Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2021, 05:54 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,886,932 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
Ok ok, maybe we should focus on finding out how the FDA can justify this. If anyone knows.

As I understand it the FDA usually has many more steps in the approval process, why, on this one, do they feel they can be so caviler.

If there is a good reason I am willing to accept it.
Are you really? Let's put that to the test.

The reason these vaccines moved through the process more quickly than others is because both Pfizer and Moderna were stacking their processes--meaning they were doing many things simultaneously rather than doing one thing, waiting until it was done, and then moving on to the next thing. For example, they were in animal trials and Phase I trials at the same time, when usually they would do one first and then move onto the next.

When a drug moves into the three phases, each phase can take up to a year or more, and there can be years between the first trial and the second. A lot of times there is an issue with funding, or with enrollment, that delays the process. In this case all three phases were planned simultaneously to prevent delays if a vaccine candidate was proven effective. I think this has revolutionized the way clinical trials will be conducted in the future.

This article answers your questions of how this process was sped up.....if you really are interested.

https://www.umms.org/coronavirus/cov.../facts/testing

But I expect you will disregard this information because it doesn't fit your antivaxx narrative. Prove me wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2021, 05:58 PM

7,360 posts, read 6,539,660 times
The fda has now officially proven themselves to be fringe pseudo-science wackjob quacks! Just like fauci, birx, and the upper echelons of the cdc.

Old 08-20-2021, 05:59 PM

7,243 posts, read 4,563,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
When a drug moves into the three phases, each phase can take up to a year or more, and there can be years between the first trial and the second. A lot of times there is an issue with funding, or with enrollment, that delays the process.
Drug? This is a vaccine. I will read it. But if this is an ultra *medicine is great* then I probably won't believe it.

Old 08-20-2021, 06:00 PM

3,085 posts, read 1,554,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aprion View Post
Well some people who wont take it now,this will "convince" them it must be safe and they can take it w/o worry...
they have the right to take care of their health the way they think appropriate. Its interesting and enlightening that they wont give me the same consideration.

Old 08-20-2021, 06:09 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,406,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetGlideSpecial View Post
Breaking News!!!!!!!!!!!! I am still not getting it.
Oh yeah, there was no logic before with anti-vaxxers - absolutely NO reason at all for FDA approval to make a difference. Funny that so many lied about THAT being the reason to not get vaccinated. Gleefully contribute to as many deaths as possible - at least it'll be other unvacc'ed people.

Old 08-20-2021, 06:11 PM

45,643 posts, read 27,260,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aprion View Post
Well some people who wont take it now,this will "convince" them it must be safe and they can take it w/o worry...
Maybe. But likely more like this...

The approval is expected to pave the way for a series of vaccination requirements by public and private organizations who were awaiting final regulatory action before implementing mandates.

Old 08-20-2021, 06:12 PM

327 posts, read 211,892 times
Someone is paying someone inside the FDA to approve this no doubt………..

Old 08-20-2021, 06:13 PM

3,085 posts, read 1,554,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Are you really? Let's put that to the test.

The reason these vaccines moved through the process more quickly than others is because both Pfizer and Moderna were stacking their processes--meaning they were doing many things simultaneously rather than doing one thing, waiting until it was done, and then moving on to the next thing. For example, they were in animal trials and Phase I trials at the same time, when usually they would do one first and then move onto the next.

When a drug moves into the three phases, each phase can take up to a year or more, and there can be years between the first trial and the second. A lot of times there is an issue with funding, or with enrollment, that delays the process. In this case all three phases were planned simultaneously to prevent delays if a vaccine candidate was proven effective. I think this has revolutionized the way clinical trials will be conducted in the future.

This article answers your questions of how this process was sped up.....if you really are interested.

https://www.umms.org/coronavirus/cov.../facts/testing

But I expect you will disregard this information because it doesn't fit your antivaxx narrative. Prove me wrong.
Here is an example about a process! Moderna was in Phase 1 trials last May when the CDC was still saying they didnt know anything about this virus. Interesting how that works. The feds gave moderna a billion dollars to develop this vaccine and moderna has the highest price of these vaccines. Then we have the rest of the dirtyness. that the CEO of The Brigham Hospital in Boston ,where one of the first trials was being conducted, sat on the board of moderna. Proceeded to sell her stock and made 3 million or more dollars. she resigns from moderna due to conflict of interest and then resigns from the Brigham and returns to Moderna's board. How many other times has this happened across the country? we dont know and they wont tell. This whole thing has been dishonest. and you think we should believe the fda about any drug? Go read the Boston Globe, a very left newspaper who did publish the story about Moderna. Got to give them some credit.

20,722 posts, read 16,406,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Williepaws View Post
Do you really think many of us are going to bow down to the fda and behave like good little sheep and get this vaccine? You take care of yourself, Ill take care of me.
Lots of you guys are dying and killing each other - I'm starting to think that's a good thing. I can't wait to get my booster so I'm even better protected against the anti-vaxxers.

1,969 posts, read 677,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCW View Post
The fda has now officially proven themselves to be fringe pseudo-science wackjob quacks! Just like fauci, birx, and the upper echelons of the cdc.
You mean this Fauci? Surprised it hasn't be scrubbed yet.
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/white...tory_b_4762295

Quote:
In Arthur Kahn’s book, Winter Wars, Larry Kramer pointed out that to get an appointment with Fauci, one didn’t call his secretary but his press officers, “who book [his] talks and interviews... like movie stars.” He could easily have advocated awareness of the preventive treatment, as the de facto federal AIDS Czar, his influence was and is enormous.
There are stories about Fauci spreading terrible miss-info regarding HIV spread but I'll look for quotes instead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies