Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2021, 08:57 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,594,283 times

Advertisements

The problem with Ivermectin is this cult following around it. IF the person has no contraindications and it won't interfere with current treatment then a lot of doctors will give it in the early stages of COVID, even though there really isn't much evidence that it works. A lot did the same thing with HCQ. The problem is that people think it's this miracle cure that "big pharma" and doctors are hiding, and they don't need to take any vaccines or precautions because they think that if they do get COVID they can just take the Ivermectin and be magically cured.
Moderators for US and World Forums

Old 08-25-2021, 10:15 AM

5,517 posts, read 2,406,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterShipWreck View Post
Believe what you want.
Once again, I don't believe anything. I go by what the properly well designed studies tell us. AKA: RCT's

Quote:
You have historically acted like a jerk and a bully on this forum, but today you are being nice.
I didn't know asking for legitimate sources was a form of bullying?

Quote:
However, I have posted so many things over so many months (hundreds of articles and links).... As I already told you - if I come across it again, I will. But, I am not going to spend two+ hours searching for things I have already posted for YOU... A guy who has been nasty to many people on this forum, several times. Others have commented to me about your behavior as well. Why would I spend two hours of MY time for some anonymous guy on the internet who is going to complain its not good enough anyway? I've posted it. If you want to go look thru 4+ months of posts - feel free. No one is stopping you. The world stops because Diesel350z wants his little minions to go do some research? If you WANTED To know - YOU could do the search yourself.
Yes, you have posted a bunch of misinformation and pseudoscience in the form of Youtube videos and conspiracy sites. Never have I seen you post from a legitimate medical journal. Asking for sources for your false claims is not complaining.

Quote:
You don't work for some advisory board, or some medical journal - where my convincing you would make a difference to people...

But, it is much easier to push it off on someone else - and then say, "Oh, see, he won't go find it."
Make the claim, provide the evidence. Pretty simple concept.

Quote:
You will say that anyway, no matter what I post. But, I can honestly say that I try my hardest to bring new information to these threads. And, I get lots of thanks for the information I do come across... Instead of acting like you, and trying to complain and shut everything down. And, you do so in a rude way most of the time.

So, feel better about yourself, because I won't go spend two hours to find something I posted months ago... I really don't care...

Am I supposed to pull a rolodex out of my butt, and instantly pull up any post I've made in 2021, just for you?

I used to actually go do that, a couple of months back... I'd go and spend the time and find something, and post it again. And, then the person I found the information for would ignore the entire post... THEN, they'd complain again a few weeks later for the information again....

You do understand, you don't pay me a check, right?
You can convince me by backing up your claims that you make. For example, in the last claim you made you said fake RCT's were out there about Ivermectin yet you failed to back up these claims and instead made excuses. If you had provided a source for your claim you would have convinced me.

If you don't feel like going back and pulling something you posted months ago then don't get all emotional when I ask you to provide evidence for your claims.

Old 08-25-2021, 10:26 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,596,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
The part the sticks out for me are the dates of the studies --- the one in Feb that states 73% reduction was a, A matched case-control study on hospital personnel. ( India, from September to October 2020)

Others to follow after EU vaccine release ... A Randomized Clinical Trial - 2021

If it works, don't fix it ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel350z View Post
So you believe one inferior matched case-control study over the gold standard in clinical research to assess the effectiveness of a drug which is the Randomized Controlled Trial?? Of which we have over a dozen that state there are no benefits of Ivermectin for COVID-19.
I know that the doctors found something that worked. I know that the scientist disagreed with the doctors, so much so they did their own studies to rebuke the doctors findings. Now all one has to do is believe the doctor or the scientist.

Old 08-25-2021, 11:52 AM

5,517 posts, read 2,406,067 times
Quote:
I know that the doctors found something that worked. I know that the scientist disagreed with the doctors, so much so they did their own studies to rebuke the doctors findings. Now all one has to do is believe the doctor or the scientist.
I know doctors that said it didn't work. So who do we believe? FYI, Anecdote is a poor way to evaluate effectiveness, confounded by placebo, regression to the mean, response bias, etc. An appeal to anecdote is a regression to the medical methods of the Middle Ages.

During the pandemic, many treatments have been promoted based on anecdote or other uncontrolled observations, most of these not panning out.

Old 08-25-2021, 01:39 PM

292 posts, read 92,565 times
Quote:
You can buy antibiotics at an aquarium store. Doesn't mean a person should take them.
Got news for ya, it is the exact same thing available at the pharmacy.

Old 08-25-2021, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
You won’t get vaccinated because you don’t know what’s in it, but you will take a horse tranquilizer you know nothing about. Google “poison control Mississippi” to find out where your idea will take you.

Then go get the shot.
Ivermectin is not a horse tranquilizer it is used to control parasites in animals. Research before you post and spread false information.

Old 08-25-2021, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
The evidence of Ivermectin working to reduce the odds of death and hospitalization is overwhelming and has been for some time. I stocked up on Ivermectin a long time ago and will use if I get the Wuhu Flu.

P.S. I also got the Fauci Ouchi because that also seems to help outcomes although the "vaccine" is not nearly as proven a safe drug as Ivermectin.
I wonder how many have died from the covid vaccine versus Ivermectin?

Old 08-25-2021, 01:48 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,596,932 times
Quote:
The part the sticks out for me are the dates of the studies --- the one in Feb that states 73% reduction was a, A matched case-control study on hospital personnel. ( India, from September to October 2020)

Others to follow after EU vaccine release ... A Randomized Clinical Trial - 2021

If it works, don't fix it ...
Quote:
So you believe one inferior matched case-control study over the gold standard in clinical research to assess the effectiveness of a drug which is the Randomized Controlled Trial?? Of which we have over a dozen that state there are no benefits of Ivermectin for COVID-19.
Quote:
Quote:
I know doctors that said it didn't work. So who do we believe? FYI, Anecdote is a poor way to evaluate effectiveness, confounded by placebo, regression to the mean, response bias, etc. An appeal to anecdote is a regression to the medical methods of the Middle Ages.

During the pandemic, many treatments have been promoted based on anecdote or other uncontrolled observations, most of these not panning out.
The doctors are not taking the WHO scientist to the mat on this because they think they haven't a leg to stand on ... that would be like a dumb thing to do, now wouldn't it.

Old 08-25-2021, 02:04 PM

Quote:
This is a flat out false statement. There is no overwhelming evidence it works.
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33278625/

Old 08-25-2021, 02:15 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,594,283 times
Quote:
An older story I previously posted:

After Mexico City introduced ivermectin plan, COVID hospitalizations and deaths disappeared

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/af...hs-disappeared
Mexico isn't doing any better than anywhere else.

https://www.worldometers.info/corona...ountry/mexico/
Moderators for US and World Forums
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies