Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2021, 12:30 PM

2,335 posts, read 809,120 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
I (a supporter of vaccinating) agree with you 100%, and I said so in my first post in this discussion.

Just to say, there are reasonable people on all sides of this debate, just like there are completely unreasonable people, on all sides of it.
Yes there are, but sadly you will find most outside of the social media world (where you seem to just get fanatics that think insulting others is the way to have a conversation)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2021, 12:33 PM

5,187 posts, read 4,640,800 times
I think if you get the vaccine and have a bad permanent side effect, you are just genetically inferior. I'm sorry but that's the truth.

Old 08-23-2021, 12:34 PM

12,265 posts, read 6,425,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
I (a supporter of vaccinating) agree with you 100%, and I said so in my first post in this discussion.

Just to say, there are reasonable people on all sides of this debate, just like there are completely unreasonable people, on all sides of it.
Was Typhoid Mary reasonable? Businesses are starting to step up and demand to see proof of vaccination before you enter their premises. Whatever it takes.

Old 08-23-2021, 12:40 PM
bu2

23,924 posts, read 14,720,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
Well don't put it off because of that. I just had it done and they no longer require you to stick it up to your brain. You just put it in the regular nose area. I did it myself. No need to have anyone clean out my nose.

Not sure the community testing is offered -- haven't seen it in a while.
https://www.realclearscience.com/art...es_791050.html

I posted this article in a separate thread. Its a good read if you are concerned about the vaccine. Doctor recommends it, but tells the truth about how effective it is.

I think these types of rules would get thrown out in court, but who has the time and money to fight it in court?

Old 08-23-2021, 12:45 PM

11,202 posts, read 8,247,940 times
Quote:
Well don't put it off because of that. I just had it done and they no longer require you to stick it up to your brain. You just put it in the regular nose area. I did it myself. No need to have anyone clean out my nose.

Not sure the community testing is offered -- haven't seen it in a while.
Arya, do a google search of "Free COVID testing near me". This is what I got for the Raleigh, NC area (Where I live, I don't know where you live):

https://www.wakegov.com/covid-19-inf...vid-19-testing

It says:
WAKE COUNTY TESTING SITES NOW OPEN 6 DAYS/WEEK, 7 A.M.–7 P.M.!
These Wake County testing locations are open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., Monday through Saturday:

Wake County Southern Regional Center, 130 N. Judd Parkway NE, Fuquay-Varina
Wake County Northern Regional Center, 350 E. Holding Ave., Wake Forest
Wake County Eastern Regional Center, 1002 Dogwood Drive, Zebulon
Vision Church RDU Parking Lot, 5808 Departure Drive, Raleigh
Wake County Health & Human Services Center Parking Lot, 2845 Kidd Road, Raleigh

There is no cost, no ID required and no appointments necessary. All sites use self-administered PCR tests, which are painless and require people to swab just inside their nose. Results should come back within 12–24 hours. Walk-ups are welcome at all of our drive-thru testing sites!

Old 08-23-2021, 02:17 PM

35,444 posts, read 20,820,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel Calzadilla View Post
Whoever lives without fear, is ready to die without fear of death.

So that they will know it in advance and do not take anyone by surprise my absolute and definitive decision of my own life:
I, angel calzadilla, the subscriber, am willing to die only when the creator and giver of life who is God the eternal and infinite universal spirit of creation considers it, but i am not willing to die by some government mandate delivering authorities and institutions that, in exchange of power, control and wealth, intend to control us by inserting a devil preparation into our organism.
With this I affirm, that i do not submit to the mandate or allow any kind of inoculation in my body. I am the sole owner of my body with my organs and brain included and no one or any entity has that constitutional right or by tyranny that appropries the imposition of rules and laws.
Only on my corpse will they be able to inoculate something in me, and if i have to die in that way defending my absolute right granted by God, then in that way I will die according to my dignity and my decorum.
Hey God said don’t tempt Him, but, I am not worried about you as who you might infect. Are you will to stay quarantined until COVID-19 is in control ?? Can you guarantee you will not injure anyone because you may possibly be a carrier ?

Old 08-23-2021, 02:25 PM

17,156 posts, read 12,891,961 times
Quote:
This Friday August 27th is the deadline for me to submit my affirmation about being vaccinated.

I am unsure about a few of the processes.

1. I don't want to admit that I am not vaccinated. I can just not submit the form but I think he language of the policy was that I shall fill out and return the form. So is that now a condition of employment? So I considered just adding an option that I decline to answer due to privacy reasons or some such. Should I just admit it? Had I ever thought this policy would be in effect I would have been a greater lier. My boss came out and asked me in March and I was so obviously caught off guard he presumed. The policy provides that they can request proof of vaccination randomly.

2. The policy specifically states that covid tests will be at my own cost, but also declines to state exactly what kind of tests will suffice. I have recently learned that insurance does NOT have to pay for the tests for "routine" testing. And at the same time I got a scary EOB that I can't make out from my insurance stating that they paid $150 for a test (but also saying I owed 150). What are my options if my insurance won't pay. The cost for 2x per week covid PCR testing will be 16K for a year.

3. What will be the effect of the FDA approval? Will that mean then that employers can straight up require it without the testing frequently option?

Thanks for info you can provide.
I don't know what this post means. We are not your employer and don't know what your employer's form says so any information we give you about your employer's vaccine and documentation requirements would be sheer speculation. My employer mandated it way back in January, before anyone else but I am a traveling healthcare worker. I wasn't happy about it, but it was easier to get the shot than another job.

Old 08-23-2021, 02:47 PM

2,974 posts, read 1,975,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Hey God said don’t tempt Him, but, I am not worried about you as who you might infect. Are you will to stay quarantined until COVID-19 is in control ?? Can you guarantee you will not injure anyone because you may possibly be a carrier ?
...my answer all three of your questions...
...nope, only the sick are 'quarantined'...you were never in the military i'm guessing, you'd know that...
...nope, in life, there are no 'guarantees' what a foolish statement...
...i'm not responsible for anyone's health and well being but my own...if YOU are too afraid to venture out of your home, stay in...

Old 08-23-2021, 02:53 PM

2,400 posts, read 778,313 times
Quote:
This Friday August 27th is the deadline for me to submit my affirmation about being vaccinated.

I am unsure about a few of the processes.

1. I don't want to admit that I am not vaccinated. I can just not submit the form but I think he language of the policy was that I shall fill out and return the form. So is that now a condition of employment? So I considered just adding an option that I decline to answer due to privacy reasons or some such. Should I just admit it? Had I ever thought this policy would be in effect I would have been a greater lier. My boss came out and asked me in March and I was so obviously caught off guard he presumed. The policy provides that they can request proof of vaccination randomly.

2. The policy specifically states that covid tests will be at my own cost, but also declines to state exactly what kind of tests will suffice. I have recently learned that insurance does NOT have to pay for the tests for "routine" testing. And at the same time I got a scary EOB that I can't make out from my insurance stating that they paid $150 for a test (but also saying I owed 150). What are my options if my insurance won't pay. The cost for 2x per week covid PCR testing will be 16K for a year.

3. What will be the effect of the FDA approval? Will that mean then that employers can straight up require it without the testing frequently option?

Thanks for info you can provide.
IMHO, ANYONE pushing back against vaccination is a fool. A world-class, egg-sucking moron of a FOOL.

Old 08-23-2021, 02:58 PM

2,974 posts, read 1,975,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty Water View Post
IMHO, ANYONE pushing back against vaccination is a fool. A world-class, egg-sucking moron of a FOOL.
..."When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser"...Socrates, i believe...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies