Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2021, 07:35 PM

2,770 posts, read 2,604,192 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Its not conjecture because its factual.
No, it's your take on it.

Redlining could be classified as classism. Even that is up for debate, but thats not what we're talking about.

You still haven't provided definitive proof of laws that propagate systemic racism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2021, 07:43 PM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
People today are more enlightened and more educated. We realize that a person's skin color does not automatically grant them special powers. Just because someone has your same skin doesn't mean they aren't ab ass hole, a jerk, and criminal, a liar, a scammer, lazy, stupid, a thief, a good or a bad person.

Back in the day, Europeans had ocean sailing ships, steel swords and armor, so naturally, being uneducated in today's modern science, they just assume they had all this stuff, and the Latin American people didn't, they thought it meant white people were superior.

Old 08-21-2021, 07:47 PM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
You understand that the way zoning laws work, cities can basically force people to live in certain parts or not at all.

YOU ever wonder why in certain neighborhoods, all the houses are on giant lots of land, or why all the apartments and duplexes are on one side of town, or why some places have so few or none at all ?

Even if you dont believe its racial, its certainly legislating away the poor.
That just a form of classism. People who own million dollar homes don't want cheap ram-shackle homes or multi-family dwellings built around their estates, because it lowers their property values.

Old 08-21-2021, 07:48 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,624,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t. raleigh fingers View Post
Systemic racism was the rule in 19th century America. Even most abolitionists were believers in white supremacy. Abraham Lincoln certainly was. Even as a child growing up in the mid-20th century, I could still see plenty of evidence of systemic racism. You would have had to be blind not to see it.

Nonetheless I see that racism is no longer a much of factor. Americans largely understand now that the nation was founded up an idea, not a skin tone. Americans love each other regardless of skin tone. I offer 4 proofs of this.

1)Hate crime hoaxes. Hate Crime Hoax by sociology professor Wilfred Reilly(a black man) lists a database of over 400 hate crime hoaxes, all verified by police reports and court documents. The book was released before the case of Jussie Smollett, so that is not even included. It would have been icing on the cake.

If there was systemic racism still in the US, there would not be a need for this. There would be plenty of actual racism for the press to cover.

2)Lack of choir-boy victims, especially in cases of police violence. Why is it that virtually every high profile purported 'victim' of racial violence are thugs, druggies, and ne'er-do-wells. Michael 'hands up, don't shoot' Brown had robbed a convenience store just before being shot by police. George Floyd was a serious druggie. Jacob Blake had a history of sexual assault and domestic violence. Even Breonna Taylor, doubtless wrongfully shot in a police raid, had ties to drug dealing. She once had a dead body found in a car she had rented. The car was found with a man, shot 8 times and slumped over the steering wheel. Oops, hate when that happens!

If there were systemic racism practiced by police, there would be a slew of choir-boy victims for the press to cover. Instead they have to settle for the Mike Browns and George Floyds.

3)Identity hoaxes. Rachael Dolezal is just one example of an increasing trend. She was a woman of German and Swedish lineage who pretended to be black. There was 'Hilaria' Baldwin, wife of Alec Baldwin, who claimed to be Hispanic. She was eventually outed when she forgot to assume her Spanish accent. Her birth name was Hillary, not Hilaria. Also Sen. Elizabeth Warren, who was said to be Harvard Law School's first 'woman of color.' Granted that "person of color" is difficult to define, but a DNA test revealed Warren to be as pallorous as Dolezal.

If there were remaining systemic racism, we would not be seeing these cases of whites pretending to be 'people of color.' Obviously.

4)Our Southern border. It is estimated that 1.8 illegal aliens have crossed the southern border since Biden took office in January. These "brown people," as liberals call them, are risking their lives to enter a country that is systemically racist against them? Highly doubtful.
These are the most ridiculous examples I've ever heard but hey whatever makes your "White" Self sleep at night !

Old 08-21-2021, 07:58 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,651,768 times
Lmao at people thinking everything was all good in 1965. Like as soon as Jim Crown was abolished everyone who was spitting on Black kids and attacking Black people for wanting equality suddenly saw the light.

Old 08-21-2021, 07:58 PM

6,476 posts, read 6,449,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdaelectro View Post
Give one example where there is a law that is systemically racist.

Your answer should be brief and not one that is long-winded.
Ill pass, because youre already ready to dismiss it

Old 08-21-2021, 09:28 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t. raleigh fingers View Post
A few years back I got to meet a childhood hero of mine, a black man who played for the Chicago Cubs in the 1970s. He told me that the Cubs management forbade him from dating white women while he was on their payroll. This was the 1970s, not the 1870s. That was actual systemic racism by the Cubs.

This guy retired to the Seattle area and is married to a white woman. I got to meet her too, and she is very happy that her husband declined to comply with the Cubs.

So then, I am not one to deny the racism of the past. However, it is in decline and approaching the point of being an asymptote in 2021 in America.
One data point is meaningless.

Old 08-21-2021, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandrew5 View Post
Not quite, but nice try. Systemic racism is a complex, deep rooted, decades long issue that still very much exists. A big reason being: people keep trying say that it no longer exists...
That's not proof.

Quote:
I'd be happy to discuss why systemic racism is still very much alive, but the CD horde will make that impossible. I have one great example, but I already know what the excuse given will be. So simple answer is: no systemic racism is not dead, nor is it dying. Racism today is arguably worse than it was 20 years ago.
You have no proof just silly excuses as you play the victim card

Quote:
And youre using Rachel Dolezal as evidence. That alone makes it moot. Hopefully that didn't take too long to type.
That's not proof.

Old 08-21-2021, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
None of your four points proves systemic racism doesn't exist. In fact, studies have been done that show first time offenders, one black and one white who committed the same crime, will very often result in harsher sentencing for the black offender. That's systemic racism.

Having said that, I think people fail to point out that claims black students / people can't do certain things or can't keep up is also systemic racism.

And with the trend of college courses teaching classes that are anti-white is also an example of systemic racism.

I looked for a list of examples of systemic racism and found things like shorter life expectancy, higher infant mortality rates and more college debt on the list - none of which is systemic racism, in my opinion. The last one is particularly odd, given the fact that white students are also stuck with college debt.
Do you have any links to the bolded? First time offenders

~95% of cases are pleas bargained and settled out of court

Old 08-21-2021, 09:48 PM

6,476 posts, read 6,449,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
That's not proof.

You have no proof just silly excuses as you play the victim card

That's not proof.
I never said whether I've been a victim of systemic racism myself, but the fact you call me a victim anyways is why I'm not going to explain it to a bunch of hard right-wing white people who truly dont care to listen, and hardly believe racism has ever existed in the first place. And obviously that's not proof, no ---- sherlock.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies