Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2021, 08:39 PM

3,349 posts, read 1,238,192 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Absolutely false.
In 99 percent of cases it's true

But it's amazing how fat lazy slobs who eat garbage all days all pretend they're the exceptions
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2021, 08:43 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchcargo777 View Post
What if they are unvaccinated for religious reasons?
What religion tells you not to get vaccinated.

Old 08-25-2021, 08:45 PM

6,820 posts, read 14,034,515 times
Right, wrong or indifferent more companies are going to require vaccination as these vaccines gain permanent approval.

Old 08-25-2021, 08:50 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,071,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
ACA passed in 2010, not 1950. In 2013 before many of requirements for the non-group market went into effect, although they had been adopted earlier in some states, 75% of those health plans did not cover maternity care. And then you had a law that came into effect.

https://www.kff.org/health-reform/is...s-are-enacted/

If ya'll as anti-vaxxers want the nanny state to save you from the evils of market forces, pass a law. The hard work has already been done for you. Health insurance is already among the most heavily regulated of markets and there's no remaining question of whether the government can dabble in it for basically any reason. That battle has already been fought for you. All you have to do is get together with enough anti-vaxxer buddies and get yourself a law that makes it illegal for insurers to discriminate against anti-vaxxers.
You keep talking about something that is irrelevant. Classic case of not seeing the forest for the trees.

The argument at hand is: employees who pose a greater expense to the business, based on their health, should be financially penalized because their health conditions cut into the profit margin. What’s wrong with businesses making more money? was the question.

The logical answer is that businesses could then penalize their employees for anything. It could be because the employee could get pregnant. It could be because the employee has a history of depression, drug abuse, peanut allergies or cancer. It could be because the employee is black.

After all, using the kind of logic that Delta is using, businesses should financially penalize blacks because of their health issues.

Look at the stats:

—Diabetes is 60% more common in black Americans than in white Americans.

—African-Americans are three times more likely to die of asthma than white Americans.

—Deaths from lung scarring -- sarcoidosis -- are 16 times more common among blacks than among whites.

—Despite lower tobacco exposure, black men are 50% more likely than white men to get lung cancer.

—Strokes kill 4 times more 35- to 54-year-old black Americans than white Americans. Blacks have nearly twice the first-time stroke risk of whites.

—Blacks develop high blood pressure earlier in life -- and with much higher blood pressure levels -- than whites. Nearly 42% of black men and more than 45% of black women aged 20 and older have high blood pressure.

https://www.webmd.com/hypertension-h...ke-blacks-most

Wouldn’t you agree that given these risk factors, black employees should pay more for insurance (or be penalized) than white employees? After all, black Americans’ inherent health risks will cost the company more and decrease company profits!

Furthermore, I am not “anti-vaxx” so get out of here with that BS.

I am opposed to the POTUS or any other government employee demanding that private corporations interfere with their employees’ medical decisions. I am opposed to the lies and hiding of data regarding THIS “vaccine.” I am opposed to mandates at private business and public universities. This is not freedom; this is totalitarianism.

Last edited by calgirlinnc; 08-25-2021 at 09:05 PM..

Old 08-25-2021, 08:50 PM

4,507 posts, read 4,045,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
What religion tells you not to get vaccinated.
Is it literally not the mark of the beast right now?

“And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.”

Old 08-25-2021, 08:58 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeNigh View Post
Is it literally not the mark of the beast right now?

“And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.”
What does this have to do with being vaccinated.

Old 08-25-2021, 09:11 PM

3,606 posts, read 1,658,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPibbs View Post
If that's their mentality, why not charge fat passengers more and give thin passengers especially those without luggage, a discount? Fat people are fat by choice. They ate. Every pound came from food. You cannot get fat without eating.

Obesity is not contagious like covid...

Old 08-25-2021, 09:23 PM

21,876 posts, read 25,146,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
You keep talking about something that is irrelevant. Classic case of not seeing the forest for the trees.

The argument at hand is: employees who pose a greater expense to the business, based on their health, should be financially penalized because their health conditions cut into the profit margin. What’s wrong with businesses making more money? was the question.

The logical answer is that businesses could then penalize their employees for anything. It could be because the employee could get pregnant. It could be because the employee has a history of depression, drug abuse, peanut allergies or cancer. It could be because the employee is black.

After all, using the kind of logic that Delta is using, businesses should financially penalize blacks because of their health issues.

Look at the stats:

—Diabetes is 60% more common in black Americans than in white Americans.

—African-Americans are three times more likely to die of asthma than white Americans.

—Deaths from lung scarring -- sarcoidosis -- are 16 times more common among blacks than among whites.

—Despite lower tobacco exposure, black men are 50% more likely than white men to get lung cancer.

—Strokes kill 4 times more 35- to 54-year-old black Americans than white Americans. Blacks have nearly twice the first-time stroke risk of whites.

—Blacks develop high blood pressure earlier in life -- and with much higher blood pressure levels -- than whites. Nearly 42% of black men and more than 45% of black women aged 20 and older have high blood pressure.

https://www.webmd.com/hypertension-h...ke-blacks-most

Wouldn’t you agree that given these risk factors, black employees should pay more for insurance (or be penalized) than white employees? After all, black Americans’ inherent health risks will cost the company more and decrease company profits!

Furthermore, I am not “anti-vaxx” so get out of here with that BS.

I am opposed to the POTUS or any other government employee demanding that private corporations interfere with their employees’ medical decisions. I am opposed to the lies and hiding of data regarding THIS “vaccine.” I am opposed to mandates at private business and public universities. This is not freedom; this is totalitarianism.
Employees should of course be free to discriminate. They're running a business whose purpose is to generally make a profit and their employees are one of their assets that allows them to do so. Nobody wants an employee who doesn't perform well. At the same time as a society we've decided some forms of discrimination are not allowable, your protected classes, while others of course employers should discriminate based upon. The ones who manage their assets, including their human capital, better than others are rewarded with higher profits.

Discriminating against an employee who has absenteeism because of out of control diabetes, good. More likely to be a black person or a brown person than a white person since black and brown people are more likely to have out of control diabetes than white people. Employers cannot by law, however, discriminate against black people because they are black. There are laws that prevent them from doing so. They're perfectly free to discriminate on absenteeism though. As an anti-vaxxer if you want such laws to protect you as well, then get those laws passed. Likewise, if people that just don't like to show up to work want to have laws protecting them from unfair discrimination, get the laws passed.

Old 08-25-2021, 09:27 PM

3,072 posts, read 1,301,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Delta is giving people who are vaccinated time off with pay without having to use their sick leave if they come down with covid. Unvaccinated will have to dip into their sick leave if they get it.

I'll be getting my flu shot in October I think. They say to hold on a bit as immunity wanes (imagine that in a vaccine!) and you want it to last into the end of the season. I did get a third comirnaty shot/booster already. I'm not taking unnecessary chances. That would be irrational. It was good news today on the boosters, too.
I assume they can just opt not to be payed. I did that at a job I had in the mid 2000s. They didn’t have separate sick time or vacation time so whenever I got sick I just said don’t pay me I don’t want to use my vacation time in essence to get payed when I’m sick

Old 08-25-2021, 11:10 PM

27,141 posts, read 15,318,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman99 View Post
Obesity is not contagious like covid...
No but it is listed as a bad factor in Covid patients and other medical conditions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies