Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2021, 09:04 AM

8,886 posts, read 4,573,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Williepaws View Post
no it is not a settled issue. there are many of us that are not vaxxed and have no intention of becoming part of the flock of sheep.
WTF? It's sure settled for us senior citizens, since >90% of us have at least on jab, and most of the folks with one jab will get the second as needed. If you are one of the small minority of seniors who is not vaxxed, I hope you plan on self isolation for the rest of your life.

It is true that only about 19% of high school dropouts are vaxxed, so if you are a part of that demographic, I can only say "good luck".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2021, 09:11 AM

3,075 posts, read 1,540,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye77 View Post
WTF? It's sure settled for us senior citizens, since >90% of us have at least on jab, and most of the folks with one jab will get the second as needed. If you are one of the small minority of seniors who is not vaxxed, I hope you plan on self isolation for the rest of your life.

It is true that only about 19% of high school dropouts are vaxxed, so if you are a part of that demographic, I can only say "good luck".
gee sorry to disappoint you, but I have no intention of getting a jab that doesnt protect me from getting the virus or transmitting it. I dont self isolate ,never have. I also know other seniors who are not vaxxed and have no intention of doing so. And to equate being unvaccinated with being a high school drop out is the height of arrogrance. Who do you think you are? You and that attitude is what is wrong with lots of seniors in this country and lots of others.

Old 08-23-2021, 09:21 AM

18,804 posts, read 8,462,725 times
'Stupid is as stupid does'.

Old 08-23-2021, 09:22 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,867,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
This Friday August 27th is the deadline for me to submit my affirmation about being vaccinated.

I am unsure about a few of the processes.

1. I don't want to admit that I am not vaccinated. I can just not submit the form but I think he language of the policy was that I shall fill out and return the form. So is that now a condition of employment? So I considered just adding an option that I decline to answer due to privacy reasons or some such. Should I just admit it? Had I ever thought this policy would be in effect I would have been a greater lier. My boss came out and asked me in March and I was so obviously caught off guard he presumed. The policy provides that they can request proof of vaccination randomly.

2. The policy specifically states that covid tests will be at my own cost, but also declines to state exactly what kind of tests will suffice. I have recently learned that insurance does NOT have to pay for the tests for "routine" testing. And at the same time I got a scary EOB that I can't make out from my insurance stating that they paid $150 for a test (but also saying I owed 150). What are my options if my insurance won't pay. The cost for 2x per week covid PCR testing will be 16K for a year.

3. What will be the effect of the FDA approval? Will that mean then that employers can straight up require it without the testing frequently option?

Thanks for info you can provide.
You should have to pay for every single test you force your employer to do because you refuse to get vaccinated. A large number of insurance companies had discontinued waiving the cost of weekly testing once the vaccines came out. Now that the FDA has granted approval of the vaccines I suspect no one will cover these weekly tests any longer.

Why should your employer or insurance company have to eat that cost for you? You made your choice, you can pay for it.

And yes, to your number three. Employers are going to be able to say no vaccine, no job. Again, they are giving you a choice. What you choose is on you.

Old 08-23-2021, 09:27 AM

831 posts, read 332,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
This is not true :

The mRNA COVID-19 vaccines do not contain any aborted fetal cells. For the Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna vaccines, no fetal cell lines were used to produce or manufacture the vaccine, and they are not inside the injection you receive from your doctor/nurse.

Source: https://www.icsi.org/covid-19-vaccin...th-fetal-cells

Another source :

There are no abortions being done to make any vaccine, including the COVID-19 vaccines. Vaccines do not contain cells from aborted fetuses or other human cells. Human cell lines are used in the early stages of the production of some vaccines. Neither of the approved mRNA vaccines uses human cell lines, but the AstraZeneca and Johnson & Johnson vaccines do use these cell lines.

Source : https://immunizebc.ca/ask-us/questio...ses-ingredient
I quoted an article that states what's used. Good enough for me. I actually don't even care. I use the exemption because vaccines are dangerous and cause harm.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
Luckily for your kids, the vast majority of people take vaccinations and your kids are enjoying the benefits of herd immunity. The hope is that ignorance is not passed on to future generations.
Yawn. It's called an immune system. You should try using it instead of creating a system based off of big pharma poison.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thedude404 View Post
But the bible specifically gives examples where abortion is actually suggested to be used......now what?
As I stated above, I literally only use the religious exemption because it's the easiest to use, NO ONE wants to question someone's religion or religious views lol.

Old 08-23-2021, 09:30 AM

8,131 posts, read 4,324,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
This Friday August 27th is the deadline for me to submit my affirmation about being vaccinated.

I am unsure about a few of the processes.

1. I don't want to admit that I am not vaccinated. I can just not submit the form but I think he language of the policy was that I shall fill out and return the form. So is that now a condition of employment? So I considered just adding an option that I decline to answer due to privacy reasons or some such. Should I just admit it? Had I ever thought this policy would be in effect I would have been a greater lier. My boss came out and asked me in March and I was so obviously caught off guard he presumed. The policy provides that they can request proof of vaccination randomly.

2. The policy specifically states that covid tests will be at my own cost, but also declines to state exactly what kind of tests will suffice. I have recently learned that insurance does NOT have to pay for the tests for "routine" testing. And at the same time I got a scary EOB that I can't make out from my insurance stating that they paid $150 for a test (but also saying I owed 150). What are my options if my insurance won't pay. The cost for 2x per week covid PCR testing will be 16K for a year.

3. What will be the effect of the FDA approval? Will that mean then that employers can straight up require it without the testing frequently option?

Thanks for info you can provide.
It's your body, your life and your choice whether to be vaccinated. If your life affects others lives (job), you should consider getting vaccinated. If you are retired, it's your choice.

Old 08-23-2021, 09:30 AM

39,072 posts, read 51,199,205 times
Quote:
For us senior citizens (65 and over) this is a settled issue. Over 80% of us are fully vaxxed and over 90% have had at least one jab.
As long as seniors hang out with other seniors you pretty much have herd immunity. Herd immunity does not mean that people won't get it though, just that it will not be able to spread in the herd.

Old 08-23-2021, 09:32 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,513,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
'Stupid is as stupid does'.
You would know.

Old 08-23-2021, 09:36 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,449,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Williepaws View Post
Quote:
For us senior citizens (65 and over) this is a settled issue. Over 80% of us are fully vaxxed and over 90% have had at least one jab.
no it is not a settled issue. there are many of us that are not vaxxed and have no intention of becoming part of the flock of sheep.
There is an ice cold gurney waiting for you. That is your choice.

The list of anti-vaxxers actively opposing the jab is getting shorter as more and more anti-vaxxers head for the morgue.

Phil Valentine just died, there were many before him and there will be more following him.

""Perchance he for whom this bell tolls may be so ill, as that he knows not it tolls for him; and perchance I may think myself so much better than I am, as that they who are about me, and see my state, may have caused it to toll for me, and I know not that.

No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main. If a clod be washed away by the sea, Europe is the less, as well as if a promontory were, as well as if a manor of thy friend's or of thine own were: any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bells tolls; it tolls for thee."

John Donne

Old 08-23-2021, 09:38 AM

1,969 posts, read 675,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
There is an ice cold gurney waiting for you. That is your choice.

The list of anti-vaxxers actively opposing the jab is getting shorter as more and more of them head for the morgue.

Phil Valentine just died, there were many before him and there will be more following him.
The fear-mongering is real. What is the survivability rate of C19?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies