Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2021, 07:27 AM

22,620 posts, read 24,446,970 times

Advertisements

Too good to give up, even with 90+ percent vaxed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2021, 07:38 AM

30,192 posts, read 23,599,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
You are just now starting to think that?

NOT that COVID is a hoax -- but the continuing fear-mongering is way over the top. Reminds me of this segment of Moore's Bowling for Columbine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9g1xXC391g
Oh my gosh! I just got done writing a post on another forum, and in that I included that I had been afraid of death since I was 8 years old BECAUSE of the news that my parents had on every single night.

This is exactly what they did! This is exactly why, at 8 (maybe earlier, it's just when I can remember first being afraid), I used to have nightmares, almost nightly, and why I thought I'd never get to 20, we would all be wiped out before I ever got to be an adult.

This is exactly why!

I never watched that documentary - but maybe I will now. I'm not a fan of Michael Moore, but watched his 'Planet of the Humans' or whatever it's called, not realizing it was a Michael Moore piece. And I have to admit, he has some damn good information - at least in that production.

Maybe I'll watch this, despite the name behind it, because this clip is reality - this BS from the media really screwed me up as a kid. I spent most of my life in fear of other people, in fear of dying, in fear of the world ending. When I hit 20, I was still in fear. Never thought I'd make it to 30. Made it to 30, was still in fear.

Eventually, I got really tired of being in fear. It's exhausting. You don't live life.

I was an agnostic forever, even though my mom made us go to church. I didn't believe in any of it. Why? Because I had not seen anything positive - I had my horrible beginnings, got adopted, and then bombarded by all of these 'predictions' of Yellowstone, earthquakes, asteroids, nuclear war, child abductors, serial killers, it just. never. ended!

I legit had nightmares almost every single night. My parents have 8mm movies of me having nightmares when I was a kid. I apparently had such violent nightmares, that I'd be curled up in a ball in a corner of the bed, or I'd be thrashing around in my sleep. My dad started to record them with his 8mm camera out of concern. I went to psychologists, counselors, etc, because of my incredible fear of just about every person on the planet.

Some of it had to do with my earlier times, but it was compounded by the stupid, useless media,

And, I'm no longer agnostic - I have a lot more peace about the whole process. I don't live in fear anymore. I still have lingering issues - I think, 'I have no idea if I'll even make it to 60, or 70, or more? I can't believe I'd be here that long.' I never thought I'd make it to 20, I can't even imagine 60, or more. Hell, I could die tomorrow. In the next 5 minutes.

How about I try to enjoy my time here? How about the media go pound sand. They really hurt me when I was a kid. I will not allow them to try to scare me anymore. I don't even have a TV anymore. I'm done with these pos, trying to scare the living crap out of people.

Old 08-25-2021, 07:43 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,545,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingsToValhalla View Post
The New York variant has arrived:

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world...ccine-mutation

Vaccines aren't going to stop this.
Social distancing and masks will only prolong the pandemic, allowing the virus even more time to linger and mutate.

What we need are effective anti-viral meds & treatments, instead of wasting billions on vaccines that only work for a few months or a year at best, before a new vaccine resistant variant emerges.
The current vaccines were all developed, trialed and approved before the now dominate Delta virus emerged.
These vaccines are less effective on the Delta variant than the original Covid it targeted.

Viruses mutate in every host. Most mutations quickly die off. . A few emerge as dominate.

No question, treatments need to be fast tracked no diff than how the world fast tracked vaccines.

Having said this, there is no certainty that one treatment will be effective against the next subsequent dominate variant.

Like vaccine, no treatment is 100% effective or side effect free for all people, all the time.

While influenza and SARS are different viruses, we do know that the formulation of the annual flu shot changes every year based on dominate strains in the Southern Hemisphere. We also know the duration of the annual shot in months and that older people respond better to high dosage shots.

Old 08-25-2021, 07:45 AM

8,893 posts, read 2,929,999 times
Wait until the "Midterm 2022" variant is released. That'll be a bad one.

"Presidential 2024" will surely be the worst though!

Old 08-25-2021, 07:47 AM

26,661 posts, read 13,649,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingsToValhalla View Post
The New York variant has arrived:

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world...ccine-mutation

Vaccines aren't going to stop this.
Social distancing and masks will only prolong the pandemic, allowing the virus even more time to linger and mutate.

What we need are effective anti-viral meds & treatments, instead of wasting billions on vaccines that only work for a few months or a year at best, before a new vaccine resistant variant emerges.
It’s long past time to try safe treatments that are backed by scientific evidence and that some smart doctors have used successfully throughout the pandemic. This vaccine was not the magical solution that everyone banked on.

Old 08-25-2021, 07:52 AM

41,805 posts, read 74,847,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Why should we take medical advice or info from you?
Yet you'll take it from the OP, who (willfully?) misinterpreted his/her own link.

Old 08-25-2021, 07:54 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,545,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MummyofAnkha1969 View Post
The Monoclonal Antibody Treatment seems to be exquisite! I think we'll need a larger rollout of it.
The demand for is greater than the supply of.

Generally speaking it is most effective on those who are asymptomatic or have mild symptoms and are at high risk for hospitalization or those with political connections.

Like vaccine, no treatment is 100% effective or side effect free for all people, all the time. As I understand it, some require multiple infusions.

Eli Lily had a promising treatment that was being tested throughout the states and world. Then came the Delta variant and this treatment was substantially less effective. Then came Regeneron which significantly reduces symptoms of the Delta variant. It may or may not be as effective with the next dominate variant.

As the Covid rolls ……

Old 08-25-2021, 07:57 AM

39,003 posts, read 51,008,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Why should we take medical advice or info from you?

However I do like the "forget about it" line
You should not. You should research things, become knowledgeable as I have.

Old 08-25-2021, 07:59 AM

1,716 posts, read 2,492,828 times
So glad I’m taking HCQ weekly.

Old 08-25-2021, 08:00 AM

2,342 posts, read 1,135,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enough_Already View Post
Misinformation.
https://www.msn.com/en-xl/africa/oth...19/ar-BB1g1vGj
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies