Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2021, 05:08 PM

37,177 posts, read 19,200,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
He wanted them out to brag at the 911 anniversary. He was hoping for kudos. Instead of thinking what's best for America he thought what was best for him. he doesnt' care about you or I.
And you think Trump does?

Wanna buy a bridge...?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2021, 06:06 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,231,444 times
No. We all know better. This stuff was supplied to the Afghans so that they could defend themselves against the Taliban and keep the freedoms they enjoyed after we left. They ran and left it all behind. These weapons will be used to fight numerous sectarian battles, insurgencies and counter-insurgencies. Afghanistan has had too much liberty, too much of a taste of western culture, for too long to simply go back to Taliban-style rule. It is a powder keg and the weapons left behind as they retreated may, in the end, bring the end of the radicals.

Old 08-22-2021, 06:12 AM

26,497 posts, read 15,074,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
And combine that with all that probably got left in Iraq.
Between the two we could have rebuilt every city, road, bridge, school, in America.....
Holy crap —- I pray there won’t be anymore ME dreadful misadventures in my lifetime.
The Middle East needs to start diversifying their economy more than they have as the world moves away from oil, because it will otherwise bring mass chaos to the region.

Old 08-22-2021, 06:29 AM

30,432 posts, read 21,255,233 times
You can thank Bush2 for this mess jess.

Old 08-22-2021, 06:58 AM

8,146 posts, read 3,676,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Thanks Joe!

You've just supplied the Taliban, ISIS, and Al Quida with enough weapons to make them a formidable opponent and allowed them to launch new terror strikes on American interests throughout the world!

600,000 weapons

200 aircraft

70,000 vehicles

This just keeps getting worse and worse.

I would think at this point most Americans would support an all out assault on Kabul (which is easily within our capabilites), free the Americans there, and recapture all of our weapons.

Allowing these terrorists to keep modern weapons which they can use on the west and capture American hostages is intolerable.
Yeah, I would say that's the absolute minimum required for a 2500 strong force

Now, back to reality, I don't know where you got your numbers from (and don't care) but you do realize that the Afghan army (equipped by the US) had almost 300k solders, right?

Old 08-22-2021, 07:06 AM

13,608 posts, read 21,394,406 times
It's painful to watch the Taliban wielding M16 and M4 rifles while rolling around in Humvee , photos and video show them just as armed with them as AK-47 now and the mass amount of UH-60 Blackhawk and MD530 helicopters they have now.

I don't blame Biden for that, any fold of the Afghan military was bound to make that happen we went there and spent 20 years bringing vast amounts of weapons and vehicles , I DO blame the Biden administration for the debacle of how we left and allowing these weapons and cash to go into Taliban hands, the Taliban control more territory than when we first went in.

I can't understand why would have given or left SAM missiles over there since the Afghan military has no need for them and I HOPE we didn't but who knows what weapons were left over there, because SAM missiles like Stingers would be a joy for terrorists.

Old 08-22-2021, 07:48 AM

4,905 posts, read 2,057,413 times
Yes, most, if not all of this equipment was given to the Afghans, by the US, who where supposed function as an Army with a Command and Control of a Central government, but when their president flees the country in the middle of the night…. Well, you get what we now have AND don’t tell me that the US military had any serious beliefs that the Afghan National Army could stand by itself and without American military advisors and face an even smaller Taliban force… The lowest ranking Private in the Army knew this was going to happen, so why were our Generals not prepared for this?

I seriously find it hard to believe that the US military senior leadership failed to have a “worse case” plan, which would have involved the destruction of most, if not all of the heavy equipment, to include their helicopters and fixed wing aircraft…. This is a no brainer…. Any Second Lieutenant or Buck Sergeant knows that you don’t leave weapons for the enemy to capture!!

No doubt that Afghanistan will return back to a terrorist training camp and launch attacks from there at targets within the Western World. Now they will have modern weapons and advance night fighting equipment.

The world is now a lot more unsafe because IMHO, this administration and the Generals/Admirals were more concerned with this fake issue of “White Rage” and other WOKE-ISM BS that they lost sight of their real and only mission…. War fighting AND planning AND preparing for the next challenge the country may face. Honesty, the whole U.S. Military’s Joint Chief of Staff needs to be replaced and with those Generals and Admirals being forced into retirement since they, IMHO, are equally as guilty as the entire Biden/Harris Administration for this epic disaster.

Combine this with our now completely open borders, the United States IS open and unguarded to another major terrorist attack on our soil… Thank you Biden and Harris.

Yes, Biden is fully responsible for the massive failure, without any doubt and yes, I’m critical on our military for paying and playing too much into politics, while forgetting that they’re supposed to be above that BS. Honestly, I’m sure many saw the U.S. Military focusing on things that they don’t need to validate, in order to prove to Biden that they’re with his new program of making the entire military into a more “progressive” force. Hell, their resent Army recruitment campaign was knee-deep in total WOKE-ISM BS. Those “commercials” were so bad that even the Generals ordered them to be taken down since they were a visible embarrassment and proof in the failed direction they were taking the Army into.

Seriously, Biden needs to retire and the entire U.S. Military Senior Leadership needs to get their collective heads out of their third-point of contact and get serious with their duty and obligations to the American people… And not just to the political class.

Last edited by bergun; 08-22-2021 at 08:02 AM..

Old 08-22-2021, 07:59 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Thanks Joe!

You've just supplied the Taliban, ISIS, and Al Quida with enough weapons to make them a formidable opponent and allowed them to launch new terror strikes on American interests throughout the world!

600,000 weapons

200 aircraft

70,000 vehicles

This just keeps getting worse and worse.

I would think at this point most Americans would support an all out assault on Kabul (which is easily within our capabilites), free the Americans there, and recapture all of our weapons.

Allowing these terrorists to keep modern weapons which they can use on the west and capture American hostages is intolerable.
You don't know if this is accurate at all.

And are you suggesting the AFghan army should have been trained but not given access to equipment and weapons?

Old 08-22-2021, 08:15 AM

21,474 posts, read 10,575,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post
I feel like alot of this stuff is all the things we supplied the afghan forces with,..who , after we left, basically abandoned them all to the Taliban.
Because we abandoned them to the Taliban. We have to continue supporting them with intelligence and air support if we want them to be in charge of billions of dollars worth of weapons. Common sense.

Old 08-22-2021, 08:24 AM

24,630 posts, read 9,458,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekker99 View Post
Don't forget to include Russia, China, and Iraq who may want 'dibs' on any advanced weaponry so they can reverse engineer it.

Cluster F......thanks Joe!
Don’t forget Pakistan, Iran, and Saudi Arabia. All of which will gladly show the Taliban how to use that aircraft and weapons.

Thanks President poopy Pants.

We literally had zero reason to fully withdrawal but we folded like a lawn chair under Talibans threats of staying past our own deadline. It’s insanely sad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies