Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2021, 11:26 AM

17,581 posts, read 13,355,792 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
As we have a Commander in Chief needlessly leaving US citizens to be slaughtered.

Perhaps he should have us air lift cyanide tablets to them, to avoid beheading.

This is our nation's Jonestown.

The administration will never be able to find enough soap to wash the blood off their hands.

joe is an impotent fool who doesn't have a clue as to what's going on and they control him like Jeff Dunham does Walter. Only, Walter is much smarter
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2021, 12:05 PM

3,269 posts, read 1,748,688 times
Quote:
As we have a Commander in Chief needlessly leaving US citizens to be slaughtered.
<SNIP>
You get what you vote for.

Ok, maybe not YOU but Biden got elected because he isn't Trump. No other reason was needed.

Old 08-24-2021, 01:23 PM

552 posts, read 223,257 times
I looked at samples of public posts in local news stations all around the U.S., both coasts and states
in between for opinions of ordinary American folks about Afghanistan.

I was very surprised to see how many Americans do support Biden's decision to leave. Many people say that
they believe there was information that will soon present that this was the one chance we had.

Just because conservative media and pro GOP says it does not make it so. I never take what a newscast
says about any subject as fact. I always research, independently. With social media nowadays, it is easy
to look and see for yourself.

Biden has more public support than you imagine. There are a lot of American voters who are pleased
our military and government has ended the Afghanistan occupation. They are not cheering. They just
trust Biden in this instance. They said so, not me. I just took the time to search and read everything.

All the samples I mention were found on small independent network FB pages. No Fox and no MSN, etc.
I did not expect to find so much support, considering the very obvious contention and backlash against
Biden for doing so. I expected to find the opposite of what I did in fact find.

Old 08-24-2021, 01:41 PM

3,989 posts, read 6,576,956 times
This is the saddest day since 9.11?? Nothing else catastrophic has happened since 9.11? Worldwide? In the US?

Hard to take someone serious when you make such a stupid statement,

If you are paying attention, the evacuation was chaotic the first few days, but now is going very well with almost no incidents between troops and Afgans and no loss of American lives have been reported.

Could things have been done better initially? Yes. Are they going better now than a few days ago? Yes.

Comparing this to 9.11? Stupidity at its best.

Old 08-24-2021, 01:57 PM

31,340 posts, read 14,265,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uconn97 View Post
This is the saddest day since 9.11?? Nothing else catastrophic has happened since 9.11? Worldwide? In the US?

Hard to take someone serious when you make such a stupid statement,

If you are paying attention, the evacuation was chaotic the first few days, but now is going very well with almost no incidents between troops and Afgans and no loss of American lives have been reported.

Could things have been done better initially? Yes. Are they going better now than a few days ago? Yes.

Comparing this to 9.11? Stupidity at its best.
Is this Jen Psaki?

Old 08-24-2021, 02:27 PM

2,801 posts, read 3,859,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
And the Democrats thought they had something worthwhile to impeach Trump on.
You don’t impeach someone because of policy disagreements. Impeachment is for criminal conduct, corruption, etc.

Bush Jr. wasn’t impeached because of his failures after Hurricane Katrina. Trump was impeached because the man was hopelessly corrupt.

Old 08-24-2021, 02:29 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,231,444 times
Trump cut his deal to get out of Afghanistan with the Taliban in February 2020. These Americans have had all that time since to book a flight and leave. Biden is doing an admirable job of getting the remaining people out in spite of their own failure to act in time. In any case, it is far too premature to suggest that any, much less thousands of Americans, who want out will be left behind.

Old 08-24-2021, 02:32 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:
I look forward to our new Congress, and Biden if around will successfully be impeached and removed from office, as by then, the world would have seen our Jonestown in Afghanistan.

He might get impeached, but he won't be removed from office.

Republicans may have a majority in both chambers in the next Congress, but the majority in the Senate wouldn't be enough to be 2/3 (IOW, not R 67 (+34) or greater) and dead Americans in Afghanistan wouldn't be enough to move Democrats re that vote.

Old 08-24-2021, 02:37 PM

9,724 posts, read 14,264,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
And the Democrats thought they had something worthwhile to impeach Trump on.
They had nothing on Trump, as proven. But, this will go down in history as the Fall of the Democrat Party, thanks to num-nut Biden! How embarrassing this is for the United States!

Old 08-24-2021, 02:49 PM

798 posts, read 502,916 times
Husband frustrated as he tries to rescue wife stranded in Afghanistan: 'I feel betrayed'

https://www.foxnews.com/media/husban...ed-afghanistan

Last edited by Ibginnie; 08-24-2021 at 04:12 PM.. Reason: deleted quoted post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies