing with Biden. With Trump, they (at least CNN) refused to air his daily pressers during COVID - going on for two hours every day, in which he introduced various teams and discussed what they were doing - so as to hide that Trump was indeed taking action on multiple fronts. That's why when I've discussed this with liberals, they always say that Trump didn't do a thing. Sure.....that's what the liberal media WANTED them to think!

Now it's the opposite. The media is hiding Biden's remarks because to air them would show the state of dementia (or simple cluelessness) he has. He actually said that nobody has been killed by the Taliban!

He needs to be removed, and fast, before he can do any more damage. Of course, then we get the inept and immoral Kamala, but after a year of her, she can be impeached as well. By the 2022 Republican Congress.
excellent post, outta reps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies