Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2021, 08:19 AM

25,557 posts, read 17,256,908 times

Advertisements

If the fatality rate were 25% I think it would change everyone's behavior. The anti-vaxxers would rapidly disappear, becoming either converts to vaxers or fatalities of covid. It usually only takes one death in a family to convert everyone.

Me? .......... I got vaccinated as soon as I could. I don't take many precautions now, but I do take a few. So other than having to live in a world where commerce has come to a near stop () I don't think 25% would change my behavior.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2021, 09:15 AM

1,162 posts, read 456,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCSweettea View Post
I do believe we will see a 25 to 30% death rate if not higher from Covid. And I do believe it will be those who took the vaccine that will see that high rate. I could scientifically explain it to you once again as I’ve tried to do many times but I don’t have the energy right now. I don’t think original poster your question will be hypothetical in the near future I just think it will be twisted and how it comes about.

If you watch closely at the statistics in different hot pockets around the country and the world you can see the flip underway as we speak. It’ll come like a big title wave with a new variant hitting at the same time the vast majority of people are finally vaccinated. The people who are vaccinated trained their immune system to look for something else other than what is coming. It will walk right through and run people over.

That’s my prediction and I’m standing by it.
Most people in the southeast that are in the hospital are not vaccinated. You are funny

Old 08-23-2021, 09:22 AM

30,251 posts, read 23,719,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
I'm just curious, trying to figure it all out...

PLEASE keep comments on topic, and try to refrain from attacking me or other responders. Let's see if we can create some kind of consensus of opinion worth reading and possibly even learning from.

So... would you do anything different if covid killed 25% (50% 75% ??) and/or left a large percent of survivors with long term debilities?

If so, what would you do to mitigate your risk?

Would you support an extended "total" lockdown? I mean nobody leaves home, except for emergency personnel. Military air drops of MRE rations or food tossed onto your driveway, or left outside your apt by folks in hazmat suits.

Do you think even several months of absolute lockdown would burn this out?
(We are talking 25% plus fatal, not the current 1-2%.)

Even if massive food shortages and/or scavanger crime resulted? And how should society react to that?

Even if it caused massive economic devestation that might take decades to recover?

Would you self impose isolation? How long?

Would you support euthenasia of the infected? Just in case?

How would you justify it? By that I mean, you start coughing and someone gives you the "Walking Dead" solution? "Oops, he just swallowed wrong and choked... oh well, too late."

What would happen to the world economy, and even our ability to feed the population if there were massive fatalities of 1-2 Billion people?

At what point could population reduction cascade into an extermination event.? 25%? 50%? 90?

How much chance do you think of this or another disease reaching such levels?

And finally, where do we go from here?

Oh, and when do YOU think the worst of the current virus, might pass?

Opinions please.
I would do what I've been doing.

And instead of stupid tweets saying, 'losing weight and getting into shape is too hard, just get the vaccine', (yes, I actually read that just a few minutes ago when I was looking up something else. Had I know this thread was here, I would have copied/pasted the link.):

I would ENCOURAGE people to get healthy, as I've been doing.

I would ENCOURAGE people to get outside in the sunshine and fresh air, as I've been doing.

I would wish that those who could work from home, would continue to work from home.

I would wish that school children would have a choice to either go to school, or continue with the Zoom classes. Why does it have to be one or the other? The teachers were still working. If the parents want to keep their kids home, then let them, while still getting school. We do it for colleges, but can't seem to figure it out for school kids?

I would encourage people to get their Vit D and Zinc and other vitamins and minerals, as I have been doing.

I would encourage people to actually look things up for themselves, instead of relying on a media that is only concerned about how much money they can make off of getting people to watch them non stop, as I have been doing.

I would encourage people to wash their hands way more than they are right now, as I have been doing.

I would encourage people to keep their damn distance, that no, your dumb mask doesn't cut it, no, the 'vaccine' is NOT protecting you from it, or spreading it, as I have been doing.

I would NOT encourage lock downs, but would encourage those who are fearful that there are people out there who will bring them their groceries, who will bring them their restaurant food, who will bring them their goods that they ordered. They don't have to be out in public if they are fearful.

I would do nothing different than I have been doing.

Old 08-23-2021, 09:41 AM

7,342 posts, read 3,514,319 times
Save every life. The people love baby safety products like those table corner guards so little Conner doesn’t get a boo boo. We have extended that same mentally to the entire population. Government loves to solve problems it created. People love government.

Old 08-23-2021, 09:48 AM

11,221 posts, read 8,292,938 times
OP, yes, I would do things differently if the risks were that much greater. (I already do a lot, I'm vaxed, for instance). But if the infection rates or consequences were that much greater, it would impact how much risk I would be willing to take. Right now, I still go out and live my life, and take what precautions I can, based on current risk levels. If they were greater, it would change my behavior. (I can't imagine any other answer to your question.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
10-30% of people who had COVID end up with long COVID. It has taken hundreds of thousands in the US alone either out of the workforce or limited their ability to be productive.

But that doesn't make a convincing argument when telling people not to get vaccinated and swinging the real, but rare, vaccine injuries around so no one talks about it.
While I agree with your position, you can't expect people to take you seriously when you quote stats like
"10-30%". That is clearly not a valid stat. Just saying. If you are going to quote something like that, give a number, with a valid range of error, and source it.

I support your position, but really, you have to do better than that!

Old 08-23-2021, 09:54 AM

1,162 posts, read 456,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCSweettea View Post
Almost seems a little too perfect now doesn’t it? Especially when it keeps mutating itself into a variant that is much more virulent than the last. Almost a little too perfect as in it’s being designed that way perhaps? You know like engineered. Just sayin!
I bet you believe we didn't land on the moon and that 9-11 was an inside job

Old 08-23-2021, 10:09 AM

3,536 posts, read 2,856,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Most people predicting high death rates later on due to the effects of the vaccines are crackpots, who don't know what they're talking about and when proven wrong should be subject to civil lawsuits from making people too fearful of getting vaccinated and later got very ill or died from covid. To name a notorious public commentator among those who will most need sued--Alex Jones.

On Sunday, my local hospital was full and 26 out of 26 covid patients were NOT vaccinated!
Can we also sue Biden, harris, and the whole laundry list of dems that said they would not get a vaccine pushed through during the Trump administration? Asking for a friend.

Old 08-23-2021, 10:19 AM

11,221 posts, read 8,292,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrat View Post
Can we also sue Biden, harris, and the whole laundry list of dems that said they would not get a vaccine pushed through during the Trump administration? Asking for a friend.
Sue them for being accurate? That is the most honest thing a Trump supporter has ever admitted. You all hate the truth!

If you want to sue Biden for something, how about suing him for saying he would be different from Trump, and then following Trump's plan TO THE LETTER for abandoning Afghanistan. Sue him for not adjusting the plan, after Trump had negotiated the release of all the Taliban prisoners, so they could take the country back. Biden should have known better. Even if he didn't have the facts, he should have noticed that Trump had his hands on this, and everything Trump touches fails. All Biden had to do was implement his own plan, like they did with the vax, and the outcome would have been (at least) 'better'.

Old 08-23-2021, 10:21 AM

7,234 posts, read 4,542,662 times
Absolutely. What is so disappointing to me is that I make all my decisions with logic and reason.

So in deciding about the vaccine I did the math about the pros v. cons.

In the end, it didn't make sense to get the vaccine and so, I am not.

Then the government and emotional illogical Karens took over.

Old 08-23-2021, 10:42 AM

23,534 posts, read 17,208,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
I'm just curious, trying to figure it all out...

PLEASE keep comments on topic, and try to refrain from attacking me or other responders. Let's see if we can create some kind of consensus of opinion worth reading and possibly even learning from.

So... would you do anything different if covid killed 25% (50% 75% ??) and/or left a large percent of survivors with long term debilities?

If so, what would you do to mitigate your risk?

Would you support an extended "total" lockdown? I mean nobody leaves home, except for emergency personnel. Military air drops of MRE rations or food tossed onto your driveway, or left outside your apt by folks in hazmat suits.

Do you think even several months of absolute lockdown would burn this out?
(We are talking 25% plus fatal, not the current 1-2%.)

Even if massive food shortages and/or scavanger crime resulted? And how should society react to that?

Even if it caused massive economic devestation that might take decades to recover?

Would you self impose isolation? How long?

Would you support euthenasia of the infected? Just in case?

How would you justify it? By that I mean, you start coughing and someone gives you the "Walking Dead" solution? "Oops, he just swallowed wrong and choked... oh well, too late."

What would happen to the world economy, and even our ability to feed the population if there were massive fatalities of 1-2 Billion people?

At what point could population reduction cascade into an extermination event.? 25%? 50%? 90?

How much chance do you think of this or another disease reaching such levels?

And finally, where do we go from here?

Oh, and when do YOU think the worst of the current virus, might pass?

Opinions please.
first off we do not have accurate covid numbers and probably never will because of politics, misleading information by the media and politicians, government reimbursement and insurance coverage.

Flu disappeared form the face of the earth and it was not due to mask wearing and staying home.

Ask the health professionals why they refuse to take the unapproved vaccines?

Makes no public health sense to divide the population between vaccinated and unvaccinated.... the question is who has antibodies and who does not.

How many who had covid got the vaccine???

Add in covid instance with vaccines and the herd immunity has to be long ago achieved.

Who is going to provide accurate per cent of death rate when the data used to compile such statistics is corrupt.

Clinical research demands accurate data collection on which to base conclusions. we DO NOT have accurate data!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How many angels can dance onthe head of a pin is the equivalent question of % of deaths from covid

these are critical to get a handle on the virus and instead we get scare tactics from the media and government making covid facts lost in the political narratives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies