Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2021, 01:29 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,867,870 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wzm39045 View Post
No it MIGHT make things worse!!

People who have been VAXED are more dangerous than those who havent been!!
Let me guess, you believe they are "shedding the virus" and are a danger to those around them, right? Or the vaccines are a ploy to connect people to 5G networks (for some dark, unknown nefarious reason). Or maybe they are magnetic, or have placed trackers inside the bodies of the vaxxed. Or maybe they are able to tune in the radio now through their teeth fillings.

These are all (except for that last one--as of yet) reasons that people give for why being vaccinated is bad. Each one more stupid than the last.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2021, 02:10 PM

7,103 posts, read 5,979,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Layden85 View Post
My work is doing this now. Sending emails that it’s “time to act”. “We don’t know the complications of others in our lives or the people we interact with everyday so we need to step up”. “We are part of an organization that takes steps to protect the health and safety of those around us”. “It isn’t about individual rights but about caring for each other” “This is one of the most tested treatments in history”. Is it?

All but saying it’s mandatory. Yet many of us work from home. I just don’t like this “for the greater good” mentality.
I got the vaccine. No big deal. Took the weekend off and had a minor fever. I also had contracted covid, spent 15k in ER visits, got the antibodies, and don't want to go through this anymore. But you do you. Let us know how it works out for you.

Old 09-19-2021, 02:19 PM

7,826 posts, read 2,724,781 times
I dont think people are being pressured. Here is to the power of advertising

Old 09-19-2021, 02:22 PM

25,436 posts, read 9,793,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wzm39045 View Post
No it MIGHT make things worse!!

People who have been VAXED are more dangerous than those who havent been!!
Vaccinated people have less viral load than unvaccinated.

Old 09-19-2021, 02:23 PM

10,443 posts, read 4,030,967 times
Luckily, the company I work for isn't falling for this crap. If you want to get vaccinated, the do it. If not, then don't. They don't even enforce wearing masks, which I do not. It's one good thing of living in Florida. Even then, if the company got closed, I still make good money off of my real estate rentals, and I don't even have to leave my property to deal with that. It's going to take internet companies and banks to be like "either you show your vaccination papers or you cannot do business with us" for something big to happen. But I can always get my doctor to sign a waiver, which he has. Citizen rights are a b^&*tch for tyrants, huh?

Old 09-19-2021, 02:39 PM

25,689 posts, read 18,773,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye77 View Post
Children are dying from Covid every day, and while the numbers are low, it is still tragic that people would refuse a viable vaccination that would greatly reduce the risk to those children. It is the anti-vaxxers that are sacrificing the children for fear of a needle.

159 children, 4 and under have died. 357 children, 5 to 18, have died. If your kid/grandkid was in the number you would feel differently.
Children are dying in car accidents every day. It's tragic that you would insist on driving and endangering them, rather than walking everywhere you go. All because you are afraid of a little exercise.

Children are far more likely to DIE OF LIGHTNING STRIKE than of covid. Should we all start walking around in portable faraday cages?

Using your numbers, here is the death rate for children: 0.000000454

That is essentially zero. What is an acceptable death rate for a disease in your mind? And if you say zero, why then is a non-zero death rate acceptable to you in EVERY other walk of life?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
reasons that people give for why being vaccinated is bad. Each one more stupid than the last.
Tell me if you regularly buy products or services wherein the manufacturer or provider has made it clear that the DO NOT stand behind the safety of their product, do not even claim the safety, and have explicitly relieved themselves of any legal responsibility via the US government for future problems, side-effects, etc.

Would you consume a can of soup where on the label it explicitly states that the cannery accepts no responsibility if the soup turns out to be poison? or would you buy a car where on the sticker it says, "If the wheel falls off as you drive down the freeway, we accept no responsibility.

If you do buy and consume such products, you are a fool.

Last edited by ChrisC; 09-19-2021 at 02:51 PM..

Old 09-19-2021, 03:13 PM

8,886 posts, read 4,573,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Children are dying in car accidents every day. It's tragic that you would insist on driving and endangering them, rather than walking everywhere you go. All because you are afraid of a little exercise.

Children are far more likely to DIE OF LIGHTNING STRIKE than of covid. Should we all start walking around in portable faraday cages?

Using your numbers, here is the death rate for children: 0.000000454

That is essentially zero. What is an acceptable death rate for a disease in your mind? And if you say zero, why then is a non-zero death rate acceptable to you in EVERY other walk of life?

Tell me if you regularly buy products or services wherein the manufacturer or provider has made it clear that the DO NOT stand behind the safety of their product, do not even claim the safety, and have explicitly relieved themselves of any legal responsibility via the US government for future problems, side-effects, etc.

Would you consume a can of soup where on the label it explicitly states that the cannery accepts no responsibility if the soup turns out to be poison? or would you buy a car where on the sticker it says, "If the wheel falls off as you drive down the freeway, we accept no responsibility.

If you do buy and consume such products, you are a fool.
{shrug} we do what we can to minimize all those other forms of childhood deaths. Everything made for children has to meet certain safety standards. If you have a home pool, certain safety elements are required, etc. If you are happy with doing nothing to prevent childhood deaths from Covid, and watch 100s of them die, you have their blood on your hands.

And in virtually every case, the manufactures of vaccines are immune from prosecution. Trying to conflate Covid with a can of soup or a car wheel is just a feeble attempt to deflect.

I can only hope that you don't learn this the hard way, up close and personal.

Old 09-20-2021, 06:01 AM

4,206 posts, read 3,755,177 times
Quote:
{shrug} we do what we can to minimize all those other forms of childhood deaths. Everything made for children has to meet certain safety standards. If you have a home pool, certain safety elements are required, etc. If you are happy with doing nothing to prevent childhood deaths from Covid, and watch 100s of them die, you have their blood on your hands.

And in virtually every case, the manufactures of vaccines are immune from prosecution. Trying to conflate Covid with a can of soup or a car wheel is just a feeble attempt to deflect.

I can only hope that you don't learn this the hard way, up close and personal.
Please let me know if I am misinterpreting the data but according to the CDC website "we estimate that there were approximately 480 deaths associated with influenza in children during 2018–2019" flu season. Also on the CDC website, from 1 Jan 2020 to 15 Sep 2021 516 children under 18 have died of Covid.

So 480 children died from the flu just during flu season which the CDC says can start as early as October and last as late as May (8 months) and 516 children have died from Covid in a 19 months. To me, it seems like the flu hit children much harder than Covid; 60 flu deaths a month compared to roughly 27 Covid deaths per month.

If flu deaths in this age group were never highlighted, why are the Covid deaths?

Old 09-20-2021, 06:12 AM

1,810 posts, read 897,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseManOnceSaid View Post
I got the vaccine. No big deal. Took the weekend off and had a minor fever. I also had contracted covid, spent 15k in ER visits, got the antibodies, and don't want to go through this anymore. But you do you. Let us know how it works out for you.
You were ignorant to get the vaccine if you had previously contracted Covid. There was no logical reason to do that. Natural immunity is 26 times stronger protection then the vaccine.

Old 09-20-2021, 11:35 AM

1,187 posts, read 994,873 times
Quote:
Children are dying from Covid every day, and while the numbers are low, it is still tragic that people would refuse a viable vaccination that would greatly reduce the risk to those children. It is the anti-vaxxers that are sacrificing the children for fear of a needle.

159 children, 4 and under have died. 357 children, 5 to 18, have died. If your kid/grandkid was in the number you would feel differently.
How many children have died in Chicago during the same time period? It's deadlier for children under 18 to live in Chicago than to get Covid. Let's ban children from living in Chicago!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies