Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2021, 10:19 AM

15,066 posts, read 6,144,174 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Some people prefer to remain in denial.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2021, 10:27 AM

35,565 posts, read 20,909,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert9 View Post
I find myself more and more telling vaccinated people who regret getting the shots now that "I told you so"!
No because you might be one that it does not work well, but many do. The thing Is we should not let our guard down and people just not getting that. At all!

Old 08-22-2021, 10:29 AM

1,875 posts, read 1,320,369 times
Well - maybe it’s because we don’t have an actual vaccine.

Vaccines provide the body’s immune response the ability to destroy the invading element.

NO - vaccine has ever just been used so “symptoms aren’t so bad “.

Old 08-22-2021, 10:32 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,716,274 times
I could care less if someone does or does not want the vaccine. Do it or don't do it.

I got the booster this weekend and it kicked my patoot a little bit but now 24 hours later, I feel better.

Old 08-22-2021, 10:39 AM

15,066 posts, read 6,144,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eqttrdr View Post
Well - maybe it’s because we don’t have an actual vaccine.

Vaccines provide the body’s immune response the ability to destroy the invading element.

NO - vaccine has ever just been used so “symptoms aren’t so bad “.

Ummm…try the flu vaccine that many people take every year.

Old 08-22-2021, 10:40 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,912,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
This vaccinated person is not worried.
The vaccinated people I know who got Covid got extremely light cases.
More blather from Bloomberg and the rest of the media.. I am not interested in how many cases there are. Covid is killing very few vaccinated people.
But it'll sure do ya in if you are not vaccinated.
This. Vaccine manufacturers never promised 100% efficacy. They said it was highly effective against catching it and if we did, the cases would be mild. The vast majority of people catching COVID have not been vaccinated.

Old 08-22-2021, 10:44 AM

2,802 posts, read 3,847,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingMA View Post
The vaccinated person is usually the same person that lived in a cave for the last year, who didn't build their immune system. They wore a mask when it wasn't necessary. Then when they got the vaccine and were told everything was fine went out and got sick.

Meanwhile on the other front, anyone who stays somewhat healthy, didn't get the vaccine, was criticized for not wearing a mask and not following measure that make no sense, are all still healthy and fine and enjoying life. But they are still being blamed for everything.

Meanwhile those that followed our idiot health officials, are still trying to blame others and justify the decisions they made that didn't help at all. Easier to blame everyone else for their weak immune system.
Really? I’m reading about a lot of unvaccinated people who are dead and dying from delta in states like Alabama, where Trump was just booed for encouraging people to get vaccinated.

There was always a worry that a mutated strain could make the original vaccines less effective, and that has happened with Delta. After all, the vaccines were not engineered to fight the delta strain. Still, the VAST majority of those ending up in the hospital and those dying are the unvaccinated. Somewhere in the 90%+ range.

The hospitalization and death rates between the vaccinated and unvaccinated are so vastly different, and the outcomes for the vaccinated are so vastly better that trying to claim the vaccine is ineffective is like trying to say that since some people die or are injured when shot while wearing a Kevlar vest that it’s basically no better than getting shot without one.

Old 08-22-2021, 10:48 AM

417 posts, read 246,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
This. Vaccine manufacturers never promised 100% efficacy. They said it was highly effective against catching it and if we did, the cases would be mild.
AND when they stated that, it was the Alpha variant going around. We don't know how effective they are against the Delta variant (or any new variant going forward), but I'm sure it's still better than nothing.

Old 08-22-2021, 10:50 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,932,524 times
Nobody I know that is vaccinated is worried....hmmmm

I am concerned that I could still bring the Delta to my Mom who is 90 years old or my nephew who is not vaccinated. I'm not worried about getting the virus -- anymore than I am worried about getting in an accident as I buckle up.

Old 08-22-2021, 10:55 AM

6,268 posts, read 2,635,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
This. Vaccine manufacturers never promised 100% efficacy. They said it was highly effective against catching it and if we did, the cases would be mild. The vast majority of people catching COVID have not been vaccinated.
Two Half-Truths don't make a whole truth.

#1 - True the manufactures never promised 100%....they promised 95%. Yet are we still at 95%?

https://www.statnews.com/2020/11/18/...cine-fda-data/

Quote:
Pfizer and BioNTech announced Wednesday that the efficacy portion of their Covid-19 vaccine trial has been completed, showing the vaccine to prevent 95% of cases of the disease.
#2 - We don't actually know the true numbers of people who were vaccinated and "catching" COVID because the CDC is ONLY tracking vaccinated people if they end up in the hospital or die.

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-1...ugh-cases.html
Quote:
As of May 1, 2021, CDC transitioned from monitoring all reported vaccine breakthrough cases to focus on identifying and investigating only hospitalized or fatal cases due to any cause. This shift will help maximize the quailty of the data collected on cases of greatest clinical and public health importance.
So to "improve" the quality of their data they are going to ignore any data where they weren't hospitalized or fatal. And this makes sense to people?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies