Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2021, 06:15 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,071,810 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Good. It will make convincing some of the vaccine hesitant to take it much easier.

Of course, that also means mandating it will get some teeth.
Like the FDA has never gotten it wrong before? Like they’ve never recalled any previously approved vaccines/drugs?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2021, 06:22 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,519,803 times
The way that the Democrat left and the current regime have recklessly abused and ruined the reputation for trustworthiness and respect of virtually every critical public institution that the people of our nation have looked to for leadership, has been remarkably desperate and at the same time, completely reprehensible.

The supporters of the people pushing this agenda of national destruction actually appear to believe that this is a good thing. It is not, by the way.

Old 08-20-2021, 06:31 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,591,580 times
Good. People will still make an excuse not to get it but I’m tired of hearing, “But it’s not approved!!”
Moderators for US and World Forums

5,067 posts, read 2,278,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperwing View Post
From CDC:

“All states require children to be vaccinated against certain communicable diseases as a condition for school attendance. In most instances, state school vaccination laws expressly apply to both public schools and private schools with identical immunization and exemption provisions. All states also establish vaccination requirements for children as a condition for child care attendance.”

Scroll down for this info with a link to go to a specific state:

https://www.cdc.gov/phlp/publication...ationlaws.html

If the vaccination gets fully approved, why would you be hesitant? Assuming your kids are 12+.

Covid doesn’t care how much tuition costs…

Well, I hope you and yours (and those you come in contact with) stay healthy!

Edit: I thought this was about the vaccine being approved. Sorry for the confusion.
Because the risk of being hospitalized is lower than the risk of side effects from the vaccine for my 15 year old son. (According to Dr. Marty Makary - who happens to be pro-vaccine and still recommends a single dose for teens.). Both are minuscule, but still... combined with less than a year of practical administration of the vaccine for the general public, and I see no reason for my kids to take it.

7,736 posts, read 4,988,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nachofries View Post
Someone is paying someone inside the FDA to approve this no doubt………..
Yup, just how the head of the FDA approved opiate lollipops in the 90s...that ended well

Old 08-20-2021, 06:38 PM

17,795 posts, read 13,692,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
In March, 2021 , Trump said I hope everyone remembers when they’re getting the Covid vaccine, that without him, Americans would not have received a vaccine for years.

https://www.fox29.com/news/trump-tak...yone-remembers
That is what is tragically hilarious about this whole thing. If Trump were in office pimping "his" vaccine probably 85% of these vociferous anti vaxers would be on board with getting the vaccine. And it is funny that early on Trump was trying to take credit for the vaccine. And of course we'd see a faction of anti Trumpers who are currently pro vaccine be against it because it would be Trump's vaccine.

Old 08-20-2021, 06:44 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,591,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Vaccine mandates will be following shortly.

From schools to jobs to restaurants to large events, the antivaxxers are about to find themselves on the outside looking in.

It's good to see a lot of vaccine hesitant are getting onboard now. The rates of daily vaccines has been rising once again. Lots of people see the writing on the wall.
Yup. I know a lot of places who already said they will require it as soon as it’s approved. The workd is going to get much smaller for the unvaccinated.
Moderators for US and World Forums

Old 08-20-2021, 06:45 PM

1,969 posts, read 676,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Yup. I know a lot of places who already said they will require it as soon as it’s approved. The workd is going to get much smaller for the unvaccinated.
Time to stand for liberty. Florida better get ready for a stampede.

Old 08-20-2021, 06:45 PM

2,916 posts, read 1,515,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
That is what is tragically hilarious about this whole thing. If Trump were in office pimping "his" vaccine probably 85% of these vociferous anti vaxers would be on board with getting the vaccine. And it is funny that early on Trump was trying to take credit for the vaccine. And of course we'd see a faction of anti Trumpers who are currently pro vaccine be against it because it would be Trump's vaccine.
I don't think so. This topic has come up like 20 times at least. I don't care who is president - I wouldn't take the shot. And, I think a lot of people would be the same.

Honestly - if anything, we'd have MORE people taking the shot.

Running up to the election - WHO was it that said they'd never take Donald Trump's vaccine? Do you remember? Many democrats... Then, when Biden won - mirror universe.

Oh, you forgot that?

Old 08-20-2021, 06:52 PM

5,581 posts, read 2,308,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by logiatype View Post
Time to stand for liberty. Florida better get ready for a stampede.
Florida can't stop employers from mandating the vaccine. Some Florida employers already mandate the vaccine for the workers and more will do so next week when the FDA gives full approval.

The stampede right now in Florida is to the ER, mostly unvaccinated heading to the ER with Covid and the hospitals are overloaded with Covid patients.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies