Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2021, 06:50 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,845,536 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
I don't get my news from pseudoscience websites. I'm still amused that a talk show host who claimed covid was fake promoted antivaccine, and anti-mask rhetoric to his listeners died from covid. Probably his death saved someone else life they went out got the vaccine.
Ah, the 'I only get my news from 1 source - AKA facts don't matter' response. Because ignorance is super fun. "I don't care if someone is hurt" defense.

The fact that anyone thinks it's funny that someone died is disgusting. Truly.

No sympathy for those hurt or killed by the vaccine? You DO know about that, right? Meh, probably not reported on your 'approved website' list.

Also known as the Scientology approach to news. Only what's approved. Look no further.

Old 12-04-2021, 06:54 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,845,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
None, but sometimes people with covid hopelessly die in the ICUs of small-town hospitals, because they develop complications and need moved for specialized treatment in an urban hospital but are denied from all urban ICUs are full is about as bad.
How often has this happened?

Specifically: The poster claimed this was occurring frequently that only UNVACCINATED patients with COVID were hogging all the ICU beds and all the vaccinated patients were dying because of it. Which makes no sense on multiple levels if the 'logic' is continued throughout the accusation.

Lies, lies, and more lies. Should be the title of the COVID years.

Old 12-04-2021, 09:21 AM

15,086 posts, read 7,138,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by albert648 View Post
If the medical profession can't figure it out with a blank check from the government for two years, that's on them. And I'm not waiting around for them to get their **** together.

But for one - stop firing perfectly qualified doctors for refusing the vax.

As for getting a load of crap - the government gets crap from people all the time for all sorts of things, and they had to get rid of a temporary hospital because it was unpopular?
The hospital was dismantled because the surge never became as large as other agencies predicted. The people who hate government spending then went nuts about "wasting money".

A health care professional who refuses vaccination without having a medical reason is too stupid to be allowed to practice, and should lose their license forever. I suppose you would be happy to be treated by the medical professional version of Typhoid Mary.

Old 12-04-2021, 09:24 AM

8,181 posts, read 2,748,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
The hospital was dismantled because the surge never became as large as other agencies predicted. The people who hate government spending then went nuts about "wasting money".

A health care professional who refuses vaccination without having a medical reason is too stupid to be allowed to practice, and should lose their license forever. I suppose you would be happy to be treated by the medical professional version of Typhoid Mary.
Exaggeration much? The vax works, right? Then what the **** are you worried about? Someone's personal medical decisions are none of my business and has no bearing on their ability to do their job.

The covid paranoia is disgusting.

And Newsflash: You don't get to fire doctors and nurses, and in the same breath, scream about a public health emergency and hospital capacity. If it's an "emergency" then we need every doctor we can get our hands on.

The Covid Industrial Complex(TM) has proven that government is not to be trusted under any circumstances, particularly when it's sounding alarm bells about some sort of "emergency".

Old 12-04-2021, 09:31 AM

9,500 posts, read 2,888,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post

You know that a vaccinated person can still spread covid, if you honestly believe the vaccine works you wouldn’t care. I’m not worried about anyone who hasn’t been vaccinated for polio because I have.

Old 12-04-2021, 10:24 AM

8,766 posts, read 4,432,494 times
Time for some real US data from a reliable source:

>466 million doses of vaccines safely delivered
>75% of the 5 and over population have at least one jab
>99% of the 65 and over population have at least on jab
>198 million are fully vaxxed
>783 thousand deaths from Covid

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tra...min-rate-total

Old 12-04-2021, 10:26 AM

6,829 posts, read 2,093,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye77 View Post

CDC is a garbage organization that has been caught lying so many times I give them 1 trillion Pinocchio’s. There is no point in quoting their data.

Old 12-04-2021, 10:28 AM

Quote:

The only thing the Federal Government is reliable at is wasting our money. In every other context, our Federal Government and reliable are mutually exclusive.

Old 12-04-2021, 10:33 AM

8,766 posts, read 4,432,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
CDC is a garbage organization that has been caught lying so many times I give them 1 trillion Pinocchio’s. There is no point in quoting their data.
Quote:
Originally Posted by albert648 View Post
The only thing the Federal Government is reliable at is wasting our money. In every other context, our Federal Government and reliable are mutually exclusive.
lol - I recall a TV show from my youth that referred to "comments from the Peanut Gallery". Neither of you can disprove a single number from the CDC. Links to "bitchute" and similar sources only illustrate the paucity of your information.

Have a nice day.

Old 12-04-2021, 10:35 AM

Quote:
lol - I recall a TV show from my youth that referred to "comments from the Peanut Gallery". Neither of you can disprove a single number from the CDC. Links to "bitchute" and similar sources only illustrate the paucity of your information.

Have a nice day.
The CDC itself said the case count is understated by a factor of 3. Its own director has no idea how many of its own employees are vaxxed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies