Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2021, 12:28 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,073,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather72754 View Post
Yeah, I miss it like I miss the plague - I miss the covfefe,.
COVFEFE refers to the COVFEFE Act, or “ Communications Over Various Feeds Electronically for Engagement Act (COVFEFE Act), House Bill H.R. 2884”

It was a real thing, not just a random tweet, but the way Trump handled it with humor was great.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/COVFEFE_Act

The way the usual media suspects lied about it was disturbing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2021, 12:47 PM

628 posts, read 286,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
COVFEFE refers to the COVFEFE Act, or “ Communications Over Various Feeds Electronically for Engagement Act (COVFEFE Act), House Bill H.R. 2884”

It was a real thing, not just a random tweet, but the way Trump handled it with humor was great.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/COVFEFE_Act

The way the usual media suspects lied about it was disturbing.
Did you read the actual link you provided? LOL The act was introduced BECAUSE Trump was posting stupid s*** then deleting it, like he did in May with the aforementioned 'covfefe' tweet. He posted it in May, the act was introduced in June. Sounds like Mike Quigley, a Democrat who introduced the bill, is the one with the sense of humor not incoherent Trump.

Old 08-25-2021, 01:03 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,073,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather72754 View Post
Did you read the actual link you provided? LOL The act was introduced BECAUSE Trump was posting stupid s*** then deleting it, like he did in May with the aforementioned 'covfefe' tweet. He posted it in May, the act was introduced in June. Sounds like Mike Quigley, a Democrat who introduced the bill, is the one with the sense of humor not incoherent Trump.
Fair enough, I misread it.

But at least Trump could laugh at himself—I would rather have a POTUS who makes some typos than a POTUS leaving Americans to die in foreign countries. It’s clear which you prefer.

Old 08-25-2021, 01:04 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,384,859 times
i miss having a president.

Old 08-25-2021, 01:15 PM

3,989 posts, read 6,577,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCDonna View Post
I can't understand of lot of what Mumbles says. I sit there with the remote, hitting "rewind" (or whatever) and have to play phrases a couple of times to catch it.

Not sure how you can say Trump is a blubbering idiot when we have a "president" so incompetent that he runs out of the room before anyone can ask him a question.
Exaggerate much? Maybe try a hearing aid or some ESL languages.

And Trump never avoided answering any questions? The selective memory some of you have is astonishing.

Old 08-25-2021, 01:16 PM

100 posts, read 64,006 times
Biden used to be fun to watch just to see what stupid thing he was going to do next.
He's out of control now. His handlers need to reel him back in.

Old 08-25-2021, 03:18 PM

9,324 posts, read 16,667,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post
Even if all what you say is true, Trump still knew more and done better then the incompetence we are seeing from Biden.
a pigeon could do better than Biden.

Old 08-25-2021, 03:28 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
I miss that so much. I love when a president tweets. It's nice to know what's going on and what they are doing and working on.

I miss a president that loves to take random questions from the media and answers without note cards. It's nice to know a president is capable and confident to answer on his own. I like a president that can talk in front of the cameras without reading from the teleprompter every damn speech.

I miss having a real live president that is animated, talks, has real feelings and is not afraid of any media person.

I just feel like all Biden does is read from the teleprompter. His handlers tell him not to take questions because they know he doesn't know answers.

I have no confidence in this fake leader. He's just there. No one knows who is the real fake president.

I miss having a real president that can make their own decisions. I'm so sick of what we're stuck with. I can't believe it's even allowed. It's like having a half dead person literally propped up. It's been proven over and over that he's a complete idiot.
Dems are fascists and don’t have to communicate, as they don’t care about the legal votes, only the total after they cheat.

Too bad libs don’t understand that when you have a government that is not elected, they are never responsive to the people, as the US citizens in Kabul found out!

Old 08-25-2021, 03:37 PM

3,730 posts, read 1,321,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
I miss that so much. I love when a president tweets. It's nice to know what's going on and what they are doing and working on.

I miss a president that loves to take random questions from the media and answers without note cards. It's nice to know a president is capable and confident to answer on his own. I like a president that can talk in front of the cameras without reading from the teleprompter every damn speech.

I miss having a real live president that is animated, talks, has real feelings and is not afraid of any media person.

I just feel like all Biden does is read from the teleprompter. His handlers tell him not to take questions because they know he doesn't know answers.

I have no confidence in this fake leader. He's just there. No one knows who is the real fake president.

I miss having a real president that can make their own decisions. I'm so sick of what we're stuck with. I can't believe it's even allowed. It's like having a half dead person literally propped up. It's been proven over and over that he's a complete idiot.

AMEN!!! Trump had so much love for our country. It was great to have a President who didn't take anyone's crap. From refusing to allow Angela Merkel and her tears to make him rethink having Germany pay more in the Paris Accords, to reminding the Taliban that he'd use the full force of our military to blow them into the next century if they so much as laid a finger on one American, he really went all out in every aspect. The man could do a Q&A for hours. He'd go off script and would engage with reporters even knowing most of them were going to trash him.

He had the energy of a 30 year old and still does. Reports from the WH said he'd be working up until 1, sometimes 3 AM. Biden is bed by 8 each night. He refused to be walked all over by people like Xi Jinping, Kim Jong-Un, the Taliban, ISIS, and Putin. He made us energy independent for the first time in 75 years. We had no new wars, and we brokered multiple peace deals in the Middle East. Gas, cost of living, and food was cheaper. I felt like my dollar stretched further.

Biden's only agenda is to cause as much destruction as possible while he can. He and Harris give off a vibe that they don't care for the country and its values, and they want to shame those who love the USA. I feel that we are being laughed at around the world. And not only that, most of the world feels like that can't count on us for any future wars or assistance. Biden is weak. Our enemies don't fear him; we literally have the Taliban making demands.

But hey, no more mean Tweets.

Old 08-25-2021, 07:12 PM

37,218 posts, read 19,210,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post
Reagan spoke elegantly without using a teleprompter or without reading his speeches.
Reagan also robbed the Middle Class to give to the rich, and increased the size of the military by a third to avoid the recession that finally caught up with W. He was also opposed to people carrying firearms, and against assault-style rifles like the AR-15. He was also a lousy actor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies