Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2021, 07:26 PM

4,968 posts, read 2,711,215 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
They should have told the military years ago to roll it up and go home --- shoot 'em if they try to follow.

You know since 2001 and we got into this mess, people said we shouldn't have. President both Bush and Obama would set withdrawal dates and something would happen and they couldn't do a follow through --- people expressed disappointment. Biden stuck to it with a no matter what attitude and now people are p? I don't get it.
Let me spell it out. It wasn't the desire to roll up and go home. It was the way that the withdrawal was handled. Pulling out the US troops before all Americans and allies were evacuated is criminal negligence. That is what this uproar is about.

Old 08-21-2021, 07:29 PM

27,142 posts, read 15,313,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Amen. We created a bloodbath by Biden's ineptitude. Our allies are properly disgusted by our actions.
This could not have been more of a disaster if it had been planned....

.....Hmm.

Old 08-21-2021, 07:30 PM

2,842 posts, read 2,328,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BusinessManIT View Post
Let me spell it out. It wasn't the desire to roll up and go home. It was the way that the withdrawal was handled. Pulling out the US troops before all Americans and allies were evacuated is criminal negligence. That is what this uproar is about.
Actually, Trump's plan was to draw down to only 2500 U.S. troops long before the evacuation was completed. At least Biden has the good sense to still have 6000 troops there. Facts are drag huh?

Old 08-21-2021, 07:31 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,070,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Waltz View Post
"Oh it's OK they used NYT as a source."

LOL NYT is not more credible than Breitbart nowadays. The old gray mare she ain't what she used to be. People are stuck in the past.
The OP is responsible for their link, including all the source stories. If someone dismisses it because it’s Breitbart, they ain’t paying attention. If someone dismisses it because it’s the NYT, they ain’t paying attention.

Read what you post. Read the link you are commenting on or don’t comment. It’s not too much to ask.

Old 08-21-2021, 07:34 PM

27,142 posts, read 15,313,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spot View Post
Actually, Trump's plan was to draw down to only 2500 U.S. troops long before the evacuation was completed. At least Biden has the good sense to still have 6000 troops there. Facts are drag huh?
That is no defense.

Trump did none of this mess, Biden did and saying otherwise is yet another lie.

Old 08-21-2021, 07:35 PM

Quote:
I wonder the same thing. Pelosi and the Dems should open an investigation into why the Trump Administration purposely delayed processing visa's for our Afghan allies. In fact, after the Trump Administration announced the withdrawal deadline the visa applications for all Afghan's basically came to a complete stop. Imagine how many more we could have saved if it weren't for the former racist Idiot in Chief and his cronies.

Cry your crocodile tears all you like, but people like you supported him and watching these poor people die was Trump's plan all along.
Last time I checked, Biden was the President. He had been for 7 months now. He still is President. For now.

Biden had and has the power to negate all of Trump's work. Why didn't he clean up Trump's mess and pave the way for a smooth and safe exit? No, this fiasco is on Biden not Trump who isn't the President anymore. There has to come a time when it becomes too unseemly to blame Trump and accept responsibility for one's own actions, especially when Biden has been in power for months now. Blaming Trump just doesn't wash anymore.

Old 08-21-2021, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Absurd. Biden is President now and owns this entire Afghanistan mess. He has the power to make things happen now, not Trump. He is in charge and has the power to make decisions. Biden blew it, and how!

Facts are indeed a drag, huh?

Old 08-21-2021, 07:40 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,626,323 times
Quote:
I guess Trump's withdrawl plan sucked just about as bad as everything else he did while in office. Don't even try to pretend that this is Biden's fault. Trump is the one who put this disaster in motion. Thank God we have adults in the White House now who can help clean up the mess left to them.

That being said, Biden should have figured that ANYTHING that Trump negotiated would be an unmitigated disaster. Biden should have completely scrapped it and started over with a real plan. I'm sure he regrets assuming that anything Trump did was remotely competent.
Jesu Christe on a lunchbox but you Bidenette leftists just can't no matter how hard you try come up with anything different to defend your neo Democrat moonbat demigod and the disciples and apostates surrounding him other than but but but TRUMP. Adults in the White House? OK, well Biden is surely an adult and it's a good thing they make adult diapers is all I've got to say regarding him.

Harris was born long enough ago to be considered an adult to bad her IQ is lower than that of a somewhat decent horse. The yammering lower primates surrounding her and Biden impress me even less. So, you're saying that Biden just kept on trucking with a Trump plan and in 8 months he just didn't have time twixt saving us from all Trumps other disasters like a decently secure border with Mexico, lowest unemployment in 50 years, energy independence lowest gas prices in over 20 years to figure out Trumps withdrawal plan was THIS flawed?

The TOS won't allow the words I'm thinking right now in regards to this blithering idiocy spewing from leftist mouths these days. Their claims of being so much higher educated, morally superior, possessing of intellect so much higher, FAR more socially conscient, "enlightened" as if by the touch of the Lord himself, and add to that "woke" which covers everything else I didn't list have gotten so bloody annoying and tiresome and have them just blowing right past how rankly IGNORANT they truly are.

Nice try there sport but no joy. Club Biden owns this one lack stock and barrel. Bought and paid for. With taxpayer money no less of course that's where they get all their money now ain't it. The left blew past Obamas failures to deliver as promised using that same old "gotta clean up the mess left by conservatives" bilge but at least Obama got by for longer than 8 months before tossing the baby out with the bathwater. My gal my son my 3 yo granddaughter my horse and my herd dog could have done a better job implementing this withdrawal of forces from Afghanistan using cinders from the campfire and scraps of bark to make notes with and draw up orders,

And promoting my dog to head of the Joint Chiefs. Seriously, get some new material. Biden didn't inherit anything from Trump and Trump did far better work and more of it despite being under constant fire from all those frigging leftist heroes in congress. Yeah. thank God (thought you lefties didn't believe in God?) the "adults" are in charge now. Where oh where would we be without them?

Old 08-21-2021, 07:52 PM

21,932 posts, read 9,498,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Anyone who thinks that the Taliban are going to let American just leave needs to quit drinking their bathwater. That was never going to happen. They have enough Americans at their disposal to demand billions in ransom money but still satisfy the Prophet by soaking the ground with blood. I'm willing to bet that they segregate the men and women, rape torture and murder them and use the men for their ransom demands. Women are worthless lower forms of life to the Taliban and those American women trapped there are an offense to their pig fornicating Prophet.

I'm feeling a rage building within me accompanied by a seething hatred such as I have never felt before. And it's all directed at the Taliban. Minus a chunk of the rage I direct at Democrats in DC and the bleating sheep who put them there. Our people, my fellow citizens, in Afghanistan have been tossed into a rattlesnake den. All of them but especially the women are going to suffer in unspeakable ways because of those people and yeah, that does a LOT more than just pi$$ me off.

And these mindless drones that still sit there and play the same excuses over and over to defend the current executive and legislative powers that hold such a slim majority in DC is like pouring vinegar mixed with salt and alcohol into an open wound topped off with a feeling of nausea induced by drinking dish soap. All we hear from those varmints is but but but TRUMP or links referring us to obscure left wing extremist media articles that just spew the same but but but TRUMP rancid vomit. I've been needing to keep an emesis bag close at hand to my computer nook. The bathroom is too far away.

I would go to the archery range and work some of this rage and frustration out picturing Taliban and leftist neo Dem wackos faces on targets but the smoke from the fires is so bad even going outside to take out the trash requires supplied air. Never before can I recall feeling the level of rage and black seething naked hatred I am feeling right now. Never...
Might be time to step away for all of it for a bit.

Old 08-21-2021, 08:11 PM

30,160 posts, read 11,789,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
From what I was able to read before the pay wall popped up and what you quoted above, the NYT didn't say Taliban was confiscating US passports, which is what Breitbart said.
NY Post says this:

Taliban seizing Afghan-American’s US passports outside Kabul airport

https://nypost.com/2021/08/20/taliba...tside-airport/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies