Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2021, 06:49 PM

9,049 posts, read 3,497,170 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman99 View Post
Vaccine mandates will open things back up...will happen soon. Aussie Aussie Aussie oi oi oi
No Vaccine mandates in Australia. There is a very clear national plan for the end of any lockdowns at 70% and 80% vaccination rate for those that chose to avail themselves of the vaccine.

Fortunately the vaccination rate is now at a fantastic pace with over 1.8 million getting the shot in the last 7 days. Per capita that is better than the best weeks of the US or the UK at any point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2021, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Australia is really totalitarian. Didn't the confiscate all the guns, too?
No. There millions of guns legally in the population. More now than than at the point of the gun buy back program which only targeted certain firearms.

I have 3 in my house right now.

Don't listen to the NRA or any American gun nut in relation to guns in Australia, they are lying to you.

Old 08-22-2021, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
You never did reply to the post you made about three children dying in Australia after being FORCED to take vaccine (on the 57 physicians thread). I asked for a link after I posted a link showing your assertion to be FALSE.

Until you post a link to your assertion in this thread, I am not going to believe you.
No element of his post was correct. No one was forced to be vaccinated and no one died. He is a liar.

Old 08-22-2021, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
If it happened here a whole lot of people would be in a world of hurt. Perhaps that is exactly what we need to nip this developing leftist police state in the bud. The trucking industry is THE most important industry to our modern lifestyle. There is very little local and regional industry in the US in most of the nation. A few days without trucks and supplies would run out. And unless you are an Amish community or something into prepping, your stomach would start growling very quickly.
It wont happen because it is a lie. There is no mandated vaccine requirement for the trucking industry in Australia.
https://bigrigs.com.au/index.php/202...or-queensland/

Old 08-22-2021, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justus978 View Post
...no, the government did not confiscate the guns...
...the upstanding, obedient, short sighted, virtue signaling citizens, 'relinquished' their fire arms voluntarily when they were oh so politely asked by the same government that today is terrorizing said citizenry...take heed...
Did the NRA tell you that lol?

Old 08-22-2021, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben young View Post
Your allowed to have freedom ,BUT not too much freedom.
Kind of like my dog with a shock collar.
Most Australians don't equate freedom with how many rounds their gun can fire.

Most equate freedom with not having to worry that every person you walk by is a gun nut.

Old 08-22-2021, 07:02 PM

Quote:
...i'm sure you a quite correct and i have no reason to doubt what you say...

...however, i would humbly assert that the "bottom line" , in reference to gun ownership, is what you are witnessing in Oz at the moment..
Given there are far more guns in Australia now, than at the point of the buyback, what is the point you think you are making?

Old 08-22-2021, 07:09 PM

1,334 posts, read 2,983,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
You stop deliveries from those big rigs for just one week - everything gets really, really bad.

+1

It would be a real eye opener if the truckers did go through with it. I could see it catching on here also.

Old 08-22-2021, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone28 View Post
+1

It would be a real eye opener if the truckers did go through with it. I could see it catching on here also.
Why would they go through with it? There is no vaccine requirement. Do you think they are stupid?

Old 08-22-2021, 10:13 PM

26,916 posts, read 15,124,164 times
Quote:
...no, the government did not confiscate the guns...
...the upstanding, obedient, short sighted, virtue signaling citizens, 'relinquished' their fire arms voluntarily when they were oh so politely asked by the same government that today is terrorizing said citizenry...take heed...
Always bring the same result.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies