Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2021, 06:51 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,230,680 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetGlideSpecial View Post
The vaccine causes more harm then good. I'll pass. I also don't like wearing masks. My body, my choice! Nobody can do anything about it.

Welcome to the pro-choice party.

Old 08-22-2021, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
Multiple links to credible sources throughout your thread showing the use of Ivermectin by human beings is nothing new or extraordinary, yet all I've seen from you are continued attacks and deflections from this simple fact which basically completely discredited both the FDA and your OP. Of course, like pretty much every medicine on the planet, Ivermectin should be taken only under the guidance of your doctor. People running off to buy the stuff by the gallon and ingesting large amounts are going to get sick and need medical attention. But the fact remains, there is evidence out there that Ivermectin, along with several other drugs can be used to successfully treat Covid 19. You seem to get the idea of "treatment" and "prevention" mixed up. No one is taking Ivermectin to "prevent" Covid 19. They are using it to treat the illness. On the flip side of that, taking a vaccine to "treat" Covid 19 does not work. This vaccine is meant to "prevent" not "treat" the virus. And it seems that it doesn't do a very good job of that either, but that's another conversation.

Com'on now, many people are taking Ivermectin to prevent Covid. Including this popular guy who just died.

Quote:

Talk radio host with COVID regrets vaccine hesitancy

He said he made the decision not to get vaccinated because he thought he probably wouldn’t die.

Phil Valentine also said that he was “taking vitamin D like crazy” and had found a doctor who agreed to prescribe ivermectin, a drug primarily used to treat parasites in animals.

Old 08-22-2021, 06:59 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,645,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Com'on now, many people are taking Ivermectin to prevent Covid. Including this popular guy who just died.
Okay...I'll play along. MOST people aren't taking Ivermectin to "prevent" Covid. Like many people, perhaps they need to do a little research before they start ingesting substances they don't understand. I myself do not watch a lot of cable news, but I will say if Fox News is recommending people take Ivermectin as a "preventative" measure then they need to stop. Ivermectin is a possible treatment, not a cure nor a preventative measure. It will not stop you from getting Covid.

Old 08-22-2021, 06:59 PM

46,267 posts, read 27,088,282 times
Quote:
Can you provide anything to back this up? You have not yet in this thread.

Old 08-22-2021, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Okay...I'll play along. MOST people aren't taking Ivermectin to "prevent" Covid. Like many people, perhaps they need to do a little research before they start ingesting substances they don't understand. I myself do not watch a lot of cable news, but I will say if Fox News is recommending people take Ivermectin as a "preventative" measure then they need to stop. Ivermectin is a possible treatment, not a cure nor a preventative measure. It will not stop you from getting Covid.
Yes!!!

Exactly what the FDA is saying.

Old 08-22-2021, 07:03 PM

46,267 posts, read 27,088,282 times
Quote:
Yes!!!

BUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT............

That's not what you said....

Quote:
Seriously??!! Some of y'all think you can eat horse dewarmer to prevent Covid??!! Fox News viewers are like my untrained puppy - every time you turn around they're doing something stupid. It's not stupid but cute like my puppy, it's just stupid period.

If you want to prevent Covid, why not go get the vaccine???!! It's literally the one thing we know that works.

I have no more words. If you think you're a cow, by all means, listen to Fox News.

Old 08-22-2021, 07:07 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,645,956 times
Quote:
Yes!!!

But saying we are not "cows" or "horse's" relays a false message that Ivermectin is not used to treat disease in humans. I would take no issues with the story if the headline had read "FDA has not approved the use of Ivermectin for treating Covid 19" because that would have been absolutely true and would not have made it seem like the drug is only used to deworm farm animals. Honestly, I think I'm just sick of the spin that seems to be placed on every bit of news we see these days. I long for the day when simple, straight, and honest reporting of absolutely factual information becomes the norm.

Old 08-22-2021, 07:16 PM

2,916 posts, read 1,514,935 times
Quote:
Ivermectin is a possible treatment, not a cure nor a preventative measure. It will not stop you from getting Covid.
That's not true. I was prescribed it as a preventive by a doctor. The doctor is prescribing it to many people in the medical field as a preventive as well. In fact, that's how I found out about it.

You need to do more research before you say such things.

The doctor told me that no one she has prescribed it to has caught covid. And, these are people in the medical field who don't want to take the shot

Old 08-22-2021, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Can you provide anything to back this up? You have not yet in this thread.
I literally posted it in the same post you replied to.

Old 08-22-2021, 07:27 PM

This is the Fox News bit and the show that suggests Ivermectin can treat Covid.

This is what doctors are saying.

Quote:

‘We have to let it go’ - Doctors say Ivermectin will not help treat COVID-19

Dr. O’Neal says, while Ivermectin does have some antiviral properties, the latest studies show it doesn’t work against the coronavirus. “Through the Spring we got better data. That says it doesn’t. So, now we have to let it go. We’ve tried lots of things during this pandemic, some have worked, some have not. Ivermectin doesn’t work,” said Dr. O’Neal. Dr. Aldo Russo over at Ochsner Baton Rouge agrees. “It appeared to have some sort of effect on the virus in-vitro, meaning in the lab. Now when the research continued in humans with COVID-19, the medication was not beneficial at all,” said Dr. Aldo Russo, Regional Medical Director for Ochsner Baton Rouge.

62-year-old Louisiana resident Darleen Asevedo died Saturday while struggling with the coronavirus from home. Her daughter, Kortney, says her mom was not vaccinated and was taking Ivermectin. “You’re seeing patients with COVID-19 come into your hospital, saying they used Ivermectin as a treatment?” questioned Lester Duhe’. “Yeah, over the past 20 months, we have seen people that have taken Ivermectin that was prescribed to animals, and try to use it to prevent or even treat COVID,” said Dr. Russo. These doctors say getting the shot is your best protection against COVID for now. “It is the saddest thing to have somebody come in and say, but I was taking my Ivermectin. And have to admit them to a hospital, put them on a breathing machine, when we have great prevention. And that is the vaccine,” said Dr. Russo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies