Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2021, 10:09 AM

23,781 posts, read 14,906,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanelySternStuccoman View Post
I guess everyone is nostalgic for early 2000s paranoia. I remember being a kid and just watching 24/7 news with both Fox and CNN manufacturing fear of terrorists after 9/11. All to manufacture consent for a war we’ll be stuck in for 20 years. There was a segment where one dude was selling parachutes for people that work in high rises.

Now that I think about it. Since I was a little kid, the Middle East has always been a place we were fighting in.
My dad was deployed in Desert Storm when I was about 4, and 10 years later for the 2nd war in Iraq.
Americans have short memories compared to those who consider us invading terrorists. Couple that short memory and the desire to make money from selling armaments and we will always have a group trying to churn up a war
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2021, 10:16 AM

5,715 posts, read 15,019,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Americans have short memories compared to those who consider us invading terrorists. Couple that short memory and the desire to make money from selling armaments and we will always have a group trying to churn up a war
You're right.

I sincerely hope it doesn't come to that.

Old 08-21-2021, 10:23 AM

23,042 posts, read 12,176,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Islamic terrorists are probably loading onto any plane they can get to northern Mexico and Biden’s open borders....
Yeah, they probably did come in through Biden's* porous border, but that was then.
Now, all they have to do, and probably have done, is fill out the blank visas that Biden* was so gracious to send them.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/61731505-post10.html

Old 08-21-2021, 10:27 AM

5,985 posts, read 2,899,573 times
Sorry, but how is Biden solely responsible for Trump negotiating a failed deal with the Taliban, as well as him releasing thousands of Taliban prisoners, as well as for Bush going into an unwinnable war?

Old 08-21-2021, 10:34 AM

18,448 posts, read 9,078,849 times
The incompetence started with George W. Bush. Biden is merely continuing the tradition since then. The “War on Terror” just creates more terrorists. It’s like throwing darts at hornets nests and wondering why we keep getting stung.

The root cause for the whole problem is:

1) US support for Israel, which the Muslim world hates.
2) Dependence on Middle Eastern oil.

Get rid of both, and the religious wackos will keep to themselves. Just make sure they can’t emigrate to the Western world.

Old 08-21-2021, 10:36 AM

5,715 posts, read 15,019,666 times
Quote:
Ya, I really recommend it.

It basically shows the struggle of military personnel trying to educate Afghan people on how to police and defend themselves. The problem is a-lot of these people can’t read or write. Our least educated would be professors over there. Sounds harsh but they basically live in a different era in much of the country. Most people in Afghanistan only know survival.

Alot of people there have no concepts of things like government or infrastructure. One Marine pointed out that they had a fuel depot and explaining to people that are uneducated about the complex task of maintaining the equipment is extremely difficult.
Then there’s the corruption that higher up military officials ignored. All they wanted to see was that we had an Afghan military going. What they didn’t care to hear was that some of the people appointed to command a unit were involved in child molestation. Like literally young boys would be passed around. One Marine that was really trying to fix the situation, you can tell he was really demoralized. He genuinely cared. But the top brass wouldn’t hear any of it.

It’s not a diss on Afghan people. There were people genuinely trying to cooperate with the U.S. military to try and make a difference. It’s just that there was little vetting in whom they were appointing so the worst people would be in charge and let horrific things like child abuse go unpunished.
can't rep you again but I know what you're saying is true.

Old 08-21-2021, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Yup. That’s pretty much it.

Crazy thing is that when you got organizations such as Academy(Blackwater), they’re itching for more war. They’re the future of war because now, with troops being pulled, these private military companies can be hired by corporations to do their bidding. They can operate outside of our military’s rules of engagement.

Infact Trump pardoned some of the mercs that murdered people in Iraq. Including a little boy. They were not fired upon.

It all makes sense when you learn that Betsy DeVos, Trump’s former secretary of education, is the sidter of Erik Prince. The founder of Blackwater. You bet your a** his eyes have dollar signs right now.
IIRC, Prince had a plan to privatize the war in Afghanistan. He was all set to attend a meeting of POTUS Trump.s officials and cabinet members at Camp David and he was cancelled at the last minute. The Secretary of State was a big Prince cheerleader.

Old 08-21-2021, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
and here you are voted for Biden, the exact kind of politician you just described in your post. You do know that Biden has like 200 years in politics and he voted to invade Astan and Iraq 20 years ago, right?

I guess you voted against Trump because of his mean tweets and he's a meanie?
I voted against Trump because he never read a civics book and was a sociopath. If you've ever been screwed out of 200K by your BFF before you recognized they were a sociopath, you will always be able spot one a mile away.

Dumb me thought Biden could be controlled. But then, look at all those mainstream Republicans who thought they could control Donald Trump. Guess I'm in good company.

I did have a Trump sticker on my car back in the beginning. I still like he wants to stop anybody coming across the Mexico border. I think the Ds are nuts when it comes to any kind of immigration Roy Beck's gumball talk should be required for every newly elected member of congress. But Stephen Miller's plans were too hard for even me.

Old 08-21-2021, 11:04 AM

4,741 posts, read 2,595,505 times
the bottom line is...we lost a war with an enemy that will forever hate us, and we gave them an Army's worth of equipment..we lost a ton of credibility across the world..our world standing has just went down to the level of not seen before..the next terrorists plots are being hatched as we speak..we're screwed..

Old 08-21-2021, 11:05 AM

7,816 posts, read 4,533,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumann Koch View Post
It is fact that Biden has been wrong on EVERY international policy in his entire political career.

But now his ineptness had risen to new heights. He has allowed the Taliban in Afghanistan to regain power to pre-911 levels. And they now have the added street cred that they beat the US military, and drove them out just like they did the Russians. They now also possess billions of Dollars of the latest US military weapons and technologies. Without a doubt this will embolden the Taliban to strike US targets around the world again.

So any future US casualties due to terrorist attacks will lie squarely on Biden's shoulders.
Does that include domestic terrorists, because I think Trump already has that franchise covered.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies