Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2021, 02:59 PM

327 posts, read 211,521 times

Advertisements

Black employee throws scissors at black customer. Only reason it made some news outlets was the nature of it. No whites or guns involved hence the low key media coverage. However with this a black on black attack where is BLM when they pushed only their lives matter, oh wait it wasn’t a white employee.

https://fox42kptm.com/news/nation-wo...e-item-chucked
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2021, 03:12 PM

73,047 posts, read 62,646,469 times
Black on Black violence is nothing new. It's been going on as far back as 1900. Black men are the most likely of any group to be murder victims. And it's mostly other Black males doing it. However, as long as Black people "stayed on their side of the tracks", few people cared. This kind of stuff has only been shown on the local news outlets since maybe the 80s or 90s (I was born in the 1980s, so I don't think this stuff was even on the local news until the 70s or 80s). It's nothing new and it's never really been anyone else's concern until the 80s and 90s.

I think some people want to hear more about Black on Black violence in the national media because they feel "maybe Black people will be ashamed of themselves, publicly, and do something about it". This is how I see it. The people doing the killing don't care. They have no shame and do not care if they themselves live or die. Someone like me would have to deal with alot of shame because as a decent, law-abiding Black man, that isn't the kind of image I want the public to see of Black people. It makes me look bad. The persons involved in the killing figuratively and literally "shoot first and ask questions later". Shame isn't going to work on those who commit murder. This issue is no secret and everyone in America knows about it. This is why Black people who have a chance to do so distance themselves from the underclass elements. The best any of us can do is let the justice system deal with murderers.

Old 08-14-2021, 04:37 PM

73,047 posts, read 62,646,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GulfOfOman View Post
Random incident isn’t really a big deal. Chaos is random with no motive. Usually it’s trivial.

What’s BLM gonna do? Talk to the CEO of street crime?
It has nothing to do with BLM. This kind of crime and chaos, this is a product of "shoot and ask questions later ". People who handle conflict by using violence. Individuals who would use violence to solve their problems regardless.

Old 08-14-2021, 04:45 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 11 days ago)

35,637 posts, read 17,989,189 times
Why, in heaven's name, should one person tossing a pair of scissors in the direction of another person when they're both engaged in a verbal fight garner ANY media, at all?

Old 08-14-2021, 04:47 PM

45,585 posts, read 27,209,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Black on Black violence is nothing new. It's been going on as far back as 1900.

Why is this brushed off as no big deal? 93% of black murders are by blacks.

Old 08-14-2021, 04:48 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,181,283 times
Seriously? Why in the world should this be national news? Your obsession with Black people is not and should not be adopted by everyone else.

Old 08-14-2021, 04:51 PM

5,347 posts, read 3,219,684 times
OuTrAgE!!!!!!

I saw someone make an illegal right on red out of Target yesterday and it didn't get any nationwide coverage.

It's a conspiracy!

Old 08-14-2021, 04:53 PM

958 posts, read 1,106,636 times
Just suppose for a moment
That one was WHITE

Old 08-14-2021, 04:57 PM

5,347 posts, read 3,219,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevar242 View Post
Just suppose for a moment
That one was WHITE
Oh snap! That's deep.

Just suppose...for a moment....one was Jesus!

What other scenarios can we think of?

Old 08-14-2021, 05:01 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,170,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Why, in heaven's name, should one person tossing a pair of scissors in the direction of another person when they're both engaged in a verbal fight garner ANY media, at all?
You are absolutely correct, but in fairness to the OP, this last year we have been “treated” to news stories about this type of low level strife if it involved individuals who were different races from each other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies