Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2021, 05:15 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,347,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
There goals are none of the above.
"There" not in to English?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2021, 05:21 PM

18,547 posts, read 15,584,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I just wish everyone can get on the same page.

What's the goal?
  • Eradicating COVID?
  • Flattening the curve?
  • Not overwhelming the hospitals?
  • Lessening the effects of COVID?
  • Getting back to normal society?
  • Freedom?

We seem to be just nebulously floating between various goals when the political winds blow a certain way.
If you sincerely believe that everyone is even trying to get on the same page, I have some oceanfront property in Kansas to sell you.

Old 08-21-2021, 05:24 PM

12,905 posts, read 15,658,187 times
So according to the study, in the schools where children were made to wear masks, there was a 21% lower incidence of COVID transmission as compared to the schools where maks wearing was optional for children. The CDC finds that 21% lower transmission rate to be not statistically significant? That's the more surprising statement. They sound a bit confounded because there was no way to tell how much mask wearing actually occurred in the 'optional' schools. It sounds to me that they just couldn't really measure it accurately due to that. But what they could learn was that in schools were masks were mandated for children (not just the staff) there was a 21% less rate of transmission.

Old 08-21-2021, 05:32 PM

17,620 posts, read 6,908,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
Of course not, I can't believe people were foolish enough to believe a snot rag or Diaper around their nose and mouth was going to stop a virus.. Its unreal how many DUMB americans there are now
Well the usual left wing activists are still *saying* they work. I doubt they actually believe it. The useless cloth mask is a psychological treatment for them at this point, as well as their MAGA hat.

We know that Democrats elected officials know masks don’t work since they’ve all been caught violating their own mandates.

Old 08-21-2021, 06:19 PM

19,028 posts, read 27,592,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by albert648 View Post
CDC no longer has any credibility as far as I'm concerned. I wouldn't trust them farther than I can throw them, in fact, they could tell me cheese is made with milk for all I care and I wouldn't believe them.

As for the CDC, the entire CDC leadership needs to be fired, have their medical licenses stripped, and be barred for life from practicing medicine. There is no acceptable excuse for withholding material information from the public. If they did this in their daily practice with a patient, this would be potentially illegal and the patient certainly would have a very strong malpractice claim.

Oh, but there is!
It is called Greater Cause Lie.
Surprisingly widely spread concept. Used quite often.
In best Inquisition traditions (I. Loyola: Goal justifies means), it is believed by those in power that, for a greater cause, it is good to lie. Sort of comes along with general Power concept that crowd is generally dumb, uneducated, easily swayed in desired directions and simply prodded, where Power wants it to.

Old 08-21-2021, 06:23 PM

25,721 posts, read 18,797,332 times
Yeah, they work great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIau...w&index=1&t=4s

Old 08-21-2021, 07:08 PM

5,067 posts, read 2,277,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
So according to the study, in the schools where children were made to wear masks, there was a 21% lower incidence of COVID transmission as compared to the schools where maks wearing was optional for children. The CDC finds that 21% lower transmission rate to be not statistically significant? That's the more surprising statement. They sound a bit confounded because there was no way to tell how much mask wearing actually occurred in the 'optional' schools. It sounds to me that they just couldn't really measure it accurately due to that. But what they could learn was that in schools were masks were mandated for children (not just the staff) there was a 21% less rate of transmission.
It sounded to me like both sets of schools saw a 21% reduction - that optional mask use for kids didn’t change the percentage.

Old 08-21-2021, 07:11 PM

8,016 posts, read 5,858,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Shame them with their constant lies and manipulative deceptions until they are removed from power.

And this is where we wish we had an ethical media, to expose the lies on BOTH sides of the aisle. Instead, the MSM is basically an extension of the DNC's PR team.

Props to CNN, and recently, George Stephanopolous, who both seem to have had their fill of the lies coming from what is easily the worst administration in this country's history.

Old 09-08-2021, 05:42 PM

5,104 posts, read 2,050,159 times
It might be worth to bump this thread about the CDC and masks with that article.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/cdc...teachers-union

Quote:
The Biden administration tightened its masking guidance after a prominent teachers union threatened White House officials with publicly releasing harsh criticism, internal emails show.

The National Education Association sent a draft statement to White House officials that included harsh criticism of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's masking guidance, the emails show. But the teachers union ultimately published a version with a much softer tone, and the CDC clarified its guidance to indicate that everyone should be masked in schools, regardless of vaccination status.

The new emails show further coordination between the White House and teachers unions just months after reports highlighted the extent the unions had influenced the administration's messaging on school reopenings. The watchdog group Americans for Public Trust obtained the emails through a Freedom of Information Act request and provided them to Fox News.

Old 09-08-2021, 05:51 PM

3,648 posts, read 3,784,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Those appear to be mostly academicians not doctors and no particular skill set that would obviously apply to the study.
Doctors who are active in patient care depend on researchers, the academics that you dismiss, for treatment recommendations and protocols.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies