Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2021, 02:57 PM

27,119 posts, read 15,300,057 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
I have no clue. If that's the goal, they should not be given a choice unless medically necessary.
Meanwhile the gross majority of those not vaccinated are not sick and healthy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2021, 02:58 PM

45,676 posts, read 23,994,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Delta is charging unvaccinated $200 to cover increases to their health insurance premium. It's no different than charging smokers more.
Yes that's what I was referring to.

Old 08-25-2021, 02:59 PM

27,119 posts, read 15,300,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Delta is charging unvaccinated $200 to cover increases to their health insurance premium. It's no different than charging smokers more.
My company did that to smokers and after a year ceased.
When are the obese, which is a factor in recuperation/survival from Covid, going to be penalized?
Where does it stop?

Old 08-25-2021, 03:53 PM

8,299 posts, read 3,806,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
My company did that to smokers and after a year ceased.
When are the obese, which is a factor in recuperation/survival from Covid, going to be penalized?
Where does it stop?
Insurance is more expensive for obese people. That's why many employers offer gym memberships, personal trainers, reimbursements, etc.

Old 08-25-2021, 03:57 PM

3,006 posts, read 1,491,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Daily, in quality of life and expenses to cope with obesity, and more severely later in life, with joint damage, heart disease, diabetes, etc. The obese are especially penalized when they are too poor to drive and must walk or bike everywhere and climb stairs up to apartments. Obesity has been linked to pollution, which varies by location, occupation, and economic status.

https://osf.io/x4fk3/

Old 08-25-2021, 04:10 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,513,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
This Friday August 27th is the deadline for me to submit my affirmation about being vaccinated.

I am unsure about a few of the processes.

1. I don't want to admit that I am not vaccinated. I can just not submit the form but I think he language of the policy was that I shall fill out and return the form. So is that now a condition of employment? So I considered just adding an option that I decline to answer due to privacy reasons or some such. Should I just admit it? Had I ever thought this policy would be in effect I would have been a greater lier. My boss came out and asked me in March and I was so obviously caught off guard he presumed. The policy provides that they can request proof of vaccination randomly.

2. The policy specifically states that covid tests will be at my own cost, but also declines to state exactly what kind of tests will suffice. I have recently learned that insurance does NOT have to pay for the tests for "routine" testing. And at the same time I got a scary EOB that I can't make out from my insurance stating that they paid $150 for a test (but also saying I owed 150). What are my options if my insurance won't pay. The cost for 2x per week covid PCR testing will be 16K for a year.

3. What will be the effect of the FDA approval? Will that mean then that employers can straight up require it without the testing frequently option?

Thanks for info you can provide.
Arya,

You might want to check this thread out. This may have your answer:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/poli...l#post61766381

The FDA approved a version of the inoculation under the name Comirnaty. With that version, the manufacturer's ARE apparently liable for any harm that comes to you from taking it.

However, that version is not currently available, and probably will not be available for a good while. So apparently they are trying to covertly do a sneaky and try to get people to agree to take the emergency version, under which the manufacturer's are not liable for the damage their product causes, regardless of how severe, even though that is not the version that has been (irresponsibly) approved by the FDA.

If your employer is mandating the approved version, and you are thinking about getting it, you would probably be on pretty solid footing to insist that you wait for that version before you take the shot.

Just an idea.

Old 08-25-2021, 04:59 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,880,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasLawyer2000 View Post
Insurance is more expensive for obese people. That's why many employers offer gym memberships, personal trainers, reimbursements, etc.
Not really. It is expensive if you get diabetes and high blood pressure. Not all obese people get it. Technically bodybuilders, weight lifters and linemen in football are obese when you go by BMI. That and also a perfect BMI at my height of 5'11" is 157lbs. Due to my thick frame, I would look like I was sick at 157lbs. Not everyone is the same in regards to being fat or healthy.

Old 08-25-2021, 05:06 PM

7,234 posts, read 4,542,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
If your employer is mandating the approved version, and you are thinking about getting it, you would probably be on pretty solid footing to insist that you wait for that version before you take the shot.

Just an idea.
Doubt it, the policy was put in place before the FDA approval. So I doubt they would care. My guess is that maybe if they find out not a lot of workers haven't been vaccinated and if I come back negative on the covid tests for like 6 weeks, and if the decision is made that we are staying home for the winter (unless we have something we need to do at the workplace) then they might just allow me to quietly discontinue or reduce the testing if it is proven to them that I haven't gotten it in a while.

Old 08-25-2021, 05:10 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,513,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
Doubt it, the policy was put in place before the FDA approval. So I doubt they would care. My guess is that maybe if they find out not a lot of workers haven't been vaccinated and if I come back negative on the covid tests for like 6 weeks, and if the decision is made that we are staying home for the winter (unless we have something we need to do at the workplace) then they might just allow me to quietly discontinue or reduce the testing if it is proven to them that I haven't gotten it in a while.

Is that your plan? It sounds like a good one, if it is. Basically stall your way out of it and eventually they will lose interest and blow it off.

Old 08-25-2021, 05:19 PM

2,335 posts, read 814,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Not really. It is expensive if you get diabetes and high blood pressure. Not all obese people get it. Technically bodybuilders, weight lifters and linemen in football are obese when you go by BMI. That and also a perfect BMI at my height of 5'11" is 157lbs. Due to my thick frame, I would look like I was sick at 157lbs. Not everyone is the same in regards to being fat or healthy.
At 5'11", you can actually be 170 lbs and be considered in the normal range.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies