Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2021, 03:26 PM

35,691 posts, read 21,045,148 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justus978 View Post
...my answer all three of your questions...
...nope, only the sick are 'quarantined'...you were never in the military i'm guessing, you'd know that...
...nope, in life, there are no 'guarantees' what a foolish statement...
...i'm not responsible for anyone's health and well being but my own...if YOU are too afraid to venture out of your home, stay in...
No my hubby was in the military , so I should have used the words- keep you yourself. 2, there’s no guaranties but we try to help each other out with laws, as in traffic. If everyone could just drive as they wanted - how many more be dead.
3, if you are contagious- you know can harm others. Should we just allow all those with contagious diseases just roam free??
Last - it’s personal as now it has been 1 month and 2 days my son is still in ICU in a coma with covid. I don’t think I could handle another one in my family. My reality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2021, 03:44 PM

13,284 posts, read 8,449,930 times
Bottom line- declining to submit document will be an affirmative that you have chosen to remain unvaccinated.

The rest is finding pharmacy's that still continue to free test for covid. With travelers being required to be tested , most business's of this field continue testing.

It's quite the conundrum to debate on being honest. I usually chose honesty . Saves explaination .

Old 08-23-2021, 03:55 PM

1,727 posts, read 2,006,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Yes, very hard to prove. And on top of that, the manufacturers have 100% legal immunity. Everyone who took the vaccine could drop over dead tomorrow and nobody could touch the manufacturers or developers of the vaccines.
Yep, exactly. If I was the OP I would start looking (immediately).

Old 08-23-2021, 03:55 PM

2,916 posts, read 1,514,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty Water View Post
IMHO, ANYONE pushing back against vaccination is a fool. A world-class, egg-sucking moron of a FOOL.
Tell that to the "fools" who died from the shot.

You may not agree with the VAERs numbers, but many people HAVE died from the shots. Are they "fools" who should suck "eggs?"

Old 08-23-2021, 03:58 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,004,475 times
The only concern I would have is not being honest may impact your health insurance and not just COVID related issues. Insurance companies look for any reason to opt out of paying. If you sign a health related form lying about treatment or a vaccine will that impact your insurance.

Outside of that......will your firm take one of those exemption forms.

Is this the sword you want to die on (very dramatic but you all know what I mean).

Old 08-23-2021, 05:05 PM

7,237 posts, read 4,546,649 times
This thread was a treasure trove. Thanks to everyone who contributed - except for the crazies.

Lying, not going to happen. Work for the feds. I am sure they would be watching and I am sure I would pay dearly after seeing what happened on January 6. There will be no slack for me. At all. I am sure.

Leaving the job, not going to happen. Actually where I am, employers are enacting even more draconian rules. Why shouldn't they? 99% of their employees are already vaxxed.

Exemptions, dream on. No one would seriously buy that I am religious. All doctors are in the conspiracy with them, they would never seriously examine if the vaccine could hurt me. After all it is safe and effective.

I think truthfully they would never fire me (Biden already said that no one federally would lose their job) they can just cost me money or stress me out.

I do dream of a van down by the river though..

Old 08-23-2021, 05:22 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,516,836 times
This is what the leftist utopia looks like. A living hell.

Old 08-23-2021, 05:32 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,870,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
This is what the leftist utopia looks like. A living hell.
This living hell is being brought to you today by the ignorant antivaxxers. Tell it to them.

Old 08-23-2021, 05:41 PM

4,994 posts, read 1,991,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
This Friday August 27th is the deadline for me to submit my affirmation about being vaccinated.

I am unsure about a few of the processes.

1. I don't want to admit that I am not vaccinated. I can just not submit the form but I think he language of the policy was that I shall fill out and return the form. So is that now a condition of employment? So I considered just adding an option that I decline to answer due to privacy reasons or some such. Should I just admit it? Had I ever thought this policy would be in effect I would have been a greater lier. My boss came out and asked me in March and I was so obviously caught off guard he presumed. The policy provides that they can request proof of vaccination randomly.

2. The policy specifically states that covid tests will be at my own cost, but also declines to state exactly what kind of tests will suffice. I have recently learned that insurance does NOT have to pay for the tests for "routine" testing. And at the same time I got a scary EOB that I can't make out from my insurance stating that they paid $150 for a test (but also saying I owed 150). What are my options if my insurance won't pay. The cost for 2x per week covid PCR testing will be 16K for a year.

3. What will be the effect of the FDA approval? Will that mean then that employers can straight up require it without the testing frequently option?

Thanks for info you can provide.

Your employer has the right to make conditions of employment. In healthcare, TB tests are required and so is proof of certain vaccinations or antibody tests. Your employer has to provide a safe workplace. Being vaccinated might be your employer's way of doing that just like mandating many other safety concerns. How about drug testing when you have to give a blood sample as a condition of being hired or continuing employment? Your choices impact others and that impact must be addressed. If you do not want to get vaccinated and your employer requires it, just find another job.

Old 08-23-2021, 05:45 PM

4,994 posts, read 1,991,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
This thread was a treasure trove. Thanks to everyone who contributed - except for the crazies.

Lying, not going to happen. Work for the feds. I am sure they would be watching and I am sure I would pay dearly after seeing what happened on January 6. There will be no slack for me. At all. I am sure.

Leaving the job, not going to happen. Actually where I am, employers are enacting even more draconian rules. Why shouldn't they? 99% of their employees are already vaxxed.

Exemptions, dream on. No one would seriously buy that I am religious. All doctors are in the conspiracy with them, they would never seriously examine if the vaccine could hurt me. After all it is safe and effective.

I think truthfully they would never fire me (Biden already said that no one federally would lose their job) they can just cost me money or stress me out.

I do dream of a van down by the river though..

You post is a bundle of false fears and misinformation. Just roll up your sleeve and get on with your life. It is the people who are not vaccinated which are prolonging all the restrictions for all of us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies