Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2021, 09:14 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times

Advertisements

Any of you anti-maskers been to a concert with thousands of other people?

I have --- I'm not pro-mask but will wear one if asked and be fine with it.

I wanted to fly to Red Rocks to see a concert and I did. I'm living my good life.

I'm curious to know if all the folks whining about mandates or guidelines are actually doing anything with their lives other than whining.

And I only express these thoughts because there is this general attack on folks who don't 'fight' masks that we are living in fear in our basements -- lol.

Went to an art installation last week with three good friends (all conservatives). MAsks weren't mandated but advised. They all pulled out their masks -- I wouldn't have but felt a wee bit of peer pressure. Honestly, I didn't mind but I figured if they were concerned that I would put mine on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2021, 09:15 AM

3,989 posts, read 6,576,956 times
Why on earth would anyone WANT to wear a mask long-term? Stupid thread.

Old 08-25-2021, 09:16 AM

13,511 posts, read 17,036,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post

The refusal to get the vaccine is prolonging the pandemic. We're all tired of it.
I'm vaccinated and I think every adult should get vaccinated. But "refusal to vaccinate" is not why the pandemic is continuing.

The kind of rhetoric we are hearing is barely distinguishable from "you voted for Trump so we hate you". Just as the irrational screaming about masks and their "being used by the evil Democrats to control us" rhetoric is idiotic and irrational, so is the "unvaccinated Trump voters are furthering the pandemic". It's nonsense. You have variants developing in areas where people are completely unvaccinated in other nations because they can't deliver a billion vaccines in a timely manner, not because they voted for Trump, and you have spread in areas where upwards of 70% of adults are vaccinated, which was supposed to be some magical number for herd immunity. I live in NY...everyone on my block has been vaccinated, but people are still catching it and of course unvaccinated kids are as well.

I'm tired of holier than though people on the internet pointing fingers at someone else, almost purely for political reasons, in relation to this pandemic. It's pathetic.

Old 08-25-2021, 09:16 AM

1,094 posts, read 883,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
What makes you think that vaccinating will end the pandemic? Scientists say no. https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-h...xford-vaccine/

You need to accept reality.
As long as the scientists do not agree, there is no reality. There is a squabble.

Old 08-25-2021, 09:19 AM

4,298 posts, read 1,556,072 times
While the basic premise of this thread is hyperbolic, I am increasingly aware of instances where by governments of all ideologies find it very difficult to do away with ever creeping authoritarianism. The Patriot Act is a good example, gets extended year upon year, regardless of who is currently in government. States of Emergency are often extended by governments long after the emergency in question.

I think permanent masks is a ridiculous opening to this though, there's little benefit to the state increasingly reliant on surveillance in covering people's faces.

Old 08-25-2021, 09:22 AM

1,952 posts, read 828,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Imagine believing in science...

But no, that is a bridge too far.

Depends on what "science"

The same "science" folks that say a man wearing a dress is a woman and that if I give more tax money to the govt, the weather will get better?

Yeah...count me out on that one.

This is about manipulation and control and division and the govt and media are loving the whole Covid situation and do not want an end to it...ever.

It is surely working, judging by all the "....just get your shot and all will go back to normal" peeps. LOL

Old 08-25-2021, 09:42 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,089,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
I wouldn't except that we can't get to the other side of this pandemic until enough people get vaccinated. Unfortunately, this is one of those cases where we're all in this together.

But the vaccinated can get and spread Covid.

So how is that going to stop it?

Old 08-25-2021, 09:58 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,089,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansProof View Post
Dems said a year ago the vaccine was dangerous.

That's when I made up my mind not to take it...full stop. Can't trust it. Not safe.

Now they are saying it's safe? It's the same vaccine

The only conclusion, they're perpetuating something dangerous.

That's sooo last year.

You know, when Trump was cooking up the vaccine in the Oval office with Lysol and an eighth grade chemistry set.

Old 08-25-2021, 10:04 AM

8,943 posts, read 2,964,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
Oh, yes! I love wearing a mask; they are sooo comfortable. I like the way my face sweats and my glasses fog up. Also, I hate going to movies, the theatre, concerts, etc. Yes, I hope that masking and social distancing remain forever.

What a stupid question!!
Stop wearing it then. It does nothing other than inhibit your breathing and reinforce the fact that you don't understand microbiology.

Old 08-25-2021, 10:05 AM

8,943 posts, read 2,964,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uconn97 View Post
Why on earth would anyone WANT to wear a mask long-term? Stupid thread.
You haven't heard the MANY people who have said they may wear masks forever now?????

Look at China. Are you kidding that you don't think there are a lot of mentally unstable people that prefer to wear them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies