Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2021, 11:35 AM

6,829 posts, read 2,117,583 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
No, people don't get to make bad choices when that choice consumes an ICU bed for weeks or months, leaving others to die because they can't get a bed.
Just about everyone at one point or the other ends up on a ICU bed.

Last edited by GoldenPineTree; 12-03-2021 at 12:00 PM..

Old 12-03-2021, 11:49 AM

8,851 posts, read 5,873,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Many in their 50's have passed on . I used to follow the ages and 50's can also be hard to overcome this virus from Communist hell.
Yes, if you are 50 you are certainly at an increased risk for COVID morbidity. Thankfully, with vaccines, 50+ and even the older age groups, like 65+ are fairing much better should they get infected.

I’m 40, in good shape (run/exercise daily, eat pretty healthy), but I still would not dare go unvaccinated. Prior to vaccines, while statically rare, there were still plenty of very young people dying from COVID, that I would never risk it. Even if you don’t die from it, from the few people I know who got it, it sounds like a terrible experience with unknown long-term effects. Why not give yourself all the protection possible and get vaccinated?????

Old 12-03-2021, 11:59 AM

5,792 posts, read 5,107,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
I don't know who you were replying to, but to say the vaxxed do not get sick is inaccurate. They not only get sick, but they also die.
At best, you can say they are less likely to be hospitalized and die, but they are in fact getting hospitalized and are dying.

As to it not being an experimental vaccine, technically the mRNA shots are not even a vaccine, much less the fact it need EUA to be distributed.
Operation Warp Speed brought it to market in lightning speed without all the trials/testing typically associated with vaccines.
As you may or may not know, the average time it takes from beginning to end of a vaccine, is 7 years.

Lastly, we should not be demonizing anyone during this pandemic, and I have been trying to spread that message. Take a look at this thread I started, and the video in it;

https://www.city-data.com/forum/poli...ng-having.html

However we should be putting blame where it belongs, with the Communist Chinese Party.
But I thought this disease was a hoax.....so how can you blame anyone for causing it, in any shape or form? Or better yet, why don't you try blaming it on Trump for allowing this crap to spread so much, and blaming the American people for not having the civic responsibility to do what's good the group/nation but instead selfishly trying to protect their supposed individual rights in the face of a pandemic.

Covid, regardless of how and where it began, is a mirror that clearly reflects the ability or inability of a society to deal with a crisis like this. Whether this came from a lab, a bat, a red headed girl or a Martian tripad, the fact and the truth are that it was and is the American society, the American people and the American government who failed to regulate themselves and work together to stop it. So BS with your blame. No one is responsible for protecting Americans except for Americans themselves.

Old 12-03-2021, 12:05 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,945,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
Yes, if you are 50 you are certainly at an increased risk for COVID morbidity. Thankfully, with vaccines, 50+ and even the older age groups, like 65+ are fairing much better should they get infected.

I’m 40, in good shape (run/exercise daily, eat pretty healthy), but I still would not dare go unvaccinated. Prior to vaccines, while statically rare, there were still plenty of very young people dying from COVID, that I would never risk it. Even if you don’t die from it, from the few people I know who got it, it sounds like a terrible experience with unknown long-term effects. Why not give yourself all the protection possible and get vaccinated?????
You are more likely to die in a car crash than from COVID.

I assume you don't drive, don't ride in cars and stay away from cars in every why possible to ensure you are not in an active car crash, hit by a car, or are a passenger in a car crash.

Why not give yourself all the protection possible and just say no to CARS?????

Old 12-03-2021, 12:10 PM

5,792 posts, read 5,107,619 times
Why all this fear of the vaccine? It's free and it's easy to get. Just get the freaking shot for pete's sake. Nobody is going to steal your brain or your soul and you will not become a robot and glow purple because of a vaccine shot.

Old 12-03-2021, 12:13 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,945,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
Why all this fear of the vaccine? It's free and it's easy to get. Just get the freaking shot for pete's sake. Nobody is going to steal your brain or your soul and you will not become a robot and glow purple because of a vaccine shot.
Why all this fear of COVID?

You are more likely to die in a car accident.

Why are you so concerned about everybody else? Your vaccine protects YOU, right? You don't get to make decisions for other people.

You do you. Get 400 boosters if you want. You probably could get 1 or 2 each day, just hit up every Walgreens, CVS, WalMart and Target in a 100-mile radius.

If someone doesn't want it, it's none of YOUR business.

Old 12-03-2021, 12:32 PM

13,258 posts, read 7,312,118 times
Kind of Amusing that radio show host went out of their way to convince their listeners not to vaccinate and then they died from Coivd. Maybe they should mind their own business and stop telling 1000's of people on a radio show to not get a vaccine.

Old 12-03-2021, 12:36 PM

8,016 posts, read 5,859,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
Antknee Fowchee, is dat 'chu?

Old 12-03-2021, 12:49 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,161,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Robert David Steele: Old and fat.

Caleb Wallace: fat

Pressley Struts: old

Bob Enyart: old and fat

Dick Ferrel: old, not exactly slim

Phil Valentine: old

Marc Bernier: old

So, you're telling me that old people, fat people, and old and fat people died due to poor health?

I'm so shocked.

We all know that obesity and age is a driving factor in death.

Everyone also knows that those who 'die from Covid' are mainly old people, fat people, and old and fat people.

That still does not warrant destroying the lives of everyone else, does not warrant lock downs, does not warrant masks, does not warrant forced jabs for those who are not old, fat, or old and fat.

Whatever your point was supposed to be, it failed.
So, old and fat people do not count? Their lives are not worthy of protection?

Others you are not interested in inconveniencing yourself for, are the immunosuppressed, the unhealthy, those with breathing disorders, those with advancing disease. I mean, as long as you and yours have youth and good health, others don’t matter. Right?

A lot of talk radio jocks are older, and apparently overweight. It kind of goes with the territory.

Old 12-03-2021, 12:52 PM

292 posts, read 92,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timonium View Post
I'm a republican.

It's sad he died, but it's sad that he was an idiot calling it a hoax and being so anti-vax
Look, I don't deny covid exists, I just feel that the news media is/has blown it way out of proportion for some underlying/underhanded reason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies