Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2021, 01:18 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,753,799 times

Advertisements

In 35% of Afghan families, mom and dad are first cousins or "double first cousins".
Quote:
Mol Genet Genomic Med. 2021 May; 9(5): e1608.
Published online 2021 Jan 24. doi: 10.1002/mgg3.1608

Genetic variants associated with diseases in Afghan population

Suleman Khan Zadran, Muhammad Ilyas, and Shamsia Dawari

… In Afghanistan, the prevalence of cousin marriages is estimated to be 46.2%. The prevalent type of cousin marriage is first cousin marriage (27.8%), followed by double first cousin marriage (6.9%), second cousin (5.8%), and third cousin (3.9%) (Saify & Saadat, 2012).
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/art...8/#!po=54.6875
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2021, 01:20 AM

34,278 posts, read 19,358,607 times
Given that most of them are coming over for helping our country? Many speaking English? I suspect they will fit in better then folks here expect.

I'm hoping we get some Afghan restaurants in the future, I love all the food variety!

Old 09-01-2021, 01:42 AM

52,708 posts, read 34,525,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snebarekim View Post
An interesting 2010 article about the Afghani population in Fremont I just found and read.........

I found this paragraph sadly fitting today, for a 2010 article...

That is exactly what has happened in 2021....

https://www.city-journal.org/html/af...ont-13329.html
what a prescient article. thanks for posting.

Old 09-01-2021, 02:00 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,202,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
They are motivated by a deep and abiding contempt for Western civilization. To them, Europeans are the enemy, and their women are legitimate spoils, as are all the other things one can take from them: housing, money, passports. Their laws don’t matter, their culture is uninteresting and, ultimately, their civilization is going to fall anyway to the horde of which one is the spearhead. No need to assimilate, or work hard, or try to build a decent life here for yourself—these Europeans are too soft to seriously punish you for a transgression, and their days are numbered.
Accurate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snebarekim View Post
But lets hope you are right about them assimilating, because they are coming.
African immigrants are the most educated immigrants, but Africa is the least-educated continent. How can both things be true?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Africa...nal_attainment

The Afghan immigrants in Fremont are probably the types of people who come here on student VISAS then stay. The Afghans being brought here are at least partially Westernized and far better educated than the average Afghan. These aren't economic migrants from the Afghan underclass like the "refugees" in Europe. They're people who worked directly or indirectly for the US government.

America will benefit from the Afghanistan brain-drain, while Europe absorbs the economic refugees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
In 35% of Afghan families, mom and dad are first cousins or double first cousins."
What is your point?

Old 09-01-2021, 02:04 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,202,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
I suspect they will fit in better then folks here expect.
They're no better and no worse than the rest of you.

Old 09-01-2021, 02:40 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,753,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
What is your point?
There are reasons why nation building didn't turn out as hoped in Afghanistan. Here's one.

Old 09-01-2021, 03:27 AM

3,976 posts, read 1,988,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post

The Afghan immigrants in Fremont are probably the types of people who come here on student VISAS then stay. The Afghans being brought here are at least partially Westernized and far better educated than the average Afghan. These aren't economic migrants from the Afghan underclass like the "refugees" in Europe. They're people who worked directly or indirectly for the US government.

America will benefit from the Afghanistan brain-drain, while Europe absorbs the economic refugees.

What is your point?
I am 1000% supportive of having the Afghanis that faithfully and directly assisted America while we we there in their country brought here. I am saddened at the thought that there may be some of those left behind who will be hunted by the Taliban.

But the exit from Afghanistan was/is very uncoordinated and messy, and the "screening" of Afghanis being airlifted out to SIV screening points shows that.

It is evident that there are economic refugees already airlifted out that have zero proof they assisted America, including a Taliban or three.

I have zero faith in the bumbling egocentric buffoonry of the current admin to do any real "vetting" . They wont send anybody back either. These are not all helpful educated types coming.

Old 09-01-2021, 03:33 AM

608 posts, read 239,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
I would prefer that Afghans stay in Afghanistan, and I would’ve kept Bagram Air Base open indefinitely to ensure that happens.

But since we have the idiot in chief in charge, we have no choice but to bring in 80k or so Afghans.

Obviously, vetting all these people are impossible, and a few will slip through that shouldn’t be allowed to come over. That’s inevitable.

But the vast majority already have experience interacting with Americans and working with Americans. They even know the English language quite a bit. So I think most will adapt well. They aren’t like the Afghan refugees in Europe. They aren’t going to vote the way I’d like, but that’s another story.

Anyway, we’ve got 2500 people shot in Chicago in just this year alone.

There is no way these Afghans can be any worse than the black people in Chicago. In fact, they are much better. As bad as inner city black people are with shootings and murders, these Afghan people are better than the thugs in Baltimore, St Louis, Philly, Detroit, LA, etc.
I was in Bagram in 2010 ...I agree with you.

Old 09-01-2021, 03:47 AM

24,598 posts, read 9,437,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
There is no way these Afghans can be any worse than the black people in Chicago. In fact, they are much better. As bad as inner city black people are with shootings and murders, these Afghan people are better than the thugs in Baltimore, St Louis, Philly, Detroit, LA, etc.
If that was the standard to accept immigrants and refugees, then we might as well let everyone come to America.

While Afghan sure as hell won’t be worse than inner city blacks, you’re kidding yourself if you think they’re going to abandon their Koran, Mosque, or Afghan culture to assimilate to America. And I’ve worked with plenty of Afghan translators during my time in service.

The reports coming out of Ramstein refugee camps of Afghans fighting, rioting, defecating everywhere, unaccompanied kids, domestic violence, and former Taliban/ISIS being arrested are very real.
https://www.reddit.com/r/AirForce/co...tm_name=iossmf

At the end of the day, we should’ve kept Bagram open indefinitely and none of this would’ve ever happened.

Old 09-01-2021, 03:49 AM

26,469 posts, read 15,053,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
You mean they aren’t oppressed like liberals claim people of color experience everyday in America?

How dare they prosper in this evil racist country.
Liberals are full of shhhhh. The US is so systemically racist and yet we are the number one destination choice for immigrants that aren't white year after year on earth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies