Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2021, 04:07 PM

8,181 posts, read 2,787,126 times

Advertisements

CDC no longer has any credibility as far as I'm concerned. I wouldn't trust them farther than I can throw them, in fact, they could tell me cheese is made with milk for all I care and I wouldn't believe them.

As for the CDC, the entire CDC leadership needs to be fired, have their medical licenses stripped, and be barred for life from practicing medicine. There is no acceptable excuse for withholding material information from the public. If they did this in their daily practice with a patient, this would be potentially illegal and the patient certainly would have a very strong malpractice claim.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2021, 04:09 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,510,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by albert648 View Post
CDC no longer has any credibility as far as I'm concerned. I wouldn't trust them farther than I can throw them, in fact, they could tell me cheese is made with milk for all I care and I wouldn't believe them.

As for the CDC, the entire CDC leadership needs to be fired, have their medical licenses stripped, and be barred for life from practicing medicine. There is no acceptable excuse for withholding material information from the public. If they did this in their daily practice with a patient, this would be potentially illegal and the patient certainly would have a very strong malpractice claim.
That's right. This is a serious breech of the public trust here.

Old 08-21-2021, 04:10 PM

17,595 posts, read 6,886,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
There was a large study done by the UAB that heavily supports masking adults and children including real school data...

https://www.uab.edu/news/health/item...ad-of-covid-19

So apparently there are sources for both sides of the masking discussions. But I would also note having had a whole mess of exposure to the medical institutions in the last couple of months that virtually all have tight masking.
That study is not a randomized controlled trial. Without a control group, it is worthless, except for anti-science liberals to push their political agenda.

Old 08-21-2021, 04:16 PM

45,538 posts, read 27,139,190 times
I just wish everyone can get on the same page.

What's the goal?
  • Eradicating COVID?
  • Flattening the curve?
  • Not overwhelming the hospitals?
  • Lessening the effects of COVID?
  • Getting back to normal society?
  • Freedom?

We seem to be just nebulously floating between various goals when the political winds blow a certain way.

Old 08-21-2021, 04:18 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,330,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
That study is not a randomized controlled trial. Without a control group, it is worthless, except for anti-science liberals to push their political agenda.
From the study...

Quote:
“Because we are in a pandemic, it is difficult to perform randomized controlled trials, due to ethical reasons. However, we have strong observational data that show masks protect us and others from exposure and transmission of COVID-19 with minimal risks to the wearer,” Lee said.
Nothing wrong with reaching a conclusion from observational data.

Old 08-21-2021, 04:44 PM

6,332 posts, read 2,886,229 times
The mask debate is ridiculous. It has been known for 100 years that masks will not stop viruses. If they did the Spanish Flu would not have killed millions.

Old 08-21-2021, 05:06 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,330,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mascoma View Post
The mask debate is ridiculous. It has been known for 100 years that masks will not stop viruses. If they did the Spanish Flu would not have killed millions.
There is wide acceptance that masks work. See any doctors office or hospital. It was interesting - I did a 4 day hospital stay a couple of months ago and basically banned masks in my room. Simple reason - I am a little hard of hearing but a skilled lip reader. So to understand it helps me to have no masks. I got about 75% acceptance including all the doctors. An RN and a social worker refused. Both left. The social worker called on the phone and did her bit that way.

Old 08-21-2021, 05:08 PM

25,680 posts, read 18,764,547 times
More truth here to deny.

Old 08-21-2021, 05:12 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,510,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I just wish everyone can get on the same page.

What's the goal?
  • Eradicating COVID?
  • Flattening the curve?
  • Not overwhelming the hospitals?
  • Lessening the effects of COVID?
  • Getting back to normal society?
  • Freedom?

We seem to be just nebulously floating between various goals when the political winds blow a certain way.

There goals are none of the above.

Old 08-21-2021, 05:14 PM

9,106 posts, read 6,144,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
Of course not, I can't believe people were foolish enough to believe a snot rag or Diaper around their nose and mouth was going to stop a virus.. Its unreal how many DUMB americans there are now
I was just thinking the same thing when I read your post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies