Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2021, 01:28 PM

5,818 posts, read 2,671,420 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by genesiss23 View Post

Republicans need to think about the future. It doesn't look good. Millennials are at an age where you normally see a swing to the right and that hasn't happened. Their base is literally dying out. If they don't change, they will struggle by the 2030s as the boomers die out.
What are you basing that on? If anything, Repubs are more fierce these days because direct opposition, well....look at what they've screwed up so far. I don't even know where to begin with how many crises we are in. The news is so busy with other things that they've not called us all racist for a while and not tried with the white guilt BS. The democrats literally want to take inheritances away from people, anything they can. Capital gains taxes on home sales after family deaths for middle class? Dems already don't understand that gas being 50% higher is basically a tax....on the poor. Lots of poor people drive ollllld trucks and vans that get 10mpg. Lots of that around here.

Millenials are making money now finally, if you think they want to hand it over to AOC and Bernie.... that's just not happening. The poor millennials living in Mom's basement will want that all free but that's every generation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2021, 01:29 PM

7,826 posts, read 2,729,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncole1 View Post
There is no evidence of widespread electoral fraud in the 2020 presidential election.
All Trump did was undermine and continues to undermine democracy in this country. So as bad as Afghanistan is right now....and Biden DID botch this.....the resurrection of Trump is far more dangerous to this country. There is no comparison.

Old 08-21-2021, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoy64 View Post
All Trump did was undermine and continues to undermine democracy in this country. So as bad as Afghanistan is right now....and Biden DID botch this.....the resurrection of Trump is far more dangerous to this country. There is no comparison.
He's not doing anything other than shaking his head at our country being flushed down the toilet and smirking because he called all of this is is my guess. Do you know how many complaining liberals I've had to verbatim say "You wanted meanie pants gone, well he's gone. And this is what we get in his place. Don't want to hear it."

He can base his whole campaign in '24 ITYS!!! (I told you so!)

Old 08-21-2021, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njforlife92 View Post
I am not a Democrat. I voted for President Biden.

I don't regret my vote at all, nor do a majority of Americans as evidenced by the fact that Biden's approval rating remains higher than Trump's vote share.

First of all, your comments about election fraud are false. But you'll never change your mind since your corporate media handlers have influenced you, so debating you on this point is a waste of my time.

Secondly, the election of 2020 was a binary choice. Donald Trump is a racist. Donald Trump is cruel. Donald Trump is stupid. Donald Trump is an authoritarian. Donald Trump is a liar. Donald Trump is disloyal to our country. Donald Trump failed to properly respond to COVID. Donald Trump's Keynesian economic and trade policies helped weaken the economy and increase inflation. Donald Trump undermined the constitution, civil liberties, and free enterprise. Donald Trump continued foreign policy adventurism, except for in Afghanistan where he had no plan in place to properly withdrawal.

I don't regret my vote at all. I never will.

So the question really is, will I (and other former Republicans and independents who voted for Biden in 2020) support President Biden in 2024 if Donald Trump is the GOP nominee again? For me personally, unless the Libertarian Party nominates someone I really like, the answer is yes. Not as an endorsement of Biden's policies, but to defeat Donald Trump. I believe most independents and former Republicans who voted for Biden last time will do so again if the GOP nominee is Trump again.

How about if the GOP nominates someone else? Personally, I won't support anyone who continues to support Trump. For most, it depends on national conditions in three years from now. I do believe a Republican such as Ron DeSantis, Ted Cruz, or Mike Pompeo who try to sound like Trump and agree with him on virtually everything would have a difficult time in a general election. Someone like Nikki Haley or Tim Scott who have generally been supportive of Trump's policies but also have condemned some of his words and behaviors would be viable candidates if people disapprove of Biden's job performance.
Do you realize how stupid the bolded sounds? I was taking you seriously until that.

Old 08-21-2021, 01:52 PM

5,715 posts, read 15,046,738 times
Quote:

I don't regret my vote at all, nor do a majority of Americans as evidenced by the fact that Biden's approval rating remains higher than Trump's vote share.

First of all, your comments about election fraud are false. But you'll never change your mind since your corporate media handlers have influenced you, so debating you on this point is a waste of my time.

Secondly, the election of 2020 was a binary choice. Donald Trump is a racist. Donald Trump is cruel. Donald Trump is stupid. Donald Trump is an authoritarian. Donald Trump is a liar. Donald Trump is disloyal to our country. Donald Trump failed to properly respond to COVID. Donald Trump's Keynesian economic and trade policies helped weaken the economy and increase inflation. Donald Trump undermined the constitution, civil liberties, and free enterprise. Donald Trump continued foreign policy adventurism, except for in Afghanistan where he had no plan in place to properly withdrawal.

So the question really is, will I (and other former Republicans and independents who voted for Biden in 2020) support President Biden in 2024 if Donald Trump is the GOP nominee again? For me personally, unless the Libertarian Party nominates someone I really like, the answer is yes. Not as an endorsement of Biden's policies, but to defeat Donald Trump. I believe most independents and former Republicans who voted for Biden last time will do so again if the GOP nominee is Trump again.

How about if the GOP nominates someone else? Personally, I won't support anyone who continues to support Trump. For most, it depends on national conditions in three years from now. I do believe a Republican such as Ron DeSantis, Ted Cruz, or Mike Pompeo who try to sound like Trump and agree with him on virtually everything would have a difficult time in a general election. Someone like Nikki Haley or Tim Scott who have generally been supportive of Trump's policies but also have condemned some of his words and behaviors would be viable candidates if people disapprove of Biden's job performance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoy64 View Post
You're both right.

I would absolutely vote for Biden again.

Last edited by World Citizen; 08-21-2021 at 02:40 PM..

Old 08-21-2021, 02:25 PM

13,601 posts, read 4,934,489 times
Quote:

I agree with every word. There you have it, OP. I join my voice to the many others on this thread who don't regret voting for Biden. Because, even if he wasn't our favorite, it was imperative to get rid of Trump. And I will never vote for Trump or a Trumper.

But if Republicans nominate a decent person in 2024, I will consider voting GOP. Or if there is a viable 3rd party. I don't think you have to worry about Biden running in 2024 - he will be 82 - plus I doubt Trump will run again. So it will be Harris vs......who? Choose wisely this time.

Old 08-21-2021, 02:26 PM

1,203 posts, read 618,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister 7 View Post
What are you basing that on? If anything, Repubs are more fierce these days because direct opposition, well....look at what they've screwed up so far. I don't even know where to begin with how many crises we are in. The news is so busy with other things that they've not called us all racist for a while and not tried with the white guilt BS. The democrats literally want to take inheritances away from people, anything they can. Capital gains taxes on home sales after family deaths for middle class? Dems already don't understand that gas being 50% higher is basically a tax....on the poor. Lots of poor people drive ollllld trucks and vans that get 10mpg. Lots of that around here.

Millenials are making money now finally, if you think they want to hand it over to AOC and Bernie.... that's just not happening. The poor millennials living in Mom's basement will want that all free but that's every generation.
https://www.pewresearch.org/politics...ican-politics/
Millennials are the most Democratic learning generation.
https://www.pewresearch.org/social-t...en-z-so-far-2/
Gen z looks to be similar to Millennials.

Taxes do need to be raised or major cuts need to be made. Choose which one you like and understand the consequences.

The vast majority of people don't have to worry about the estate tax. When the current exemption rates expire, we will be at a level where making sure the transferability is properly recorded. Very few estates are worth $5 million. I do worry about the tax implications for the elimination of the step up provision because it's going to be all so fun dealing with capital gains on an investment from 1970.

Old 08-21-2021, 02:29 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,920,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by World Citizen View Post
You're right.

I would absolutely vote for Biden again.
You guys don’t even realize Biden is president now, Biden makes a order against generals advice and it’s Trumps fault! Lol! Biden is obviously incompetent more then Trump could ever be, but you want to blame Trump for Biden’s failures.

Old 08-21-2021, 02:29 PM

41,961 posts, read 75,205,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
So you’ve got nothing when it comes to good things Biden has done, you just like him because he isn’t someone else.
Do try to follow along; the topic of this thread is why people voted for Biden, not what they think of his presidency 7 months in. And I'd agree that many who voted for Biden did so because he wasn't Trump. Biden was not my first (or second or third) choice among the Democratic candidates, but Biden is what we got.

Old 08-21-2021, 02:34 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,920,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Do try to follow along; the topic of this thread is why people voted for Biden, not what they think of his presidency 7 months in. And I'd agree that many who voted for Biden did so because he wasn't Trump. Biden was not my first (or second or third) choice among the Democratic candidates, but Biden is what we got.
But some are blaming Trump for what Biden has done, the sad thing is Biden has only been president going on 8 months and messed up the borders and messed up big time in Afghanistan. Shudder what he will mess up before the next presidential election. No matter how many times Biden messes up, they will always find a way to blame Trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies